Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pokemon Go! - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 17 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

You knew it was coming at some point (tbh, surprised there isn't a thread here already)...

Who's playing? Do you have any funny stories from playing PoGo?

How many of the Pokemon have you found? Which Pokemon that you caught is your favorite? Which Pokemon was a pain in the butt to catch?

WILL THE ZUBATS EVER END?

Signature Image

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Welp my phone is too old to install it, BUT, I carry my brother's phone (and sometimes my sister's too) everywhere, been "pokeboosting" them since last week, those 10km eggs hatch in 3 days with all the driving (no, I don't catch any while driving, just to make the girls walk).
Level: 13 so far, there's no pokestops near my house :/
Strongest pokemon: Vaporeon, flareon and pidgeot
Team: INSTINCT FTW! my sis is valor tho :/
Pokemon found and catched: 50
Catched your fave? : still no :c
Pain to catch: a scyther xD
Largest number of zubats encountered at a time: 3

Signature Image
This day we fight!

greeno

greeno

I'm too SHINY!

Not yet released in my country :.(

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Installed it last week, played and walked a lot, but unfortunately no luck in finding lots of Pokemon. The place I live is more of a civilized area than any special spot of city and college is not in any special area too. So far caught Horsea, Bulba-kun, Pidgey, Doduo, Ratata, Staryu. Strongest is Horsea with 33cp.
There's not a single Pokestop near my house or college. :( And no gym found in city so far as well (Asked my school friend who's playing PokeGo too but he didn't found any either).
And Yes those Zubats are annoying. :/
But Pokemon appears in all sort of weird places, like Women's washroom (I was following the rustling grass in map and entered in a mall and was about to enter in it then stopped myself D:).
I also entered in an unknown apartment complex's boundary will finding some.
Didn't played it this week because it's raining a lot.

Quote by greenoNot yet released in my country :.(

Cracked version all the way!

@Angie: Heeeeeeeeyyyy! You caught Vaporeon! I wish to catch one too! *w*

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

What level are you at monuxsakura?
I've made it to 6
And I've realised I don't walk at all.. Like only 5 km this month!
And I like zubats, they're always stronger than average pokemons, but oh yeah there are so many pokestops near me, I don't care about pokeballs.
I've got a pinsir, magmar and clefairy, all below 250 though.
The bad part is I don't have any irl friends who'd team up with me to take over gyms -.-
And all around me are level 6 or 7 gyms from team valor and mystic >.>
Though an instinct guy did beat a l6 gym single handedly and I feel really proud about that :3

It makes me think like these teams are kinda like real sports teams aren't they

merged: 07-28-2016 ~ 02:31pm
And the gym went back to valor
The instinct guy had only left a pidgeotto at the gym.

Maybe the gym had already lost prestige in earlier battles >_>

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

After seeing 20 people sitting in front of the bridge in the middle of the night inside the Weekdays im pretty sure i wont play the game, i understand it makes fun and as a ex pokemon player im kinda interseted but seriously i hope you guys dont roam around in the night to find pokemon and risk to get fired at your jobs for oversleeping

Heh you're just worried you'll get addicted aren't you :p
But don't worry, it really isn't that addictive.
I'd say it's more casual than the original series. Actually it's a bit like red/yellow/blue, it's still new and they haven't perfected it so it's still kinda annoying and off putting sometimes, but good enough for casual gaming.
And the AR factor is really very attractive least for me.

I hope they make it better in late updates just like how the original series did in its versions.

Yeah gettin addicted is one of the most issues i heard about i mean the news in germany saying that people in us quit their Jobs to be able playing it full time and some died because of over exercise.
I think it will be fun in group but it can be dangerous as well

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

@Monu: yep, is the strongest my sis have (700+), the strongest of my bro is a pidgeot (600+)
I hatched a 10km egg yesterday for a 1k lapras but all I got was a 700+ electabuzz -w-; not bad anyways.
Current level, 15

What do you guys think about the team leaders? I'm loving all the comics they already have xD
Spark is awsum xD
-
About the security, welp, my country is best known for insecurity e_e so most of the people get out in their cars to pokestops unless on malls and crowded places obviously.
It would be stupid for sure to go catching at night here xD

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Nah it's just news being too 'sensational'

Well i will see if i give it a try sooner or later, so does the game has anykind of story or how does the game work?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/79803/pokemon-go-team-leader-comics

I didn't know there were comics! They are really funny xD

merged: 07-28-2016 ~ 03:37pm
There's not much of a story.
I think because it's an AR game they'll probably let people decide stuff themselves, kinda like that game minecraft I guess? If I have the correct image of that game..

greeno

greeno

I'm too SHINY!

server crash irks me too much so even when they finally release it in my country I wouldn't be playing too often

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Today I caught a Scyther of 151cp :D
And Don't worry, I don't go to pokehunt at night. xD
I'm one of those people who have energy saving policy, lol.

Quote by TheCompilerWhat level are you at monuxsakura?

I will traumatize you for using my PokeGo id here! :P
Level 3 >.> Almost to lvl 4 (need only 200exp).

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Reading everyone's replies... I... May be an addict. Haha.

Go Team Mystic! ( I only chose it because blue is my favorite color of the three... Haha)

Currently Level 18.

Top three I have caught are Vaporeon (cp 1349), Clefairy (cp 1092), and Pidgeot (cp 1008).

I have yet to hatch a Snorlax or Lapras like everyone else seems to hatch. D:

Of the Pokemon available, I was able to catch and fully evolve an Oddish and am working on evolving my Poliwhirl.

They need to do an expansion that includes Hoppip and Chikorita.

Funniest thing I've seen is someone leaving a Magikarp at a gym. XD

Signature Image

I have been a Pokémon fan for many years and I will not mind playing the game if I'm traveling and have nothing better to do. But I can't love it as I love the original series because of one major issue. And I don't care about server issues or unresponsive pr that's all ok, we all know Nintendo is much worse.
The main problem if the attitude this game encourages. Since pokemon red the main attitude encouraged was to consider pokemon as your friends and to develop bonds with them, simultaneously aspiring to 'catch them all and complete the pokedex' if possible. But the latter part was never serious, in the game or in the tv series, i think in the game they just give you a lame certificate or something when you catch them all. And in the tv series, ash never catches them all, he even releases really good and strong pokemon (much to our dismay.. pidgeot ;-; )
But Pokémon go takes the catch em all thing too seriously. You're forced to catch many Pokémon of the same type and feel no remorse in transferring one you had for a long time if you find a better one.
This is exactly the attitude Gary Oak/Rival follows and he is literally portrayed as the rival and is reproached even though he becomes the champion in the game. Pokémon go follows this exact attitude that was discouraged in the original! x(
It could have as well shown sprites of digimon or duel monsters and could have renamed the game to that. But even if you replace Pokémon sprites in the original, it'll still be Pokémon! So the only reason for me to play GO is this shallow association with the original.

But still, it's a good game, they have made the graphics really faithful to the original, so even if only for sale of nostalgia, I like it and I'd really find it fun in it for what it is had or had made other friends around who would play it but there are none ;-;

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Since my mobile phone is also my business phone I can't play it.
But Im not sad about it! I prefer playing on the nintendo ^^

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.