Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo's relationship with Zerochan - Minitokyo

Minitokyo's relationship with Zerochan

page 1 of 1 2 total items

I was going through a list of old accounts that I have since I was 10 and found out that I had an old account created in 2010 on this site. Couldn't really remember why I came to the site so I visited it to see what is was about. Curiously, I found that if you visit the site through https:// instead of http://, it redirects you to Zerochan.

At first, I thought that Minitokyo and Zerochan are the same site but Minitokyo has the old interface and Zerochan is the updated version but they both seem to contain different content. I actually do have a Zerochan account that I created quite recently but I couldn't use it to log into Minitokyo and vice versa. The footers of both sites do contain links to each other signifying that the sites have some association with one another and Minitokyo's FAQ references Zerochan but other than that, I couldn't find any info on their relationship.

So what's the deal? Are both of these sites owned by the same people? Seems redundant to have 2 image boards based around anime.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Both Minitokyo and Zerochan were founded by the same guy, Sheqel.
Years ago, he was working on a new layout for Minitokyo, but you can see how that went.

Zerochan is a bit more lax when it comes to what images you can upload, in that you can upload fanart there as well. Here, illustrations need to be published officially (in print or online, in a magazine/artbook/collection) to be accepted.

Despite being created by the same person, the sites are unrelated. Different purpose, different moderation team, separate databases.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.