Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Otoko Yuukaku scan - Minitokyo

Deletion of Otoko Yuukaku scan

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Hello, everyone :(

I logged in today and saw a message I really didn't expect to see. Frankly, I'm at a loss as to how to react.

Quote: it made me wanna pour bleach into my eyes

I don't know who would write something like this, during my time as a mod we never talked to people like that!
Anyway, I don't remember getting one of these, well, ever, so at first I didn't even know why I got it.

But I don't understand why my image was removed.

Please, I would like an explanation as to why my scan was removed. I spent a lot of time on finding it in the scanner's Tumblr, then cleaning up the imperfections—I even made a few small edits to make it look more realistic, like adding some detail to the skin. It doesn't feel fair to put in so much effort for nothing...

P.S. I know regular members shouldn't participate but I really need a second opinion, doesn't the original scan below look fine to you?!

Otoko Yuukaku

http://static2.minitokyo.net/view/01/24/696201.jpg

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

as a regular member, I'm going to add my two cents here. from the female stuff on this site alone, this is "clean" compared to those. talk about eye bleach for the others. but, yeah that's either a joke one of the mods are playing on you, or looks like the mods have finally lost it. to me, the work is a typical pandie production, good, clean (no jpg artifacts) and interesting rendering. I remember seeing it as I passed by the art section, but for pandie stuff to get deleted that's not good nor cool. perhaps if this isn't a joke, perhaps someone needs to be "retired" or "fired" last I recall mods bicker among themselves from time to time, but if they are beginning down this path perhaps it's better if it's without this person. it's not that hard to find out who did this, it always states who deleted it, so, if you can recall the number of the deleted work, then you can track that info down, retired mods and teals have to work to get lost/deleted works, mods not so much. best of luck, and it's a shame that it's become this, they have limited to no drama to feast upon so they are "attacking" one of their own. as a bonus, sends a bad message to the site.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Thank you for replying, Bunny, you're the only one who's taken time out to do so, so far...

I admit I would've liked to also remove the text on this scan, but unfortunately it's outside my capabilities right now. And I also feel it would modify the scan too much.

Unfortunately, the deletion PM doesn't specify which mod deleted my scan, and I can't view deleted items either...

The thing is that I've seen minimally edited scans submitted as wallpapers before and they're still in the gallery, so why not this?... It's strange that there's no answer yet...

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I was working all day, I wasn't able to reply to your message till now, sorry about that.

Pande, I thought you could see the mod who deleted your work in the deletion PM, and I thought my message there was obvious, your scan made me wanna pour bleach into my eyes. The quality is so bad I can't even say anything right now. I'd rather watch a hundred hentai scans than have to deal with such low quality modifications. I'm surprised that you, being a respected retired mod, thought something like that was going to be accepted in our galleries. You should know better.

I'm not gonna apologize for the message, even if it was offensive to you or to other people. No, it wasn't a joke, I don't care if the site looks bad because of a single PM. Some retired elite members should know that deletion appeals are supposed to be a conversation between the affected MT member and the mod.

I would close this thread, but I'll just leave it open, I don't want people to think I'm a friggin dictator, smh.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Replying later is understandable, we all do have lives outside MT after all and it'd be ridiculous of me to ask for an immediate reply.

I must confess I'm baffled by your response, Hue; I wasn't aware that the standards had changed to such a degree that even small changes are unacceptable. But overall I'm more baffled by the fact that it was you who wrote that... I haven't spent too much time on MT lately but I thought I saw a relaxing of standards, like even works that would have been deleted previously are now given some leeway and allowed to stay. True, during my time as a mod we were more strict, but we wouldn't have deleted scans for minor edits, especially if the end result was objectively better than the original.

But I digress, there's no point in revisiting the past now, what's done is done and que será, será...

For the ones who can't see the deleted item, I cleaned up some of the artifacts and added a few anatomically correct details—nothing obscene, because I don't like submitting lewd material, the gallery has enough of that unfortunately.

Also I don't agree with silencing Bunny like that, her opinion is valid as a former elite member (and I consider "former" anyone to still have the capacity to judge gallery items well, especially if they retired amiably). Please don't chastise her for only trying to help...

If possible, Hue, I would like more details on why you consider the scan to be unfit to remain in the gallery. Also if another mod wants to weigh in on this, they are welcome to (not that I feel entitled to asking them to do so, it's their option after all whether they want to participate or not).

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Hello Pande,

since Hue is obviously busy these days, I'll add my opinion here instead. Yes, that PM sounds rather harsh and offensive and it's true no one should express oneself that way.

Regarding Bunny's input, ofc, a third party's objective opinion is always appreciated and welcome but Bunny did not see your scan so it feels kinda out of place to let her comment on this thread.

I myself did see the image in question and I am very sorry but I gotta agree with Hue here. The edit was REALLY poorly done, and not at all "realistic" or "anatomically correct" like you claim it to be. And forgive me but the result definitely was NOT "objectively better" and the changes you made to the original were absolutely unnecessary. As a former gallery mod, you should be well aware that such a submission would not be accepted. I am surprised you are even asking for more details on why the scan is unfit for the gallery. I think it must be pretty clear to everyone who sees it. Yes, the standards are currently relaxed like you say but honestly, there still are certain limits. I can't believe we are seriously discussing this in a deletion appeal thread. Sorry to say this but it seems to me that you are the one here who wants to create drama.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Elisa, thank you for replying. However, please be assured (and I'm not saying this in a confrontational manner) that I am not trying to create drama.

As I wrote to Bunny in her guestbook, I am no longer upset about the scan not being accepted, because it wasn't even my scan to begin with and now I'm not even sure if the original scanner allowed edits/resubmits of their works. So, no harm no foul, the original is still in the gallery and that's enough for me even if I still personally believe it would've done no harm to stay in the gallery—maybe people could've even used it to make wallpapers, seeing as the more detailed anatomy would've made the render easier to use.

Anyway, I hope that I can still share it here in this thread even if it couldn't find a place in the gallery. Anyone can use it without crediting me, it'd warm my heart if I saw it being used in a wall even (sadly I don't have the time to do it myself, I would LOVE it on my desktop):

Spoiler (show)

Anyway, all the best, and thank you again everyone who took the time to reply to me. Even you, Hue. Have a nice day.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Spoiler (show)

Look at them modified nipples

http://i.imgur.com/6cgH4ZI.jpg

Have a nice day, Pande~! Wish you the best on your journey to become the #1 hentai artist in the world :D

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.