Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpapers? Still a thing? - Minitokyo

Wallpapers? Still a thing?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

MT is for a very long time a rather Quiet place, but until the recent years we had a certain amount submission in the Wallpaper and Indy art Section to keep things interesting and a reason to come back for some people.
The submission count sure dropped and while it started with more and more Wallers retiring, even the count for "amateurish" Wallpapers dropped to a level where i would like to ask the remaining Community "is there even a demand for Wallpapers at all ?".

I know that activity sure isnt as it was back then but since times changed, i would really like to know if people even bother to search for good Wallpapers nowdays or are Wallpapers a relic of the past now.

LionheartSleeping

LionheartSleeping

.pure summer days never come.

Quote by ShimazakiMT is for a very long time a rather Quiet place, but until the recent years we had a certain amount submission in the Wallpaper and Indy art Section to keep things interesting and a reason to come back for some people.
The submission count sure dropped and while it started with more and more Wallers retiring, even the count for "amateurish" Wallpapers dropped to a level where i would like to ask the remaining Community "is there even a demand for Wallpapers at all ?".

I know that activity sure isnt as it was back then but since times changed, i would really like to know if people even bother to search for good Wallpapers nowdays or are Wallpapers a relic of the past now.

With the domination of smartphones and simple editing apps, then, yeah, I guess there's no longer the need of making detailed high-res wallpapers. Or maybe it's because not many people can put much of their effort on such a thing anymore. If they want to make an image their wallpaper, they simply just crop it to get it done.

This is actually really sad, but in the end it's just how the world is running.

In my case, now I only make wallpaper as a hobby to get distracted from real life stress and stuffs, then imo while it's no longer a thing, it could be considered as a way to utopia to some people, at least to me.

Sorry for my bad English tho.

Thanks for your honest opinion, never thought much about smartphones but its true that more people spend more time in front of their smartphones then their computers. It feels like Computers and laptops are getting more and more replaced by smartphones.

nat

Scanner

nat

collector

And with the ubiquity of smart phones as well as laptops that are designed to do nothing more than browse the internet, you just aren't getting new people that want to learn---or even have the equipment to learn.

Added to that, individual websites where you're actually responsible for your own content have really gone by the wayside. It's enough to have a twitter or a tumblr or a facebook and just repost stuff you like that someone else already made.

That being said, people still search for wallpapers. Sites that run advertisements against that kind of material are in no short supply.

Check out my art book and doujinshi reviews! http://www.nattoli.net

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

This site is still good for scans, I still like making my own wallpapers for both the PC and phone. Mostly because I can't find the images elsewhere for them anywhere but here.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Quote by ShimazakiMT is for a very long time a rather Quiet place, but until the recent years we had a certain amount submission in the Wallpaper and Indy art Section to keep things interesting and a reason to come back for some people.
The submission count sure dropped and while it started with more and more Wallers retiring, even the count for "amateurish" Wallpapers dropped to a level where i would like to ask the remaining Community "is there even ninja merch a demand for Wallpapers at all ?".

I know that activity sure isnt as it was back here then but since times changed, i would really like to know if people even bother to search for good Wallpapers nowdays or are Wallpapers a relic of the past now.

it is a nice idea

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.