Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Respond: "Does this make me look fat? - Minitokyo

Respond: "Does this make me look fat?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Has your wife, girlfriend, mother, or just a regular friend ever asked you.."Does this make me look fat..?" when they try something on? If so, how do you answer? Brutal honesty, a flattering white lie, or something else?

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

<lol> For me, I firmly believe that honesty is the best policy. XD Everyone around me knows that. Though usually I try not to be rude about it.
Then again, most people also know that I hate fashion. So usually they just ask someone else...

OnePiece Fan

OMG! it's just suitable! look!i have never seen anyone in it look so beautiful!and what's more,where are my glasses?
^_^' ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

Signature

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Quote by 32061OMG! it's just suitable! look!i have never seen anyone in it look so beautiful!ant what's more,where are my glasses?
^_^' ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

lol! Overwhelming flattery segways into a playful insult. Nicely done.

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion

Well, either way your F'd. Your lying to them or yourself...

No, honey yout look great! By the way have you seen the kids pup tent?

Signature Image

Crazyrabbit87

Crazyrabbit87

TKD Freak

lol...funny stuff...i guess i would juss shrug and say what ever u think makes u look good is good. cause personally...girls and wieght is a HUGE thing...so i tend to back away from it...touchy subject for them. like a psycologist once said...the worst thing u can say to a girl is that shes fat and ugly...and for u guy..u prob wouldnt find anything in that(i dont at least) buh girls would know what i mean...

Why settle of 'good' when you can have DIM SUM BAR!!!

OnePiece Fan

Quote by ShinjiIkari32

Quote by 32061OMG! it's just suitable! look!i have never seen anyone in it look so beautiful!ant what's more,where are my glasses?
^_^' ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

lol! Overwhelming flattery segways into a playful insult. Nicely done.

thanks.and how would you do?

Signature

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Ahhh yes i'v seen this before lol. The ez'est way is NOT to reply. Here's why

The Wrong Way To Go.
Seneario#1
Gurl "<insert name> does this make me look fat?"
Boi "No, u look prefect"
Gurl "ur just lyin i'm fat blah blah blah"

Seneario#2
Boi "Yes"
Gurl "omfg i cant believe u said that yadda yadda"

The Rite Way To Go
Boi *Change Subject* Or *Walk Away*

[Edit]
Boi *Stuff Twix in ur mouth and mumble* XD

The way i see it is both way if u reply they end up sayin there still fat so y reply at all? *read own post* sounds a bit sexist =P

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Quote by Keough The Rite Way To Go Gurl "<insert name> does this make me look fat?" Boi *Change Subject* Or *Walk Away* The way i see it is both way if u reply they end up sayin there still fat so y reply at all? *read own post* sounds a bit sexist =P

The way I see it , if you don't respond at all, or change the subject, she'll think you're hiding something, and get on your case a few minutes later anyway.

Quote by 32061thanks.and how would you do?

I've tried everything, really. I always end up on the short end of the stick.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

You're sexy whatever you wear :3

Signature

OnePiece Fan

Quote by OsirisYou're sexy whatever you wear :3

espesially when you wear no clothes. ^_^' ^_^'

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

be honest!
in a quiet whispery way...

but of coz...

"Nah~ Itsh Nicesh!!"
in a loud, and confident way.. ^.^""

synkr0nized

crimson angel

Apparently, shoving an entire Twix bar into your mouth and mumbling incoherently is a sure-fire way to appease your significant other.

I'd probably tell the truth, whichever way that ends up going. Yeah, I expect to have to apologize a lot.

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Quote by synkr0nizedApparently, shoving an entire Twix bar into your mouth and mumbling incoherently is a sure-fire way to appease your significant other.
I'd probably tell the truth, whichever way that ends up going. Yeah, I expect to have to apologize a lot.

I've been waiting for someone to mention that commercial. You're my favorite person for the day. Gold star!

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

usually when im asked that question, i change the subject (which im very good at >_>;;). if that doesnt work , i tell the truth but mix in sweetness in it, like "i dont think it really suits you well...but i do like the colors." or something of that effect :)

I think the dmore diplomatic way goes something like.....

-Does this make me look fat?
-No, but i think the other skirt/pants were better
-So this makes me look fat!
-no they dont but, (some detail/color/cut) were better on the first one you tried

I usually get away with something like that :)

State is not an ocean, not an island, not a road
If I don't know where I come from
How do I know where to go?
It's not where you're from, not where you're at
It's where your going... and I am going home
Signature

Dagnarus

Dagnarus

GANTZ!!!

hmmn Ive learned that the only way to survive a question like that is to allways say no!!!!!! If its the truth then thats great but if you haveto lie...well just be happy that you are going to live another day ^_^ lol

-Dagnarus-

In the name of God,
Impure souls of the living dead
Shall be banished into eternal damnation.
Amen~

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Quote by Dagnarushmmn Ive learned that the only way to survive a question like that is to allways say no!!!!!! If its the truth then thats great but if you haveto lie...well just be happy that you are going to live another day ^_^ lol
-Dagnarus-

Yes, living another day is always good. Just curious..."We are the Wad of Dough" = "We are the warudo"? As in, "we are the world?" or something like that..

you have to be very diplomatic yet remain truthful, its all about the way you say it, you can turn the worst insult into a compliment if you word it correctly.

Quote by Dagnarushmmn Ive learned that the only way to survive a question like that is to allways say no!!!!!! If its the truth then thats great but if you haveto lie...well just be happy that you are going to live another day ^_^ lol
-Dagnarus-

yea I realise that is sometimes the case, but at least try to improve you diplomacy skills, they might come into use one day. but hey you only die once. so you got nothing to worry about

Men, if anyone of the female persuasion asks the question, "Does this make me look fat?": lie, lie, lie, lie! She always looks hot - even if she does not. That is, if you prefer to keep all body parts intact.
Then again, IF you are sensitive enough to word things in a positive, kind way, preferably followed with advice as to what other outfit she looks better in, then you may be able to answer her honestly.
Seriously, all women should know better than to ask that question to a man, but if you get asked, bursting into a sonnet about how beautiful she is from head to toe, or about baseball, ought to distract her long enough to make your getaway.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

ahahah yea sometimes...but then again I ask my friends too ^o^ and seriously...it's more like I answered my own question @o@''

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

LOL ^_^' Poor boys... /comfort. It's funny how girls always ask guys how they look and guys ask girls how they look when the person they ask has some sort of relationship. Maybe we should walk up to strangers ask how we look to get truthful responses. :nya: j/k

Yes they do it to me all the time, Do I look fat or, how do I look in this??

You know.. they made mirrors for a reason.... If you want a opinion and a truthful one you shouldn't come to me :nya:

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.