Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Draft for War - Minitokyo

The Draft for War

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Gah... I've been informed that the day I reach 18 I'll sign this stupid draft to go to war... to fight for a country I don't even like... makes me hate them even more...

Anyway to be more specific. The Draft is something all guys who turn 18 sign and train for war. To me it's kinda like signing your death warrant... and besides! I don't even like fighting!

anyway I need advice from someone. Have you been able to turn this down? I heard you get arrested for going against them >_>

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

what country are you from ? In germany you can say you don't want to fight , but then you have to wash old people and stuff :( , or get a really frigthening illness and they won't take ya too ...

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

hmmm...maybe you shoulda came to canada 5 years ago that way you didn't have to go =D that's what my cousin did, since he's suppose to do that in taiwan but he came here like..yeah..years ago got a citizenship, and dosn't have to go.

my teacher said it was horrible....okay maybe I should say anything negative..demodemodemo..at least..you get to play with real guns?! errr that's not good either etoo..

WAITTTT THAT means YOUR leavng t___t arthrunkyun ish leavvvving?

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

I live in the USA. And I'm not leaving either. (I'm 16 :P) I will when I turn 18.... which is not too far from now... ;-;

My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

If there was a draft, I'd go to either Peru, or Canada. yup yup.

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

omigosh !!! you're gonna join the army or something like that ???? :o noooooooooooooo..... !!! *faints*
in my country, it's called national service, but not everybody is selected to go.. quite a number of "lucky" people will be selected to go for training. but so far, they don't go for war. it's more of a character building stuff, and girls are included too. they just do stuff like normal training and stuffs... no real guns...

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

Quote by chibi-lizard
in my country, it's called national service.

the French have the same thing, luckly I am Living in Australia so they told me not to worry about it :). no national service for me.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

haha
kinda like my country's national service
tho as they say its just a training, everyone hates it =P
anyway
for your case, its really an army training?
dang dat just sux even more...
and da same with my country's national service, you'll be brought to court if you did not attend when you told to.
really strict and there's no way out of it.
really sux.
good thing I wasnt chosed,,, *fewh*
anyway... (wat te hell am I rambling?!!)
just go to another country or sumthing...
not like there's another choice...
man I feel very sorry for ya... T_T

I'm glad that I'm old enough to not be eligible for Selective Service anymore (at least under the current setup).

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Quote by AthrunI live in the USA. And I'm not leaving either. (I'm 16 :P) I will when I turn 18.... which is not too far from now... ;-;

Uh... Selective Service isn't a draft... it's more a way to keep track of people that can be drafted. There is no draft yet... They suspended that a while back... and even if they reinstated the draft, you should be able to deffer your service if you are in college... unless they change the rules...

Sooo... plan on going to college. ^^

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by Majinai

Quote by AthrunI live in the USA. And I'm not leaving either. (I'm 16
:p) I will when I turn 18.... which is not too far from now...
;-;

Uh... Selective Service isn't a draft... it's more a way to keep track
of people that can be drafted. There is no draft yet... They suspended
that a while back... and even if they reinstated the draft, you should
be able to deffer your service if you are in college... unless they
change the rules...
Sooo... plan on going to college. ^^

Thats what I ws going to say. So Athrun, get your facts straight b4 you bash the US. If you hate us then just leave. Go live in iraq, I hear its nice there. XD XD

Signature

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

I personally don't see anything wrong with mandatory civil service. Most European countries have some sort of mandatory miliitary service for all citizens (actually a friend of mine moved out of his country, one of the reasons being that). I mean, we're given a lot by our nation and I think it's kinda shitty that we don't really give anything back except for destructive criticism and a lack of will to change (*ahem* voting *ahem*). Now, yes, I don't agree with everything that this country does, but hey, that's why we can vote. We have the power to change the leadership. All that's needed is for people to get going and do something. As long I trust the leadership, I'd go to war to defend it.

I find a an all-volunteer military (as is the case with the current US military) to be the preferable option. As stated above, Selective Servive is not a draft or mandatory service but the framework for if and when a draft is reintroduced. However, I will state that I do not believe in a draft. If a war is worth fighting and there is public support for it, people will volunteer. A conscripted soldier is of much less worth than a motivated career soldier; a draft promotes swelling the ranks with under-trained troops whose only goal is getting out as soon as possible - especially if the war being fought has little public support behind it.

If people feel a war is worth fighting, such as defending the nation's borders against incroachment, they will volunteer to help. However, fighting a foreign war with questionable reasons and questionable results doesn't exactly lend itself to people lining up to join the military, and this should tell leaders something.

I find mandatory service to be a form of involuntary servitude. The very idea should be abhorrent to anyone who values personal liberty.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

LOL actually Athrun i know what u mean. (USA & 16) But it ALL depends on our president from what i hear if Kerry Win bam u and i will be drafted but o bush win then were fine just we mite go into war.

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

Well, please do note that I don't support mandatory military service, just some sort of civil service (could include military, but not necessarily).

And yes, I agree that a volunteer army is better than one full of draftees. I mean, I sure wouldn't want to be forced to fight a war I was opposed to, nor would I want to fight a war alongside a reluctant, unwilling draftee.

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

you dont have to go fight. there is no draft right now, you just have to agree to go if there ever is one. if you would rather be in jail than be drafted you can do that too. also they pick by who can afford it. if you're a single guy who lives with his parents has no girlfriend/wife and not in college, you're theyre #1. if you live on your own and are at school and are in a relationship, dont bet on going. theres only a 1 year or so window for you to go otherwise theyll just pick the young 18 year olds

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by Takeyayou dont have to go fight. there is no draft right now, you just have
to agree to go if there ever is one. if you would rather be in jail
than be drafted you can do that too. also they pick by who can afford
it. if you're a single guy who lives with his parents has no
girlfriend/wife and not in college, you're theyre #1. if you live on
your own and are at school and are in a relationship, dont bet on
going. theres only a 1 year or so window for you to go otherwise theyll
just pick the young 18 year olds

o_o;;

Really? Wow! My teacher told me I'd have to join train the instant I finish the draft >_>

She also said they was no avoiding so that got me nervous. ;>_>

i know I prolly sound like some coward but I just wanna go to Japan so badly and live long enough to create a company there. If war were to happen I know I'd die. T_T

My Ebay!

Takeya

Takeya

Quote by Athrun

Quote by Takeyayou dont have to go fight. there is no draft right now, you just have
to agree to go if there ever is one. if you would rather be in jail
than be drafted you can do that too. also they pick by who can afford
it. if you're a single guy who lives with his parents has no
girlfriend/wife and not in college, you're theyre #1. if you live on
your own and are at school and are in a relationship, dont bet on
going. theres only a 1 year or so window for you to go otherwise theyll
just pick the young 18 year olds

o_o;;

Really? Wow! My teacher told me I'd have to join train the instant I finish the draft &gt;_&gt;

She also said they was no avoiding so that got me nervous. ;&gt;_&gt;

i know I prolly sound like some coward but I just wanna go to Japan so badly and live long enough to create a company there. If war were to happen I know I'd die. T_T

nope congress has to pass a draft to go to war before we have one anyways. dont worry youll hear well in advance if there ever is one.

you can check
http://people.howstuffworks.com/us-draft.htm
http://www.sss.gov/

for more info. the top one is very informative.

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

Last time they had the draft, didn't they have it as all able-bodied men from 18 - 25 and not just 18 - 19?

Oh, and if you can get 'conscientious objector' status, you don't have to serve in an active front line position.

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Quote by kastelic4444
Thats what I ws going to say. So Athrun, get your facts straight b4 you bash the US. If you hate us then just leave. Go live in iraq, I hear its nice there. XD XD

You tell him Kastelic. There is no draft right now, wth? The only way the draft would come out is if there are hardly any people to fight in the war, which i reassure you, is like 9/100th chance because there are so many volunteers after 9/11 that have signed off to go to Iraq. So before you start dissing the u.s.a, you really need to do some research. They dont just drag you off and carry you away, dont make it bigger then it is. If you hate U.S. so much you should just pack your bags and go, I would suggest trying Afghanistan where some people starve or get trained to be terrorists against their own will, then see how bad it is.

EDIT : ok yea just read your latest post athrun, your teacher should no better then to scare you like that. Really, the teacher is nuts O.o; if the draft were ever going to come back, you would know. immediately. so dont worry, and as far as living in japan goes, good luck with that.

Signature

Bloodlust

Bloodlust

Theres countrys forcing to go into army... how stupid, I'm quite happy to be from Canada I guess. LOL. Cant really help you, but it must feel awful.

Signature

Takeya

Takeya

Quote by AbsentmindedericLast time they had the draft, didn't they have it as all able-bodied men from 18 - 25 and not just 18 - 19?

Oh, and if you can get 'conscientious objector' status, you don't have to serve in an active front line position.

well i think they pick the youngest first, you know the fresh out of high school guys that arent planning on college ... its probably better for them (some at least) in the military. and we wouldn't need very many men if there were a draft.

with the next draft they want to make it co-ed so women would have to watch out too. and they arent supposed to receive ANY exception because of sex, so they wouldnt even go for men first women second, its "equal opportunity"... personally I think that men are supposed to defend and fight, women are more fragile, we need to protect them.

Signature

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

That and I do believe that those in college do not receive any exemption either. But, accordinng to the candidates, neither wishes to re-instate the draft.

Oh, and careful there Takeya, I know a couple of females who would tear you apart for saying something like that.

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

..The Lord of the Rings..

Quote by Takeya personally I think that men are supposed to defend and
fight, women are more fragile, we need to protect them.

I agree with Takeya on this one....and i mean that in the best way possible. Now i am not saying that all women are inferior, that s the exact opposite of what i am saying....men and women are different. Difference does not imply negativity. I think if women want to support their country that s wonderful but it should have its limits....i do not think it is right to send women off to the front lines. I'm kinda getting tired of all the politically correct crap that goes on regarding gender.

Classic Scene from Azumanga Daioh regarding test scores:

Yomi: Wow Chiyo Chan 100%!!! You're too good I only got 92%
Chiyo: I did really well this time
Osaka: 42%!!!
Kagura: 30%!!!
Tomo: 31%!!!
Osaka, Kagura, Tomo: TOGETHER WE ADD UP TO 103%! BONKLERS WIN!!!!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.