Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 i really want to please the mods - Minitokyo

i really want to please the mods

page 1 of 1 5 total items

The mods aren't really liking my scans. when I scan them I import them into photoshop and fix them up before i upload them, I do not resize them. I don't understand why the mods don't like me or my scans. if anyone could give me tips and advice to make the mods like my scans please let me know. I also gets scans from other people in the community, which I share as well, but I'm too scared to touch or edit because I don't want the mods to yell at me. That's why some of them have lines or a raw scan look, I don't mean any harm, I just want to contribute to the community.

A tegami bachi expert and to some people a tegami bachi brain rot.

Well the Forums are deade so unlikely someone will answer you.
i would advice to contact a mod via PM and ask for a indepth explanation. i dont bother with scanning for the very reason that the tutorial is quite hard for me since its not my native language.

Good luck

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Your scans got deleted because they are LOW QUALITY. I already told you many times. I even send you a guideline but nothing changed! You still keep uploading low scans. There are sooo many pixels on them and they are very blurred! I don't understand how you can't see that.

Quote by Steffi1690Your scans got deleted because they are LOW QUALITY. I already told you many times. I even send you a guideline but nothing changed! You still keep uploading low scans. There are sooo many pixels on them and they are very blurred! I don't understand how you can't see that.

I don’t mean for that to happen. I’m vary sorry, to me they looked alright. Blame me for not seeing the issues, I clearly, just need to upload the raw scans

A tegami bachi expert and to some people a tegami bachi brain rot.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I looked through most of your deleted scans and most of them have at least 2 of these issues:

1) small resolution: 1000 x 1000 px is tiny even by 2010 standards, let alone today. If they're your scans, what resolution do you scan at? 300ppi should give you a large enough image.

2) bad post-processing: do you apply blurring/smoothing filters to get rid of the paper pattern? Careful with those because they ruin the outlines too. Better to upload a sharper image than one that's huge and watery-looking. And don't try to mask JPEG artifacts by filters — it'll look even worse.

3) lots of compression artifacts: what quality are you saving at? For filesize reasons, I save at a 10/12 quality in Photoshop. The lower quality you save, the lower quality image you get. If you see fuzziness around the outlines after saving, those are compression artifacts.

4) images already enlarged by others: will probably have either jagged (i.e. not smooth) outlines, artifacts, or be filtered to mask imperfections.

---------------------------------

I see someone has linked you to part of the guide I wrote on scan quality, but the images are tiny af so here are better ones:

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adina-Ciomaga/publication/260248276/figure/fig7/AS:614353900412937@1523484792410/a-Original-image-suffering-of-JPEG-artifacts-such-as-Gibbs-oscillations-staircase.png

Top is a case of (3) excessive JPEG artifacts from saving at a low quality / high compression, bottom is a case of (2) excessive filtering to mask said artifacts. You don't do it to this degree, but hopefully it'll help you see better what's wrong with your scans.

Here's another image showing how saving affects quality (don't take the numbers as gospel, they're simply to illustrate the progression):

http://de.mathworks.com/help/examples/deeplearning_shared/win64/JPEGImageDeblockingDeepLearningExample_01.png

FULL RESOLUTION IMAGE

To better identify compression artifacts, look around the edges where different colors meet each other (biggest offender is red). If the edges aren't clear and sharp, and have a "crunchy" or pixelated appearance, then you've compressed your image too much. Of course, artifacts are inevitable since you're saving in JPEG, but you should avoid them as much as possible.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.