Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Kantoku wallpaper - Minitokyo

Kantoku wallpaper

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

Here is the original image:
Kantoku#689411

Spoiler (show)

http://i.imgur.com/51RJjmj.png

Textures:
http://sarytah.deviantart.com/art/10-light-textures-173000446
http://fav.me/d7mcd7c

I could use some advice, I want to add more "wisps" but don't want to overdo it. I started off with yellow ones then I found a nice texture of turquoise. Not sure if it's clashing? Should I just get rid of the yellow wisps? I've been trying to improve in lighting/adjustment layers. Let me know what you think? Really appreciated

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

It's nice to see you posted in the sandbox for some help.

I like the quality of the scan. It makes your wallpaper look almost vectored but not quite. You did an ok job at removing the text. It doesn't seem to be difficult, but I do see smudges in the place of the text, where it should be more clean shapes. I like the blue filter you put. It intensifies the scenery and contrast. The bulbs or whisps, whatever you call them adds a slight magical feel. Nevertheless, the amount of effort put into it isn't enough for me to accept it in the gallery. The text removal might save your butt though as it gives some extra points. I'm not the only person who judges. If there is others with good reasons, I'll be fair to consider them.

Now, what can you add/change? To be honest. This is a really bad scan to work with. Remove text, add a contrasting filter and it's done as a wallpaper. Resizing not mentioned. Problem here is that there isn't much to add. The image is entirely complete. There is no motion, the lightsource is set. At best you can add a bit of light reflection here and there. Changing the colours with filters could also work. Perhaps more of a night scene could work. Perhaps some weird brushwork or something. If you're artsy enough you could add animals and insects. Perhaps a book in her hand and pages soaked in the water. I'm out of ideas. It's complete as is for me. Normally an image shows more that you can do. There is stuff to light up and darken. Blur, contrast, depth, create more harmonizing colours and a complete different feel fhan what it used to be. I don't know about your image though. Sorry.

To help out and what could give other people ideas I have some questions:
What was your motivation to make a wallpaper of this image?
What were your thoughts/feelings/message for this image?
What do you want to bring by making a wallpaper of it?

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

Quote by ValunaIt's nice to see you posted in the sandbox for some help.

I like the quality of the scan. It makes your wallpaper look almost vectored but not quite. You did an ok job at removing the text. It doesn't seem to be difficult, but I do see smudges in the place of the text, where it should be more clean shapes. I like the blue filter you put. It intensifies the scenery and contrast. The bulbs or whisps, whatever you call them adds a slight magical feel. Nevertheless, the amount of effort put into it isn't enough for me to accept it in the gallery. The text removal might save your butt though as it gives some extra points. I'm not the only person who judges. If there is others with good reasons, I'll be fair to consider them.

Now, what can you add/change? To be honest. This is a really bad scan to work with. Remove text, add a contrasting filter and it's done as a wallpaper. Resizing not mentioned. Problem here is that there isn't much to add. The image is entirely complete. There is no motion, the lightsource is set. At best you can add a bit of light reflection here and there. Changing the colours with filters could also work. Perhaps more of a night scene could work. Perhaps some weird brushwork or something. If you're artsy enough you could add animals and insects. Perhaps a book in her hand and pages soaked in the water. I'm out of ideas. It's complete as is for me. Normally an image shows more that you can do. There is stuff to light up and darken. Blur, contrast, depth, create more harmonizing colours and a complete different feel fhan what it used to be. I don't know about your image though. Sorry.

To help out and what could give other people ideas I have some questions:
What was your motivation to make a wallpaper of this image?
What were your thoughts/feelings/message for this image?
What do you want to bring by making a wallpaper of it?

Thank you for feedback, really appreciate it. I was going for an enchanting feel, Studio Ghibli was my inspiration. I really like the idea of a night scene and will give it a shot. :)

Signature

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

This thread was also useful to me, because I was looking at exactly this same scan and thinking "it would be great as a wallpaper if it didn't have all that text in it" so I opened it up in paint.net and with a few thousand passes of the clone stamp tool I removed the text to the point where I can't tell where exactly it originally was in the image without flipping them in an image viewer. But I wasn't sure if just removing the text was sufficient to qualify as a wallpaper since I didn't make any other alterations. As I already went through the trouble of cleaning out the text, it seems like it would be a waste to just keep it for myself. So the question I have then is would it be appropriate to submit the cleaned image as a scan?

Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by chingetscookThis thread was also useful to me, because I was looking at exactly this same scan and thinking "it would be great as a wallpaper if it didn't have all that text in it" so I opened it up in paint.net and with a few thousand passes of the clone stamp tool I removed the text to the point where I can't tell where exactly it originally was in the image without flipping them in an image viewer. But I wasn't sure if just removing the text was sufficient to qualify as a wallpaper since I didn't make any other alterations. As I already went through the trouble of cleaning out the text, it seems like it would be a waste to just keep it for myself. So the question I have then is would it be appropriate to submit the cleaned image as a scan?

If you bring some other modifications to it (add some effects, text etc.), then you can submit it as a wallpaper - no problem.
But you can't submit it if you just remove the numbers on the scan.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Ok, thanks. :)

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.