Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime vs Cartoon - Minitokyo

Anime vs Cartoon

Which do you prefer?

Anime
3 votes
Cartoon
1 votes
Both
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

What do you think is greatest differences between them?

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Sometimes to tone; how things are handled.

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

The art style is one of the biggest differences imo, they both tell great stories if they want :P

Signature Image
This day we fight!

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

They both have a different style... usually. There are some cartoons that have the anime aesthetic or have anime inspirations.
They both however have different sets of tropes due to coming from different cultures

I'm gon' be straight with yall. I ain't coming back here.

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

Personally I think everything depends on the character designer, and animators in charge of drawing original sketch/cell for the particular episode.

disney wants to made their classic characters more appealing to the new audiences,
but the person that they hired is making the characters unlikeable.

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

The visible difference between anime and cartoon is the art. Anime art use to be more delicate, with a more careful trace, colors and scenery. The best anime art makes people fall in love with its beauty and the perfect animation. But it would be too few if it is not for the anime most strong characteristic -- the story and its characters. Beautiful, complex, dramatic stories and unforgettable characters. Anime makes people cry and laugh in a more intense way. Cannot write it about cartoon.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

in Japan they are called cartoons, the western folks call it anime. also, they may refer to it as animation, which is world wide term, shorted to anime due to western culture. animation is my passion.

http://www.homejapan.com/japanese-words-1

did you know that if you walk into a store you'll see Tom and Jerry in the anime section, sure, we can all go to "that" point but it's all about location. most Japanese animation isn't even made in Japan anymore, it's made in South Korea and shipped back to Japan. and there is Chinese animation that takes on similar "styles" as eastern styles. it's a world wide theft of style. I'll stick with cartoons/animation myself, I watch animation from all over the world.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

byakuyabo

byakuyabo

Heir of the Kuchiki Clan

Quote by leonardobarbaThe visible difference between anime and cartoon is the art. Anime art use to be more delicate, with a more careful trace, colors and scenery. The best anime art makes people fall in love with its beauty and the perfect animation. But it would be too few if it is not for the anime most strong characteristic -- the story and its characters. Beautiful, complex, dramatic stories and unforgettable characters. Anime makes people cry and laugh in a more intense way. Cannot write it about cartoon.

Added to this is the level of maturity in some aspects.
Cartoons are more appealing towards younger audiences like those in Cartoon Network while Anime are more on older audiences such as teenagers and above due to the complexity of their storylines.

Anime all the way. But I've grown watching cartoons so I can't say I totally hate them. They're both part of my childhood memories.

For the sake of pride...
Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.