Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Member input for site improvements - Minitokyo

Member input for site improvements

This thread is pinned.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

so, recently in the shoutbox, Sheqel, the creator and owner of the site, decided to mention to the staff that a thread should be opened up behind the curtains, so to speak, where staff could gather and go on about what would be an interesting site improvement, changes and so forth. with that stated, I got to thinking, why not a place for all members to provide input regarding change. this is a community is it not? should we not provide them further assistance even though we are just regular members? I feel everyone's opinion should matter, so, the only bad opinion is not starting your opinion at all. this way it'll give others the idea that we still want to hold the site together and provide future enjoyments, and not let people feed into the fear that the site is dying as a few have stated. so, with that stated, feel free to share your opinions on some site changes and/or updates. a few of them that have been mentioned in the past are (and please feel free to correct, add to or even modify previous suggestions):

-fix page seven error
-easier interface on the site regarding all tech devices instead of just a laptop/computer
-more colorful skin selection instead of such a dark color combination or the ability to use a user's skin, and perhaps some default choices before we use other members
-instead of using achievements we use pre-set forum titles instead, that a certain number of posts represents your title, minus staff who can change it to whatever, we can drop the color combinations (blue, teal, member color) and use forum titles so it won't "scare" members away in the sb, etc.
-the ability to stream
-adding animation that isn't on the site yet, meaning no one has updated anything to said title
-fix coding on the site completely, including database error, while doing so the site will have to exit html3 and move into html5
-the return of system admins who supervises the other staff, who, when something goes wrong that's who the staff reported to
-return of the points system to download images
-finally drop the whole illusion of family friendly, instead raise the rating to 13 yet still keep the ecchi/mature filter in place so people who aren't interested in that stuff can still filter it out
-check out other sites and how they do their coding and see if anything is useful for the coding for this site

BuBbLeS!

Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

WALLPAPERS
- support for large less used resolution, like 16:10 IBM 4k (3840x2400) or 16:9 5k (5120 × 2880)

INDY ART
- support for transparent PNG by vectors
- raise the 10 million pixel limit

FORUM
each fresh anime season make a moderator to create topics for each new major anime series (less known ones on demand of fans)

GENERAL
- if possible make ecchi art less restricted (with the current system even mere bikini shot wallpapers cannot be featured on MTs welcoming page no matetr how many favs they get)
- shorten the time that submission updates take
- make a real time shoutbox
- support for larger avatars with JPG/PNG/GIF being accepted

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Thanks for the thread Angel san.
I'd like it if they made the site mobile friendly to browse.
And maybe allowing high quality Android and iPhone wallpapers might not be a bad idea.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

not a problem Comp

another suggestion that I once heard bounced about and just remembered was, in the forums, instead of merging how about we create new post instead

another one, able to delete own posts anywhere on the site

third: the ability to delete guestbook posts from people who post in our own guestbook

BuBbLeS!

Signature

hm. not sure if this has been mention already (to lazy to read the post) but would be nice for

-User names to change color representing how long they have been apart of the website,
would be easy to spot new members and help with other things along the way.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

that's a fresh idea Tsasu, haven't even seen that on other sites, mostly seen them advertised by forum rank or account age not by a color combination. probably wouldn't be too much of a color combination idea, since we already have the age achievement.

here's an idea that I've seen mentioned before, why don't we have a block feature on this site? many sites I visit have them, so why can't we block them? telling one member to behave and stay away from another, or be civil can all be avoided with a simple coding to simply block another user. they won't be able to see nor comment on things.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

ideal

ideal

"Kopin kopin bo-bopin"

How about switching the site from HTTP to HTTPS? (I just don't know how difficult or easy it is to do)

Can't suggest anything at the moment that will make the site much more engaging and lively. :(

"Life tastes better with a spoonful of Kopin"
Signature

The real issue is the lack of active members, im here for a long time now also check here all few weeks or once a month now.
There is no motivation to submitt my Wallpapers here or even visit the forum on regular basis.

-the Forum need to be overworked completely and need some new Meaningful Threads instead of spamming games so we can talk about the stuff we joined here originally.
-We need Mods and admins who are active and have the power to do changes.
-MT need to be modernized since its appeal didnt changed in a very long time.
-With the Danger if getting some people getting angry, im for the return of the credit system to force people to be more active.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it has come to my attention that I actually forgot to add something here, the tag me feature. it works when it wants to, like every hundredth time or something, it sure would be nice if that could be fixed again, it so would help us tagging warriors than trying to figure out what needs to be tagged in the already overly tagged stuff to begin with. it use to work but broke a few years ago now?

I agree with the forums, I don't post spam all the time, and when "meaningful" posts do come around they are either ignored, no one posts in them and when they do people get fussy about an old bump. in my opinion, after a certain time staff should come along and lock posts so we're not introduced to necro a post, an aged bump so to speak.

however, keep in mind, when we had the point system, the site was full of spam, from dot reviews, to dot replies, it did keep the mods busy just dealing with the many reports of not even text replies just mere dots. to this day I still find these in old things I've come along to tag. but at least with the point system it forced people to log in and could only download a tiny bit and not overload the site with mass downloading, it forced them to return another day to download even more if they wanted to.

we have active mods, but they tend to hang around the sb since most of the site is sort of being ran on auto pilot, some are posting, but, as stated those posts are sort of forgotten. in my opinion the forums should be broken down in anime, manga and general, no more forum games, force people to be active and not type something just to get a ten count to their post before they can submit. I am on a few forum sites that they don't even bother with forum games and the site is sort of slower, but there's less spam. so, it's an idea to run with as well.

so thanks ideal and Shimazaki for your inputs, let's make this site great again.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Hello everyone, I would like to suggest in the group pages to make it easier for Admins, and Mods to add Art submissions to their gallery much much easier than having to put item by item number in.

I love pairings of certain characters and thats what I think a lot of group are created for, so it would be much easier for them to find for example humm if you love Cagalli and Athrun from Gundam Seed and you want to find them together well you would go to the group page of them and the gallery. But its VERY time consuming to do this. If there was a way that on the page of the original submission a Admin or Mod of a group could just right click and add to a group that would be wonderful. And maybe more members would go to group pages, and then interact more

Thanks so much and btw wonderful and very productive idea angelxxuan for making this thread :)

merged: 10-13-2017 ~ 09:27am
I honestly think a rewards system should be put in place for good behavior, and activity. I know I myself years ago quit being active because it frustrated me that hard work was not being rewarded or recognized. The more active you are there should be a title underneath your name for status and etc.

merged: 10-13-2017 ~ 11:53am
I think there should be a way to easily share anime related content from other sites to this one. For example if I found a really pretty scan someone uploaded to tumble of a anime couple I would love to be able to share it to that group page of the couple here without linking it but people can SEE it. Like if you were to repost or share tumble to twitter it let's you. Easy sharing of images would bring more footprints through here. I think we can use Tumble as a advantage I'd we can make it possible. They have the users (that love anime) and we have the scanners

merged: 10-13-2017 ~ 04:15pm
Also is there a way that Mods or Members could see new members that just signed up and that way someone could post or message them a Greeting Message and giving them links to where they can introduce themselves and group page links etc. That way they have a kind of easy way and a kind of kick in the butt to be social

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.