Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 cyborg manipulation - Minitokyo

cyborg manipulation

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Hey guys i am writing a new story about a robot controlled by someone mind and i was trying to make a poster for it but i can't seem to be satisfied with the robotic part of the poster can you give me some tips on how to improve it?

here is the last poster i made:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EN5FS9yE338/VV8ZhftBjVI/AAAAAAAAKok/TLufd1XxOzM/s800/substitute_shell-00.png

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Well, it doesn't look robotic enough. For a start, I'd change the sepia for teal or blue, add some highlights (his eye could be totally shining) and increase contrast.

Tbh, this looks more like a vintage photo from the last century than a futuristic poster for a cybernetic world.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I like sepia lol
the problem is that the robot has to look exactly like a human being that's why i tried to peel the skin, so he doesn't have shining eyes, nobody is supposed to notice he is a robot in the story and i tried to pass it to the poster that's why i am torn on how to depic
here changed to a cyan and added some screen texture for the "x-ray" portion lol
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IfQ9UjZlj8s/VV9Jyi4CFpI/AAAAAAAAKo0/eS8OekaGJV8/s800/substitute_shell-01.png

Signature

the robotic parts looks like the Main board of a Computer so why dont you take a example from Terminator like making some metalic Bones or a mechanical eyes and stuff like that, things which you can see everywhere in movies for the beginning

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I find that so overused I wanted to do something different not to mention all tutorials seem to use the very same skeleton to make it.

Signature

i see, then how about adding something more to those effects you already have,make it more complex and interesting like some lights or seeing the energy flowing like blood throught the mechanical parts

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

What about this?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xfCojBpz_pQ/VWB9Dg2U5TI/AAAAAAAAKpY/MbVvJ9r-R_k/s800/substitute_shell-02.png
i tried to make the skeleton soft but still look hightech

Signature

looks better and more interesting still i got a feeling something is missing just cant figure out what it is but maybe its just my imagination.
I had the idea of making clear artificial muscles be seen but i would satisfied with the Poster just cant clearly figure out aboput the cyborg theme so i would advice to make the mechanical eye stand more out like a certain glow

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

the story is about a guy that suffers a car accident, when he wakes up from a coma he can only move his eyes, so his father who works with prosthesis creates from him a body he can control with his mind. The point of the story is him trying to get back at life when nobody knows who is walking around is a mechanical body. so the robot itself is like a perfect human, nobody notices until the day he malfunctions.
i am too attached with this plot line behind the poster, i also feel there's something missing i can't figure out.

Signature

since you have the freedom of using half of his body for robotic parts i would fully use it and not just the head and part of the chest, more robotic muscles and some machiene kind stuff maybe like showing more steel and cause thats how people imagine things like that. i would try making his robotic half be completly robotic if possible

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

I can't work with a tablet atm so this is bad but here are my main ideas:
1. make only the "scan" part, which is revealing his robotic part green/teal/blue. I think that'll make him look more like a human being and at the same time highlight his robotic part.
2. Add glows to it. On the robotic part and ON HIS EYE. TOTALLY DO IT! Eyes are the most expressive feature of a human face (in that sense that you can always "read" in someone's eyes even if they try to cover sth up)
3. stop de-contrasting and desaturating the image. I've noticed you like to do that but I think it's a step backwards.
4. your cyborg looks too perfect compared to the guy in the bg. try to unite their skin tones (make the robot boy darker and more "orange". when I reset the colors from the green scheme to a normal one, the difference between their skin tones was scary.)
5. get rid of that inner glow/shadow or whatever it is on the cyborg. look at how unnaturally shiny his ear is. Only use the higlights on that part of his body, which is "scanned".
6. Add some tech brushes? i swear they help add the "tech" feeling a lot.
7. Ignore the black lines around his eye, I just united that with the BG guy, too. xD

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Eli one question for you: HOW DID YOU DO THAT WITH A TABLET?!
*feels even more newbie than ever*
i tried to even their skin tones i swear but Youngwoon was tanned (BG guy) when he took that photo, while Sungmin (upfront guy) got his milky white skin too enhanced in the photoshot, in the original scan he is really paper white lol (i tried to level their skin tones i swear lol)
how do i reset colors? i like the outcome of the tone you got there i don't think i will make it right lol
after messing up with it again i came up with this: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fuk4QgNrNWs/VWDhNSTVwNI/AAAAAAAAKpo/SjBrQSrbIBI/s800/substitute_shell-03.png

Shima@ To make his 'robotic' part fully robotic it would require a skill i don't have. I don't feel confident i can take off his shirt lol

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

You mean withOUT a tablet? Lol, it was mostly just changing brightness, contrast, saturation, and adding some brushes so not thaaaat difficult...

Ok, yes - better but I think you can go further with the "normal human" part. It's still too dark and too green/yellow. If you use Photoshop, you can try to go to Image ---> Auto Color/Contrast/Tone and then also manually edit the brightness and contrast, and colors in the Adjustments. Maybe you know but if not, here's what I mean.

With the tech brushes, you really added a lot, omg. xD Doesn't look entirely bad but it's a bit stuffed now. Try making at least some of them more transparent? Other than that, I love those robotic muscles you used instead of the first version. Shima had a good idea.

And one more thing. As I'm thinking about it, the "cyber" part of the poster should prolly always be brighter than the rest. It should draw people's attention, after all. So yeah, I think that from this point of view you're doing better job than me so far. :D

Did you searched for some Tutorials, im sure there are some Terminator tutorials you can use as a help to improve your skills on that part, badly im not good with real life Images so i can just advise to tutorials say my opinion or share my personal ideas so sorry if i wasnt much help.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Believe me i only used two brushes there XD (the tech brushes, i have a very interesting collection lol)
i don't know, but after adjusting the brightenss and contrast i think it's not necessary to make those brushes transparent i like how it is now
XD you guys give me thubs up to use version 4 as final poster? XD
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XeJGUJmN_JU/VWI0ZPlJUZI/AAAAAAAAKp8/v44ZUE-4UQo/s800/substitute_shell-04.png

Signature

In the end it has to satiasfy youreself, i think everyone of them looks good so choose what you think is best or suited most but i like the new version the most cause of the Contrast

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Yeaah, I think this is definitely the best one yet. Like Shima said -if you're satisfied with it, leave it at this.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

thank you guys for the help <3
Mods you can close this topic! <3

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.