Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Reporting a PM - Minitokyo

Reporting a PM

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

today I logged in and got a PM from a spambot, I sent it over to a staff member, that's the only feature there was, but, my curiosity lies in the fact, why can't we report PMs, we can report everything else so why not PMs? I thought at one time we could, it's basically a he said/she said sort of situation in regarding the reporting of a PM by simply sending the conversation around. perhaps that's why the site is set up the way that it is, but for those who don't understand how to report a PM or what to do, and since the site doesn't have the ability to report a PM, what should a person do?

the most logical (that I could think of) is sending a staff/moderator, a blue of course not teal or yellow, and possibly PM that said staff member (in case it's something uncomfortable or a spambot situation/other), drop off the user's name and the message and then submit? then let the staff handle the situation once they roll back around? if there is any other option please let me/us know so we'll know what to do in the future.

I did search, but nothing came about, not even in the archives, so I thought I'd create a post in the hopes to help others in the future with what to do when this situation happens to them.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I just had a PM from a spambot and I reported it to Huesin. Hopefully he will get back to me as to the deal with the situation. I agree we need a way to report PM's.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

With current situation of MT, I don't think it's possible now (or in future).
And I think it wasn't there in past because it may violate privacy of some people (although I think members report only when it's out of one's hand).

So feel free to to inform me or any other active mod with Quotation of PM or screenshot (as it's best evidence) if you want to report a PM.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

alright thanks monu, by the looks of things, seems the spambot was super busy

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Monu-chan sent that bot to the Abyss.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.