Game franchise you miss very much

page 1 of 1 9 total items

myri-chan

myri-chan

Proud Liberal

Cancel

This thread is about discontinued video game franchises you wish to see revived again.
Don't hesitate to post as much as you want if you can't remember all the games in a row ^^

i'll start with a game franchise that i like very much : Tenchu.
I really wish to see a new sequel or even a remake of previous games like tenchu 2 :3

“Science is the most reliable guide in life.”Signature Image

Cancel

Woa I liked Tenchu too XD
It was a good game when I played it on PS1
I wish there are remake for Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2, it will be great seeing characters in Suikoden 1 and 2 with graphics from Suikoden 4 or Suikoden 5 xD

If you know how I regret what I've done, will you forgive me?
Signature Image

myri-chan

myri-chan

Proud Liberal

Cancel

Yay another Tenchu fan ^3^
Suikoden was awesome dear sis, let's pray for a remake ^^
Oh yeah i forgot about one of my fav games : Fear Effect . i hope for a sequel or remake why not ? but faithful to retro helix graphic style ^^
And i miss Soul Reaver as well ;.;

Cancel

Quote by myri-chan Yay another Tenchu fan ^3^
Suikoden was awesome dear sis, let's pray for a remake ^^

Yaaay! \(>_<)/
I know right, Suikoden has a good storyline and fun rpg XD
Plus I'm sooo curious about Hikusaak! If only the new Suikoden will include Hikusaak as a Stars of destiny (≧∇≦)

I wish there are remake for Sword of mana, Seiken Densetsu.... I miss old characters in these mana games :(

Signature Image

myri-chan

myri-chan

Proud Liberal

Cancel

Yay Sword of mana another classic (^3^) b

Medievil 2 was a cute game but its graphics are quite outdated,a remake would be wonderful !

Twin caliber is a little known game which had certain flaws but some potential,a remake would be just great as well ^3^

Cancel

I have just searched Twin Caliber from Google and it looks cool! XD I agree it might be a good games with better graphic with remake XD

Do you know Legend of Kage? Nes appeared first before PS X in my childhood and this game was really awesome. I remember how frustating it was when I reached higher level but Kage died because I didn't see the attack from enemy. But I guess this is worth to be remembered(?)
I think this game can be better, with better graphic and 3D action such as Tenchu and Resident Evil :(

Signature Image

myri-chan

myri-chan

Proud Liberal

Cancel

^i liked that game for being a sort of mix between resident evil and contra and for the two main characters, an unlikely duo but endearing,you can't find lots of coop games these days,a common thing in the snes era :) it's really fun to play such game with a friend ,even tho TC wasn't a perfect game it had some clunky controls and weak graphics ^^;

legend of kage ? didn't play that one unfortunately :) i think lots of ps1 and ps2 games should be remastered ,developers used to be so creative back then .

this time i would mention blade 2 from the ps2,this game was panned by critics for 360° combat system and the almost exclusive use of the analog stick but i personally think that this system was on the contrary quite intuitive and realistic,also it's game physics were pretty satisfying to me,when you hit a opponent he doesnt fly up in the air like in most brawlers Lol the fighting moves were realistic too,it makes you feel like you are doin some real life martial arts moves.ofc the game had some defects especially graphically,also certain levels had an uninspired design except parking,club and subway levels (my favs) ^^ this game should be remastered,really!

Cancel

^ right, those cops and other pixel bites graphic games! Now I'm kinda miss snes games TwT
After read your post Unnie, I think I will search Blade 2 in store and try it XD but my Ps2 is kinda slow now :(
How about Prince of Persia Unnie? :D have you played the old ones?
I think maybe people like the modern version Prince of Persia better, but I like Prince of Persia that released in 1989 better :(
no, not the graphic but the way it can be played lol XD vertical moves doesn't mean the thrill can't be felt. The jump challenge and the traps are good surprise gifts from the developer lol XD

Zombies Ate My Neighbors! I wish the developer makes the new one with a better graphic... That would be fun

Signature Image

myri-chan

myri-chan

Proud Liberal

Cancel

^i know right sis!they were simple games but fun. nowadays gameplay is more complex,each game require a little training to handle it :/ another great thing about snes games is their unique charms,colorful graphics,dreamy music,surreal universes and no... camera problems X.X

have fun ^^ i recomend you enter some cheat codes in that game,because it will make it more enjoyable ;) the original prince of persia on pc was my very first game, along with contra on nes :') feeling so nostalgic *sigh*
i think you're right sis,the first POP is without a doubt the most charming in the series,it also had a memorable gameplay,but modern versions introduced a revolutionary gameplay as well(concerning 3d platform games),it paved the way for games like assassin creed and such.

it might feel weird when you play b2 for the first time but when used to it you see the game in another way.. i personally enjoyed it (especially when i add cheats lol)

oh zombie game ! yay.it reminds me of re2's remake. i hope there will be a re3 remake too ! but i hope they will reproduce each corner of racoon city faithfully according to the original ps1 game, i noticed that in re The Umbrella Chronicles they didn't represent it faithfully comparing to other games from the franchise,i was so disapointed :/

i'd like to mention two castlevania games from ps2 lament of innocence and curse of darkness,the ps2 wasn't powerful enough for such games,i think these games would have been perfect on more powerful recent consoles,fans say that the best formula is to keep it metroidvania style, i personally think it's a mistake.. you can make a great castlevania 3d game!games like tomb raider and prince of persia trilogies are an example of great 3d platformers...so more variety concerning level design (make it more complex as in tomb raider),and cool acrobatic prince of persia gameplay style would have been just fine.also keeping the sacrosaint trio iga/kojima/yamane is essential because they are castlevania! aesthetically and spiritually, nothing was wrong with character design or music :)

*one last thing i wanted to add.. sorry 4 being such a crazy castlevania fan xD
it concerns video game characters nowadays, who are near invulnerable (dante,kratos etc) it is cool when you make an action focused game but not really interesting when you want to focus on the adventure aspect. on the other hand in old school 2d games era the survival aspect was more emphasized,i mean in a classic platform game if you screw up you will just lose life in a dramatic way (like in prince of persia or older castlevania games as scIV ) and in a certain sense it is what made these games so thrilling, the sense of danger..for this reason video games characters in adventure genre must be more vulnerable..i played recently tomb raider legend,anniversary and underworld,i must say the developers nailed it,the platform gameplay is similar in concept as in old 2d games but in 3d!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.