Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question! - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Despite my long absence from this site, I've decided to come back to this site.
Reason being that I'm working on a writing project, and I'd like to get more opinions and comments on it.
If people here are interested, I'll post the entries here.

DontTellDad

DontTellDad

just looking at the pictures

wow roon! id be interested so post post post!

i like your avie

Ok, I think i’ll start tomorrow.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Hey!
Looking forward to it! :3

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Welcome back Rooney! I'm a writer as well, so perhaps I would be of assistance with feedback as well.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

sounds interesting just remember be cautious about posting things that you haven't copy righted or haven't published it's fair game here on the net and can cause plagiarism galore.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

I feel as if I should have stopped and questioned how you were planning to post your writings here.
Sadly this isn't a fan fiction type platform, and is more suited for art and discussion. You can feel free to keep the people here that agreed to reading / being beta readers in the loop but forum/threads are not an ideal place for it.

I'm gon' be straight with yall. I ain't coming back here.

“Art and discussion”
Writing is an art, and I’d be willing to discuss how to improve.
But hey, go on and believe what you want, even if it’s convoluted the point of making no sense.

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

You're right; writing definitely is art as well but I believe HA meant visual arts. This really isn't a good place for fanfiction; the site has always been picture-oriented. If you wish for feedback on your writing, I'd suggest you continue using this thread as you already started the topic here. That would be much better than making a new thread for every new entry, for easier navigation and organization. Also, since this is a request for feedback / critique, I'd consider moving this whole thread to the Sandbox, if the other mods agree.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Hello Rooney. It's ok to start a thread like that in the Off Topic forums or in the General Discussion forums. The Sandbox is for wallpapers and Indy art.

To be honest with you, your other thread wouldn't have been closed if you explained the reasons behind it, like you did here. Nobody in the staff was sure if your post was a game, fanfiction, or spam. In any case it looked like a one sided conversation that didn't allow members to participate in it. That's the keyword here, discussion. The forums can allow fanfiction as long as there's discussion involved and members can add something to the thread.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Whatever.
The first part’s already in the trash bin, so you yourselves are to blame for any misunderstandings non Admins may have in the future.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Okay so first of all, MT is imageboard. And with new site updates forums will probably be gone.
From what you posted in OP, I thought you wanted to gather audience for your work, which is obvious reason people post here. But Unfortunately forums aren't for posting fanfictions. You can gather whoever want to read your work and may post link for it in forum or on your userpage or sending them personally. And the thread you created were just text, you should've at least mentioned what exactly it is as introduction.
I've already restored your first thread. And if still want to post your fanfics, you can create one single thread in The Sandbox section. And post there.

Even after this if you still don't want to post anymore, that is your choice we can't do anything on that.
Thank you.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it's sad but true, this site mostly focuses on visual arts, unless you're posting that sort of art they don't really care around here. in the past there have been fanfic posts but they went ignored, if you like there are fanfic groups on deviant art as well as facebook, possibly other social media sites but those are the two I know for certain. sorry things didn't turn out well for you here, perhaps this does not discourage you from writing. as a writer myself, there is visual in your art if you present it well, but, sadly, it's all about physical images, sometimes the imagination can be a fickle beast and misinterpreted.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

DontTellDad

DontTellDad

just looking at the pictures

if thats true bunny lady then im sad now... im here to post and talk to people too... not just look at art

maybe i shouldnt be here at all...

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

To confirm the final verdict; yes we will allow Fan fiction entries in the sandbox forum. Sorry about all the trouble this caused this is an entirely new concept to us so we wern' t sure exactly how to deal with it.

Bunny you make it sound like there's a shortage of activity because of a focus on visual art but really it's just the sites activity in general. For the most part the active users here do check the threads and retain some level of activity. It's just more of a matter of having more forum games than genuine discussion to choose from- besides forum games are also easier to reply to and easier to come up with which could be another reason why they show up more on the active thread page.
As for the fanfic piece I've genuinely never seen Fan fiction in threads and this counts for every single forum I've been on -I've just never seen it used that way in general. I've only seen writers put their stories on sites like deviant art, Fan fiction, ext. In other words sites that let you submit writing just as you could for visual art here.
You make it sound like we don't care, but really it just wasnt originally built for the written arts unless that means discussion. Besides you'll find that literally on any site it's hard to get people to read your written stiff and gain a descent sized following, this also applies to visual.

And by the way sorry if I made it sound like I didn't see writing as an art, I know very well it's an art form and in fact an art form that's highly underrated that a lot of people seem to think is a skill that literally anybody could do when really it requires a caliber of skill just like visual art.

I'm gon' be straight with yall. I ain't coming back here.

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Why not post it on livejournal or fanfiction.net?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I thought there once was a group, if you like you or someone can come around and take it over, it's sort of vacant in there (as most groups are these days) http://fanfiction-alliance.minitokyo.net/ it wasn't really all that active back in the day because this site just doesn't do well with fanfic and/or writers. sorry that things aren't going well for you rooney, but maybe you'll be able to have better luck on a site where these sort of things are more welcomed and/or viewed/commented on. I have noticed on Crunchy Roll in the slower section of the site, they do discuss, comment and the likes on fanfics, stories, helps each other along, as well as deviant art (where there are some serious active fanfic and writing groups) and other sites exist as well. so don't get discouraged just find a site more associated with what you're trying to do. as stated it's visual arts around here, not written that's more common, just find a site more geared towards what your artwork is. best of luck on getting your situation addressed when it comes to tweaking things. it's been so long since I've engaged in Touhou that I'm not really able to help you much, thus why I haven't replied to any of your asking thus far.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.