Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Blur in Bamboo: Noragami Wallpaper Feedback Please - Minitokyo

Blur in Bamboo: Noragami Wallpaper Feedback Please

Tagged under Noragami

page 1 of 1 10 total items

xMikaMckeenax

xMikaMckeenax

Where can I find a dream?

So been a while sense I did any kind of anime/manga wallpaper yet Norgami dug me more and more out and now I must fan out and make some wallpapers for this anime (you must go see it or read the manga).

This wallpaper is simple in the background being black, the bamboo is in shades of greens to darker tones and in adding in a neon glow and outlines in just playing around the layers a bit. Did a blur effects to give it a sense of fast movement in like passing by. With the main female, did a oil pointing like effect to blur her and make it black and white with adding soft glow and lighting a bit in like with the bamboo.

Render: http://mikamckeena.deviantart.com/art/Hiyori-Hibiki-Vector-Noragami-517924147

Anime/Manga: Noragami
Layers: 22
Time: 4 days
Cannon: Hiyori Iki
Used: Gimp and Paint.net

Feedback will be a welcome given this is my anime/manga wallpaper in a super long time.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/DemonicHellfire/1abluee_zps9obozjil.jpeg

What shall that Wallpaper make see? i see a blurred bad extracted screenshot with a simple BG.
When i look at the original Vector you used i felt sorry for it (No offense) so you should start by letting know what you want to tell with the wallpaper or what idea you had when you started it.

My Advice would be to start from scratch and only blur certain parts ( let her face be visible )
Im not experienced with GIMP but dont use paint since that software cant help you at all, GIMP should have every feature you need.

Maybe instead of bluring the Character try to make a BG which is partially blurred.
I also would advice to work in a higher and more common resolution for the future since not many people use a outdated resolution.

xMikaMckeenax

xMikaMckeenax

Quote by ShimazakiWhat shall that Wallpaper make see? i see a blurred bad extracted screenshot with a simple BG.
When i look at the original Vector you used i felt sorry for it (No offense) so you should start by letting know what you want to tell with the wallpaper or what idea you had when you started it.

My Advice would be to start from scratch and only blur certain parts ( let her face be visible )
Im not experienced with GIMP but dont use paint since that software cant help you at all, GIMP should have every feature you need.

Maybe instead of bluring the Character try to make a BG which is partially blurred.
I also would advice to work in a higher and more common resolution for the future since not many people use a outdated resolution.

I can try but Gimp is a bit out dated a bit sadly and I'm to broke to get photoshop or any other software till the new years (student loans will be all paid off....)

I think I will try as you, trash the old one and blur the background a bit and leave the render along minus a few light effects

As for higher and more common resolution would you say might work out better, given Gimp has no HD add-ons and etc...

Im sure deviant art got a few good Tutorials for GIMP but if you ever get PS i could help you more!

If you need ideas i also recommend you to browse the gallery and search for wallpapers which as the effect you want to make, also from the looks of it you want to make vector based wallpapers right?

xMikaMckeenax

xMikaMckeenax

Quote by ShimazakiIm sure deviant art got a few good Tutorials for GIMP but if you ever get PS i could help you more!

If you need ideas i also recommend you to browse the gallery and search for wallpapers which as the effect you want to make, also from the looks of it you want to make vector based wallpapers right?

I would love PS once I get the money for it. Also plan to look up some after I play around once more with GIMP and get a idea/feel for it like I use to given its been years sense I made a anime/manga wallpaper in any truth.

Vector, sometimes it depends on my mood or which one just "hangs" around in my mind and my style shifts if you look at any of my old wallpapers on here. Just also trying to find a good size to work in with Gimp for wallpaper size in which it won't freeze up on me, im going to try a 1280 x 960 which seems to be working a bit.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I haven't used gimp but pretty sure it has layers feature, adjustment layers, blending modes etc, which is very helpful in making wallpapers.
But not sure if you can vector in gimp or not, but you can always download crack version of paint tool sai, which is easily available on internet. You can vector those bamboos in SAI, and then open it in gimp, there should be filters in gimp right? Even if it's outdated things work when they're done well, I, myself use Photoshop 7 which is pretty ooooooolllldddd and doesn't even support most of custom made brushes and stuff.

As for the wallpaper, I would suggest to extend a bit of her back side to widescreen resolution like 1920x1200 pixels. Then arrange those bamboos in an order from far to near; far with darker (and cooler) color and nearer with a bit more light tones, and then blur them accordingly with varied strength. Paint some "Wind" to create a sense of motion. And then some random mysterious glow or bokeh will do the thing, then some adjustment layers (levels, curves, hue saturation and color balance etc)for final touches and then if you want to add filters duplicated all layers, merge the duplicated layers and then apply filter, and then lessen the opacity/fill to get desired effect.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

A friend told me that a member named Raffachan uses GIMP so maybe you can try to make contact if you need help there.

I work in 2560 x 1600 since its one of the most common ones but i use PS for years so i dont know why youre having issues with it.

Back to Topic!
I tooka glimpse on your old works so my suggestion is searching for a BG and try to nlend in the vector and then partially blurring parts of the BG depending on the Positioning.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

It's honestly not that bad in terms of layout and general idea. Definitely lose the filters, because you have a perfectly usable vector at your disposal and it's a pity to make it look like a low-quality screenshot. As for the background and other elements, I think the bamboo plants are fine as long as you can make them better quality - personally, I think simple fractals would look pretty neat.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

xMikaMckeenax

xMikaMckeenax

Quote by pandemonium91It's honestly not that bad in terms of layout and general idea. Definitely lose the filters, because you have a perfectly usable vector at your disposal and it's a pity to make it look like a low-quality screenshot. As for the background and other elements, I think the bamboo plants are fine as long as you can make them better quality - personally, I think simple fractals would look pretty neat.

I think loosing the filters is a good idea and yah I get what your saying ^^. Just reworking on it a bit while I work on a few others and thanks!

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Quote by xMikaMckeenax

Quote by ShimazakiIm sure deviant art got a few good Tutorials for GIMP but if you ever get PS i could help you more!

I would love PS once I get the money for it. Also plan to look up some after I play around once more with GIMP and get a idea/feel for it like I use to given its been years sense I made a anime/manga wallpaper in any truth.

Vector, sometimes it depends on my mood or which one just "hangs" around in my mind and my style shifts if you look at any of my old wallpapers on here. Just also trying to find a good size to work in with Gimp for wallpaper size in which it won't freeze up on me, im going to try a 1280 x 960 which seems to be working a bit.

You can always get the free trial of Photoshop to see how you will work with it. IF you are going to use GIMP I would suggest looking for some good tutorials I can help you with that I have a friend that uses gimp a lot and he said there are a lot of good tutorials on DA. I have a link that will help you out some.

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?section=&global=1&q=GIMP+Tutorials

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.