Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quotes 3 - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next » 392 total items

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"When the Drama Llama's try to bait you...Just Smile." ~ UberDog

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

"A train is as a lovely woman, without a nice caboose it's just not the same." - Hooyaah

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." ~ William Shakespeare

A man must always do the right thing justly in opposition, if necessary, to that which is labeled "politically correct." For there are far to many who employ such a label to limit freedoms, namely the candor of speech in an attempt to steal incrementally, and in their entirety, the liberties of the people. - Hooyaah

What about Right-wing political correctness ?

"Political correctness" is a label typically used for left-wing terms and actions, but not for equivalent attempts to mold language and behavior on the right. However, the term "right-wing political correctness" is sometimes applied by commentators drawing parallels: in 1995, one author used the term "conservative correctness" arguing, in relation to higher education, that "critics of political correctness show a curious blindness when it comes to examples of conservative correctness. Most often, the case is entirely ignored or censorship of the Left is justified as a positive virtue. ... A balanced perspective was lost, and everyone missed the fact that people on all sides were sometimes censored."

In 2003, Dixie Chicks, a U.S. country music group, criticized the then U.S. President George W. Bush for launching the war against Iraq. They were criticized and labeled "treasonous" by some U.S. right-wing commentators (including Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly). Three years later, claiming that at the time "a virulent strain of right wing political correctness [had] all but shut down debate about the war in Iraq," journalist Don Williams wrote that "[the ongoing] campaign against the Chicks represents political correctness run amok" and observed, "the ugliest form of political correctness occurs whenever there's a war on."

In 2003, French fries and French toast were renamed "Freedom fries" and "Freedom toast"in three U.S. House of Representatives cafeterias in response to France's opposition to the proposed invasion of Iraq. This was described as "polluting the already confused concept of political correctness." In 2004, then Australian Labor leader Mark Latham described conservative calls for "civility" in politics as "the new political correctness."

In 2012, Paul Krugman wrote that "the big threat to our discourse is right-wing political correctness, which – unlike the liberal version – has lots of power and money behind it. And the goal is very much the kind of thing Orwell tried to convey with his notion of Newspeak: to make it impossible to talk, and possibly even think, about ideas that challenge the established order." - Somepony

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Colorado Prop 64...a liberal movement toward 'Higher Education'" ~ Unknown Tree Hugger

Freedom of speech must be applied equally and on both sides of the aisle. One has the right to say what they wish and cannot then complain because someone with a disparate viewpoint utters a thing which is found to be disagreeable. - Hooyaah

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

hey myri wrong post, try this one http://forum.minitokyo.net/t74425 to post off your PC stuff, that's where that would have gone. didn't read it either but thanks for going off topic of the post all the same

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream? -Edgar Allan Poe

BuBbLeS!

Signature

http://forum.minitokyo.net/t73396?page=17 am not the only one apparently,chillax dear friend it's just a long quote, nothing's wrong about it,on the contrary it completes sir Hoo's wise quote ;3

"I won't do what you tell me" - Zack De La Rocha

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

"meh." -angelxxuan,uberdog

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Hey don't make quotes on my behalf !" ~ UberDog

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

too late!

"bubbles!" -angelxxuan

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"I do not approve of such actions." ~ UberDog

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

"In a world gone bad, a bear - even a bear standing on its head - is a comforting, uncomplicated, dependable hunk of sanity."-Pam Brown

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Once bitten...Twice shy" ~ Zombie Fluttershy

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

“I'm standing in a slaughterhouse where the cattle are begging to become hamburgers. I have a right to be jumpy.”― Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Shattered Mirror

BuBbLeS!

Signature

"Never confuse The First Amendment to the Constitution (Freedom of Speech) for a right to be listened to, understood, or agreed with." -Hooyaah

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

“Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.”
― Ann Coulter, If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

“Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like.”
― Alan M. Dershowitz

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

(just felt like doing more than one quote, couldn't decide which I liked more)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Your First Amendment Right does not entitle you to riot as a form of expression." ~ UberDog

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -Ezekiel 25:17, Pulp Fiction

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Wow! so many stressed people around here...a little glass of whiskey anyone? ~ Myri

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?!?! ~ UberDog

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it's all about the achievement points. -angelxxuan

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Where Have All The Good Times Gone? ~ Dave, Eddie, Alex and Michael

page 5 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next » 392 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.