I read the last chapter of Bleach yesterday & I gotta say it was very underwhelming. The hint at Yhwach still being around & the flash forward we were given possibly being just a potential future while Yhwach was just going to come in the middle of that & destroy everything was a pretty interesting idea. And it wouldn't have been completely impossible given his ability & that fact that Yhwach himself said he would find ichigo at his happiest & then that's where he would take him out. (I know this is shounen so the baddie most likely would've still lost, but it would've been cool to see that battle, & the possible sacrifices that would've had to been made to defeat Ywach.
Another thing I wasn't a fan of is: Ichigo x Orihime by the end of it. Now on the positive side: I can see how a kid from both of them, from an abilities standpoint, would make sense. Because Ichigo has a bit of every major race in him and Orihime being able to use her Soten Kisshun. But on the other side: This pairing is basically Naruto x Hinata 2.0: the shy stalker girl with huge tits who always loved and supported the hero in the shadows gets the guy as a trophy. And just notice the unmissable apron, of course Orihime's an housewife just like Hinata, because once a woman gets married and has kids the only thing she can do is being wife and mother. She can't have a job or personal ambitions, her husband and kids are the only things who must define her existence according to the ending we were shown.
So many things let unexplained, some examples are:
- All the Bankai's we never saw by the end.
- The Zero Squad not really getting a chance to do much of anything else besides being defeated or killed; whichever one because we never got fully clarified on that.
- Gerard got screwed because he wasn't even defeated in battle; Ywach just up & killed him to take back his power.
- We never got to see Harribel again after we saw Ywach had captured her, let alone see what Ywach was planning/planned to do with her.
- We never really saw Nelliel do much of anything, she runs into Askin but then we're cut from that confrontation. She straight up disappeared after entering The Soul King's palace.
- Isshin & Ryuuken show up & do almost nothing, except for Isshin talking a bit
- The Soul King is just left dead with nothing happening on that end. (at least nothing we get to see)
- Orihime not being able to heal the soul king even though her ability is suppose to "reject" god's domain according to Aizen.
- Komamura showing a badass new form then not being seen again.
- Hisagi being down graded to the biggest loser in the series (he has literally won one fight the entire series).
- Kensei and Rose being killed in their sleep, not even going hollow in their fight, then being turned into zombies ¬ knowing how they turned back.
- The Fullbringers mostly not doing anything (the only ones who did were Yukio & Tsukishima)
- Introducing The Soul King as having living sentient body parts in general.
- No explanation given on how Isane got away from Giselle.
- No information given at all on Ryuken & his stance on this war.
- What happened to Yoruichi afterwards?
All in all I think this was a very obviously rushed & bad ending. It just sucks that it wasn't allowed to continue until the end of the year; which would've allowed for things to possibly be fleshed out more & make more sense.
What do you guys think?