Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question about extractions - Minitokyo

Question about extractions

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hi I'm sorry I'm not so sure where this thread would belong to. I've been looking through the FAQs and Terms of Service for Minitokyo but I haven't really had my question answered so I turned to the forum.

As a user here, I use a lot of Minitokyo's scans to extract the images to turn the main subject into a render. I've recently uploaded a few on DeviantArt to share with the community but a user asked me if I had rights to even extract the images and submit them? She asked if users have full permission to use the images for "personal digital artwork" let alone extracting the images. So I just wanted to ask if there any any laws or issues in doing so. I have a website that is also part PNG archive so I wanted to know if I was doing anything wrong...?

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Hello,

Regarding your question about scans, you can share the renders extracted from the scans you find here, but it'll be way more better and respectable for a Scanner if you ask them first. They share here, for sharing so of course they don't really mind if you make renders with their scans. But it is only acceptable as long as you're not using these renders for Commercial purpose in any way.
And also Extracting other members' wallpaper character and call them as "Render" is strictly prohibited.

Hope this helps. ^^

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

As Monu-chan stated, if it's a wallpaper it would be best to ask the creator. Some wallers specifically forbid others from extracting pieces from their work and reuploading them as "renders", and some wallers share the vectors/renders they used themselves.

The situation with scans is a bit more complex. Considering the fact that the scanned material is done by certain studios/artists, the scanner cannot take legal credit for the scans. The only thing they can take credit for is scanning and post-processing. Most scanners forbid others from reuploading their complete scans i.e. they do not state that renders are out of the question. My opinion would be that you can freely extract renders from scans and reupload them if you so wish.

IMO the person who asked you is going a bit overboard. If we had to ask permission for everything, every scanner and waller out there would have to contact the studios/artists responsible for the art and ask if they can scan their images, make avatars of them or whatever. Generally, it's OK to use art as long as you don't make any profits from it, or try to pass it off as 100% your own.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.