Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How is good? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

If you have to grade a wallpaper, how will you grade it? Do you have a set of things that you think a good wall must have?

For me it would be :
1. Background (don't cover the wole bg with one pattern, lines, or shapes over and over again )
2. "normal-size" chacracter (i don't like walls that all i see is the face of a girl )
3. the scan should be clear and clean (not that blury is bad)
4. should not have really complicated in one part and blank in another part (that makes it looks like it's going to tip over)
Extra : for me I prefer soft colors over strong colors and simple over complicated.

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

Hm... I don't really grade walls because what I perceive as good or bad often depends on my mood. XD But generally, I'd look for something like this:
- scan quality. Self-explanatory, really.
- wall quality. Not too much jpeg compression and the like.
- how well the image/scan fits the wall it's placed upon. No gloomy images with bright bgs, for eg.
- how striking the scan/bg combination is. Not in a jarring, in-your-face kind of way, but rather something that makes you stop and look and think... wow. o_o And keep looking.
- atmosphere. The mood of the wall, and how long it lasts. The best artists can bring you to tears, or from them, every time.

The last is the most important, for me. Maybe it's harsh, but as a rule I only fav walls that I can't see any flaws with (otherwise every time I look at the wall I think... erk. that could've been done better) and that never fail to bring a smile or 'wow'.

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

I don't like to judge, and if I DO, I don't vocalize it. But when I look at a wall, it just needs to be easy on the eyes. Other than that though, the scan should be clean (cleaned up) and high quality. A good crop job is a must; nothing worse than a bad crop job. I prefer simple backgrounds to techy ones (thus the way most of my walls look). The bg should fit well with the main image. And again, easy on the eyes. If my eyes hurt looking at it (contrasting colors for example; blue text on black bg), then I certainly won't use it.

tiantito

tiantito

-[D]-

ok i really like thisa things....
1 a great bg most of times a nature one or a dawn .....
2 a cute scan
3 awesome effects
but sometimes siple ones are just great.....

Producto de exportacion Colombiano / Colombian exportation product
Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.