Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Seperate tags for High Speed! and Free! - Minitokyo

Seperate tags for High Speed! and Free!

page 1 of 1 12 total items

While their worlds are loosely the same, High Speed! and Free! are different enough (different cast, different place, different time, different director/creator, different name, different atmosphere etc.) to warrant seperate pages or at least different tags in my opinion.

That's why I propose that there is a "High Speed!" tag/page and also a "Free!" tag/page. The Fate series is getting the same treatment (Stay night, Zero, Ataraxia etc. all have seperate pages despite a lot of characters overlapping) so I don't see why the same can't apply here too.
Basically, I just would like to see scans belonging to High Speed! titled like that and not getting grouped with Free! since they are clearly different/seperate things.

I hope we can arrange this somehow. Thanks.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30415/High%E2%98%86Speed!:_Free!_Starting_Days

It has all the main characters of Free! listed as main characters for this as well. Probably because it's still them, but younger.
Different tags are only made if the series are distinct enough. This is not the case.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Quote by pandemonium91http://myanimelist.net/anime/30415/High%E2%98%86Speed!:_Free!_Starting_Days

It has all the main characters of Free! listed as main characters for this as well. Probably because it's still them, but younger.
Different tags are only made if the series are distinct enough. This is not the case.

The main characters of High Speed! and Free! are different. It's right in the link you posted so you're just agreeing with me.
Thus they are distinct enough. It's just like with the Fate series.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Explain how they're "distinct enough". We must be looking at different MAL websites, then.

Younger versions don't count as "distinct enough". The Fate series have separate entries because, aside from the characters' looks, the plot and settings vary enough.

Quote by pandemonium91Explain how they're "distinct enough". We must be looking at different MAL websites, then.

Younger versions don't count as "distinct enough". The Fate series have separate entries because, aside from the characters' looks, the plot and settings vary enough.

The cast of High Speed! has characters that don't appear in Free! and vice-versa (like Fate). As I already mentioned, the main characters are also not the same.
High Speed! is set in a middle school, Free! in high school that's why the setting and plot are not the same.

Thus they are seperate, distinct entities and warrant different pages.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by ButtahHigh Speed! is set in a middle school, Free! in high school that's why the setting and plot are not the same.

Not a good enough reason. If it were an alternate universe, where they were fighting aliens or something, then yes, a separate tag would be worth it. But transitioning from middle to high school does not a very distinct plot make. It's just middle schoolers

For example, Sailor Moon does not get separate tags for all its seasons - or even for all its incarnations - because the characters and plot are the same, at the core.

The central cast of Free! and High Speed! is the same. Haruka Nanase, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki etc. Others that are unique to High Speed! can be added under Free!. Keep in mind that while we do want to be correct with tagging, we are not an encyclopedia at the level of MAL, and prefer to go the more accessible route rather than complicate things and make tags for every season, sequel or prequel. It is simply not practical.

Edit: refrain from removing the tags I added, or you will receive an official warning.

Quote by pandemonium91The central cast of Free! and High Speed! is the same. Haruka Nanase, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki etc. Others that are unique to High Speed! can be added under Free!

This is simply wrong though.
The High Speed! characters can't just be added to Free! only because you say so. They are seperate casts that make the works different.
Both works even have different names.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by ButtahThe High Speed! characters can't just be added to Free! only because you say so. They are seperate casts that make the works different.
Both works even have different names.

Actually, they can. This is the final decision. You did not provide a good enough reason for there to be separate tags, and I explained why the arguments you provided were not good enough.

Quote by pandemonium91Actually, they can. This is the final decision. You did not provide a good enough reason for there to be separate tags, and I explained why the arguments you provided were not good enough.

Your stance is "it's wrong because I say so" while not considering my arguments. I see, too bad.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Nah, those have been the rules here ever since the tagging system was introduced.
I considered all your arguments when I addressed them. If you choose to ignore the explanations, that is your choice.

Quote by pandemonium91Nah, those have been the rules here ever since the tagging system was introduced.
I considered all your arguments when I addressed them. If you choose to ignore the explanations, that is your choice.

A shame that it's actually you who ignored my explainations. There's quite an unreasonable logic here but you already mentioned that this place's classification system is inferior to other databases so I should take that into consideration and overlook this case.

merged: 01-24-2016 ~ 04:01pm
Oh, interesting.
Even The Idolmaster gets two seperate pages despite one of them not being about "fighting aliens" and both of them being about idols.
Even all those Fate pages have the same main characters (Saber, Shirou, Rin) with the same premise about the Holy Grail War.

The obvious special treatment is both confusing and hilarious.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

What's with the funky language in here? Can't people speak like normal human beings?

"It is hardly an issue of complication remotely akin to that of a situation to be anxious about, dearest mother. Clear worrisome thoughts from the limbic system about my overlooking of the lack of interest in slaving over the floor to wipe clean the ground of which I walk on of the filth that is known as cat vomit which you are vehemently upset over due to my absence of care or concern."

Language should be easy to understand - think of our old, infirm members like Alenas.

On topic: While the series may have differing outcomes, plots, same characters or what have you which you listed - sadly, what's done is done. There are reasons why it was lumped together, there's reasons why it hasn't been separated.

I didn't gather too much from this thread because you're not being clear in your replies and I don't watch the series to know what you mean by same or different. Pande already said the characters are the same and nothing is too distinct about it - watermelons aren't the same as wintermelons.

Sorry, I haven't slept for 26 hours so this is the best I can push out as a reply for now - if you want to type a longer explanation and one that doesn't requires me to mentally assume what you mean, as I don't watch either series, then feel free to do so.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.