Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New to MT - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Hello everyone I will warn you now my spelling and punctuation is not to good at times. I am looking to get into learning Adobe Photoshop and I remember browsing minitokyo when I frequented the forums on animepaper.net which has been shutdown for sometime and some years. I know your not supposed to advertise for outside sites usually in forums so I will apologize for that. Anyway as I said I am looking to learn Adobe Photoshop and I am hoping to find the friends, guidance, and help to do just that with the members of Minitokyo. Introductions I am not so good at since I kind of start repeating myself a bit as evident in this introduction so thank you for reading and I hope to see you around.

What's that spooty, spoothead, spoot guy, king of the spoots doing here?

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

A Warm greeting to you! it's totally okay for having typos, not all of us have English as mother tongue .
Yes. AP has been down from a couple of years by now.
As you said you want to learn Photoshop. So I wonder what exactly you want to learn in it? you know Photoshop is an multi speciality software. From editing to manipulation to creating and designing, we can do hell lots of stuff in it.
I can help you with Photoshop, since I'm used to it pretty much. But I have limited amount of knowledge in certain areas of PS. But either way I can help you to get it started! :D
So, you can tell us what exactly you want to learn or do you know basics of PS? interface, tools, layer concept etc?

Plus here a forum with pretty nice PS tutorials (some sites may he off-line by now though) forum.minitokyo.net/t1

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Thank you but unfortunately English is my mother tongue.

I always figured creating a Wallpapers for your computer kind of filled all those areas of PS you have listed.
I figured the best way to learn would be to start creating high quality basic wallpapers then branch out from there.
As for what I know of Photoshop not to much it has been years since I have looked at a program even remotely like it and even when I did it was not pretty.

So as for what I want to learn I guess it would be good to say the basics, tools, layer concept, and etc...
I always found looking stuff up on youtube PS tutorial wise a little overwhelming so many videos as you said it is a multi specialty program.
I am looking for the thread you posted a link for since it is not clickable or able to be copied and pasted.

What's that spooty, spoothead, spoot guy, king of the spoots doing here?

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Hey and welcome to MT!

As for your post and all things PS and wallpaper related, I suppose it depends on how much you already know about PS and what tools you can use. Wallpapers can also feature a multitude of things/styles like vectoring, vexeling, painting, typography, simple scan extraction, manipulation and blending or a variation of all those things really.

For starters, I would suggest to check these threads here to get you started:

PS Tutorial Sites (but, as Monu already said, this thread was started ages ago so it's possible some or most of them had already shut down).

Wallpaper Guide by one of the Wall Mods, Valuna.

Anime Wallpaper Creation - a basic guide by Tsunoh, one of the wallers here.

You can also check my two tutorials if you like: Walling Tutorial and Basic Lighting Tutorial.

And of course, if you've already created something and want an honest opinion/help from fellow wallers here, we always encourage new members/wallers to post in the Sandbox for feedback on their works.

As for walling itself, I suppose it's an individual thing - some people vector, some paint, some combine various styles etc. Start with something simple but not too simple lol and see where it gets you and what you're good at.

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

And also if you're really new to Photoshop, I would suggest to start making signature and avatars as starters, they'll help you to let you know some basic tools and layers of Photoshop. They're small, less time consuming and really fun to make. Once you've got hang of making them. Try learning how to "extract" image part/characters from scans/vectors (from indy art and scan section) provided here. Polygonal lasso tool is a great way to extract them. And if you have at least 2 hours a day time for learning you can also try using "Pentool" of Photoshop. It's one of best tool in PS just need practice to love it <3
I'm in college at the moment. So when I'll arrive home in evening I'll link you a really awesome article/tutorial for "Blending Modes" of Photoshop. They're important as well.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I also forgot about Nysha's awesome Ultimate Vectoring guide. Hope it helps you get the hang of the Pen Tool. She also has other tutorials on her userpage so you can check them out, too.

Signature

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Welcome to MT. Its nice to see new faces around here.

merged: 04-05-2016 ~ 03:39am
Welcome to MT. Its nice to see new faces around here.

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Quote by AlbelLeingodHello everyone I will warn you now my spelling and punctuation is not to good at times. I am looking to get into learning Adobe Photoshop and I remember browsing minitokyo when I frequented the forums on animepaper.net which has been shutdown for sometime and some years. I know your not supposed to advertise for outside sites usually in forums so I will apologize for that. Anyway as I said I am looking to learn Adobe Photoshop and I am hoping to find the friends, guidance, and help to do just that with the members of Minitokyo. Introductions I am not so good at since I kind of start repeating myself a bit as evident in this introduction so thank you for reading and I hope to see you around.

Welcome :D message me anytime if you have questions... I am a self-taught photoshop lady, OH, and post your works-in-progress in the sandbox for extra commentary from the community / people that probably have a degree in something artsy X3. Active members is really great, minitokyo isn't dead ^^ just comment and post all you want!

Quote by AlenasI also forgot about Nysha's awesome Ultimate Vectoring guide. Hope it helps you get the hang of the Pen Tool. She also has other tutorials on her userpage so you can check them out, too.

Nysha has the best guides indeed <3

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

hey there, welcome to mt :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Hey there and welcome to MT!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Introductions Forum | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.