Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Minitokyo

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Tagged under Harry Potter

How does the plot of HPCC sound so far?

Great, I can't wait to see it!
0 votes
Great, I wish I could go see it!
0 votes
Pretty good, could use some alterations here and there.
0 votes
Below average, I don't like much from it.
3 votes
It's awful, this didn't need to exist.
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Has anyone heard about the new Harry Potter play? It's called "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" and supposedly takes place right after the epilogue of Book 7

Spoiler (show)

after Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione, and Draco send their kids off to Hogwarts.

Synopsis:

Quote: Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London's West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children. While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

The play isn't out yet but the whole plot has pretty much been leaked already: 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Spoilers: Here's the Plot of the Play

To summarize while avoiding spoilers as much as possible:
- Hermione is played by a black actress (as opposed to Emma Watson in the movies) - not a plot point per se, but something that has sparked some discussion;
- the story covers more than one school Year;
- there's more focus on the kids of the old heroes, namely Harry's and Draco's;
- time travel is involved again, and quite heavily (roughly half of the plot);
- the Triwizard Tournament and another character related to it are a plot point;
- there's a LOT of wild stuff involving Voldemort, some more believable than others;
- J.K. Rowling has stated that the story is part of the official HP canon.

So, what do you think? Does it sound good? If you can, are you going to go see it?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Nah, it sounds to me like she wants to make some money instead of developing from the Original story.
The last few Movies were good of Harry Potter but it ended and it was a good ending so i doubt it will be as succesfull as the Original but sure i will watch it someday, just dont pay money for the Movie Theatre for that so i will way till its someday cheap on DVD.

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

Being a Harry Potter fan, I am really excited about this one. I really loved the story and everything was thought and planned greatly.
As what the last book quoted, "All was well" in Harry's adventures so it's a refreshing and nice idea to focus on his son's generation now. I am also excited about the new source of darkness now that the Dark Lord is gone. It would be fun to watch it but I'm more of a reader so I prefer an official book version of it.

I am excited about Draco's child! I hope the Potters and him befriend each other. Wouldn't it be nice to see some nice friendship between Slytherin and Gryffindor?

here for a moment

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

I don't have the means to go see it in the theater (I'd have to travel to the UK, haha), but I'd watch it in video form or read it. It's supposedly around 5 hours long, too, so it's pretty much a day trip to the theater/cinema!

On one hand I'm interested because I'm also a Harry Potter fan, but on the other I feel that it doesn't really hold up to what came before it. Rowling herself said in an interview that she refused to fill in the gap between the end of the 7th Year and the epilogue (those 19 years), because she felt that nothing could be as "epic" as the Voldemort plot. It's nice that there's focus on the kids, the summary was pretty to-the-point and I feel a book (or several) would flesh out their personalities more. Not too keen on the time travel aspect, as JKR herself admitted it created as many problems as it solved, and seeing it revisited after she tried so hard to get rid of it is...odd.

Spoiler (show)

I don't like the "long lost child" plot at all, and I think JKR contradicted herself with this. She mentioned beforehand that Voldie never loved a girl, and I don't see him wanting to have someone to continue his legacy and possibly "dethrone" him. After all, he wanted to be immortal so why have a successor? Can't imagine him boinking for fun either.

On the other hand, a more in-depth summary with more details and descriptions would probably make the story sound much better. The Harry Potter books themselves are quite dry and uninteresting if you just summarize everything that happens without accounting for things like descriptions of places, backstories, and characters' opinions and reactions.

Oh, and I'm really interested in seeing Draco's evolution as well! Especially since there's this very neat parallel between Harry and Draco and their fathers.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

inb4 this play turns into 7 more movies xP

I hope Harry's children don't have any children or the cycle will never end xD

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Hue you're way too optimistic, you know they'd milk it to like 2 parts per movie :P So that's 14 YEARS of movies!

And after that we're going to follow THEIR children, who inherited a super super special power from Harry just like Trelawney inherited the Inner Eye from her (great?) grandmother.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.