Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deleted recent scan from Code: Realize - Minitokyo

Deleted recent scan from Code: Realize

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

magiciangirl

magiciangirl

flowermiko a.k.a. MG-chan

I've got a question about my scan that got deleted "To Whom my Heart Goes To." While I understand there is a similar to a scan already in the gallery To Whom My Heart Goes To by magiciangirl
To Whom My Heart Goes To by magiciangirl I intended it to be an alternate text-less version (since for graphic making some might prefer a ready-available clean image) as it's sourced from a different book than the one currently in the gallery.

I do understand it's of lower resolution, but there's one thing I don't understand is self-scanned versus not self-scanned images: Is it better to submit a self-made scan of general good quality or will a "not my scan" image always be favored because of higher resolution? I'd like to know this for future reference since there are some scans I'd like to make as text-less, clean versions of images currently in the gallery, in addition that in the art book I'm scanning from there are alternate versions of the same image (one page versus two-page spread).

Pinyan

Retired Moderator

Pinyan

blergh

The problem was not in the size comparison, it was virtually nothing though yours was inferior in quality if the borders are cut out.
Your scan was poorly fixed, it even had the letter C remaining. And the text is not even a major flaw that would require corrections
We don't generally keep fixed scans if there's a basically the same scan in the gallery, unless the work is necessary and extremely well done.

Uploading as self-scanned also doesn't elevate the "value" of a scan.

magiciangirl

magiciangirl

flowermiko a.k.a. MG-chan

Thank you so much for your reply. I had not noticed the remaining "C" so for my own purposes I will correct that. I was working on this late at night, but as I said, I also wanted some clarification of a self-scan versus non self-scans. Thank you very much.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.