Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper Rippers In a Different Light - Minitokyo

Wallpaper Rippers In a Different Light

page 1 of 1 18 total items

ded113

The Grunge Princess

I know this was posted before in a different view but I cannot help but feel annoyed and upset that low leveled members look for a nice that is somewhat old and post under their own names and not TRY to make a wall...All that just to get a cheap level boost. This pattern is growing and meddlesome. Especially if it comming from my friends that work hard to design AND planning the walls and bring them to us anime wallpaper lovers. And what do some ungrateful people do? They rip! They knew the rules but they don't care that's what gets to me. I know that they rip walls and go beyond this site but...I was told to not let it disencourage me but this thing has been nagging at the back of my skull pecking at me. I'm not upse, just disapointed knowing that those people don't have enough brain cells to know what they're doing is wrong and probably wouldn't like it when the roles reversed and they becomes the 'ripped.' That's my speech. Waht do you think? See a patterm?

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

All I can say that it's an inevitable weak spot in the whole M T system....
not that sheq's programming is faulty, but again, it's up to us humans to really consider what's good and what's bad...
In M T there are lots, and I mean Lots of pplz from different places, but most have the same idea about coming here : to grab the scan heaven... that's the most noticeable pattern I sppose...
So, it's really a good idea to make the rulez even more strict, in a way that pplz have to conform to it by force, if they resist...
For xample : give an even rougher and harder notice to the rippers to make them realize that they've done the awful thing......
If they keep on ripping and stealing walls and scans... then he/she should be banned at once, without any further notice,... even better... ban the IP address!!! XD (cmon Sheq, you can do that, my hero!!! :D )
welll, my English suxxxx ^_^' I hope you all understand what I mean here..
I just want to make M T a better place... and free of those goddamn wallie stealers!!!

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Yeah I know it's bound to happen but these ppl don't seem to think how serious we are about these topics. They don't seen to give a rat's ass about that. If they need help on walls : two words of advice ; just ask.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

yeah...
recently
some wall/scan leecher
goin around here.

MT more famous nowadays...
sorry to say this
but u all here must now..

not so long ago
i got noticed by my friend that he found a nice walls on the net
when i see that. hey i seen this before..
yeah, it's the walls on MT.
the danger was this download-maniac is sold it....
*very sorry to u all :sweat: *
yeah i know that, he sold it.
the funny part is my walls are on it..0_0

well my suggestion is the guest status should be
limited to download anime-walls...just 2 or 3,
after he/she become a member then he/she can download more...with very strict version before he get enough level.

well that my suggestion, sorry again to u all. -_-

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ded113

The Grunge Princess

HE SOLD IT?! That greedy jerk!! If he sold it and the orignal production artist saw it he'll get sued by millions!! If that happens he deserve it. Ppl do some dishonest things to get to their objective. Sad. I agree to you jackal, MT must be strict on rippers cause this moring I still see rippers!!

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I heard plenty of times stories about pple seeing their walls sold on mousepads, tshirts and as posters...I beleive it's inevitable with human society, but we can still fight back

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by jackalx66not so long ago
i got noticed by my friend that he found a nice walls on the net
when i see that. hey i seen this before..
yeah, it's the walls on MT.
the danger was this download-maniac is sold it....
*very sorry to u all :sweat: *
yeah i know that, he sold it.
the funny part is my walls are on it..0_0

dude... if I were you, I would've punched him flat in the face, and point a gun on his head *naaah,.. not that part,... too scary,eh? ^_^' *
Anyways... I always told my friends not to do that kind of irresponsible things.... now that my eyes are opened here in M T... how we respect each other's artworks, and our true appreciation for it... not by stealing and even *cough*sold*cough* it.... >_<
That's why I want to make a tutorial on walling... because I want n00bs to make their own walls, and not just sucking things from the server... geezzz.. <_< humans are complicated matters....

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Someone actually made money off of other people's work?? Now that's just wrong... if I met that person.. I'd.. well, nevermind. Yes, I've noticed quite a few rippers, not just of MT works, but from other sites, some people even go to the extreme of editing out the name of the person at the bottom and putting theirs.. and for what? Scans.. People cheat a lot, it's really not that hard to get to level 10 the right way.. I don't understand these people, they're just greedy and unconsiderate, I agree what everyone has said so far in this thread.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

well korganos
i just did that
*haiya...super punch*
but he say
'as long i pay for internet, i can download anything i want'
so i guess the only way to prevent him is to burn his house...*joke*
or
"well my suggestion is the guest status should be
limited to download anime-walls...just 2 or 3,
after he/she become a member then he/she can download more...with very strict version before he get enough level. "

how bout that suggestion..??

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

that is disturbing.... actually, i keep wondering what the heck is inside those people's heads.... stealin' about hours of work in just a few seconds.... heh.... *hits my fist against my palm* ....*cursing* ...*walks away*

Signature

synkr0nized

crimson angel

Wow.

I know I'm really new here myself, but I went ahead and joined because of the appeal of the site -- large numbers of galleries that I could eventually benefit from, a large community with similar interests, and a potential place to present my own work, provided I ever get to a level I consider decent.

I don't think I could fathom properly the mindset of a person who uploads work that isn't his or her own. At least not without making it explicit and clear that this was someone else's work, perhaps after having gotten permission.

I know I'm content with waiting until I have appropriately "leveled" sufficiently to download other things, such as scans. For what it's worth, I think it would certainly be reasonable to implement harsh actions against those who may be doing this -- it's a lot like plaigiarism.

The sad part is, people rip just for a little attention. They see a wall they like and they're so selfish that they claim it as their own and post it on a site so that people can tell them how great it looks. People are just too lazy to do their own work. It's like a disease. I've seen a lot of artword stolen, too. Just recently I talked to a person on an art site I go to and they said they saw their work being sold on ebay! And those people who steal will never know how much hard work and effort people put into their walls or art.

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

Well what can I say... things like these always happen and will always happen. Basically the wallpapers we do are similar to fan arts since we use a scan/drawing we are not the author of (even if we vectorize it, we are not the original author of the characters) but it's not a reason to steal them and worst, sell them. People will someday force us to put a huge watermark right in the middle of the picture to protect it. This is just pathetic...

Val3f0r

Val3f0r

^*-Wanderer-*^

Talking about rippers... yeah thats a lot of them in MT -_- what a shame...don't they feel shame about ripping other people's work? stuff that... I just saw another ripper yesterday named zjune if I am not mistaken and no he's more than a ripper... he posted a wall that already made by someone else. Indeed rippers must be taken care of...

I agree with you ded... if they want to level up, should've make a wall of their own or active on posting comments and forums...like myself :p... I download the wallpapers to put them in the desktop because I love them, not to rip it to get lvl -_- well.... I must agree with you ded XD

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by DeviletSomeone actually made money off of other people's work?? Now that's just wrong... if I met that person.. I'd.. well, nevermind. Yes, I've noticed quite a few rippers, not just of MT works, but from other sites, some people even go to the extreme of editing out the name of the person at the bottom and putting theirs.. and for what? Scans.. People cheat a lot, it's really not that hard to get to level 10 the right way.. I don't understand these people, they're just greedy and unconsiderate, I agree what everyone has said so far in this thread.

Us wallers must stick together and like I said before it really dosn't likk you to just ask, ya know. What ripper are are a buch of self - serving soulless fools with no morals at all. I'm a paitent person and I don't mind at all to help them with anything like what my user pic say. Look at my user page and see it.

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Well, rippers should stop...or you won't know if the wallers finally get angry at them and start increasing the size of their branding..worse...they may put it where you can easily see it in the wall itself...

I was actually thinking of that...you need to contact the maker of the waller to get a clean version..then again..that's just a hassle to wallers and user, and it won't really stop ripping at all. >_<

Rippers should be ashamed of themselves...won't it be more satisfying if people say your work is good and it is your own work? Maa~

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by Zuri-chanRippers should be ashamed of themselves...won't it be more satisfying if people say your work is good and it is your own work? Maa~

Amen sister Zuri-chan!

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

this is rather an alarming issue........

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.