Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 dating or courting? - Minitokyo

dating or courting?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Personally, I'd rather the latter. I wouldn't waste my time dating some guy for the hell of it or because I was bored. Only if I thought I'd like to spend the rest of my life with them.

So. :) I was just wondering if many other people thought the same?

I'd say you start of dating and it leads to courting, but yea. I think in the begining its all about having fun and getting to know each other, then it leads on to courting once you start getting more serious and such.

ImpactBLUE

Dreamer in Blue

Quote by bucket-shotdating is just a fun time

i think you could start with courting and it leads to dating, they both lead to a common goal. Some people date because they are bored, some people could court if they are bored.
Personally i much rather say 'courting' than 'going out'

I think that was a good distraction. Now to focus on exams T.T

"From now on, write about what you want to do, not what you did"
"But that's...not a diary"
"No, it's a diary, I'll make everything you write about come true"
Yukito Kunisaki & Misuzu Kamio
Signature

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

me dating right now
so i choose
courting..
yeah..i will
i'm not to young anymore so i should do it
soon or later
*still long to get there..............................................*
:D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

I'd date so I can know what it is that I like in a mate, and then step it up to courting once I find that special one.

dating, to young to even be thinking about when im going to start courting my lifepartner, jeje

dating right now is much better for me, ive had pretty good dates some way better than others, jeje

Signature

Trever

Trever

Bishonen Hunter

well, id say dating too, but before that i need a cute guys, but i dont know any cute guuys around my age which live in Quebec so im still single( you see the guys at my school cant be given a commentary if it can tell you how horrible they are) the good one are dating, that sucx. But i know that surely when ill find the one, he'll be mine !! Wont let him go ehhe.like most people says, im too young to say '' you and i forever'' to someone. It would be too fast and ive never had a boyfriend before, so id like to take my time.

I'd like to break your heart and give you mine
It's taking me over
It's so insane I've gotta be
crazy indeed

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

I think courting is the way to go. I really don't like the idea of "dating". It seems to lose a personal touch and seems as if all you would like to do is "boyfriend & girlfreind things", without actually being involved with one another. Which goes against my own etiquette and just seems a little ... how do you say ... slutty? Courting allows you to connect much better and usually last much longer than a random dating fling. Than again most people are too scared to get into a serious relationship, so courting is really more for those who are looking for a deeper more meaningful relationship.

Signature Image

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

This kinda goes both way but i would choose Dating to Courting. Cuz u cant really FALL in luv with sum1 that instantly you may think he/she is ALL so perfect but really it's not. Everyone may say "i love u" yadda yadda but really DO u mean it or is it cuz its the rite thin to say? so i say Dating to Courting cuz the more u date the person u more to get to kno them and find their flaws. =P

Quote by TantagaI think courting is the way to go. I really don't like the idea of
"dating". It seems to lose a personal touch and seems as if all you
would like to do is "boyfriend & girlfreind things", without
actually being involved with one another. Which goes against my own
etiquette and just seems a little ... how do you say ... slutty?
Courting allows you to connect much better and usually last much longer
than a random dating fling. Than again most people are too scared to
get into a serious relationship, so courting is really more for those
who are looking for a deeper more meaningful relationship.

I concur

- R. K. Kishore

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

hmm courting been doing that..pretty often..it's pratically a lifetime goal
dating is okay...but I haven't been on actual comfired dates...I have been hanging around with lotsa of guys at nites. . . . . . . . . ................................. all of a sudden I sound some crazy player but noooo that's not the idea XD just some...basketball/macdonalds XP umm...yeahh..that's strange..how come I never been with a group of girls at nite..o.0''
anyhow both is okay..mix them together wouldn't be sho bad would it?

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Ahh, Tantaga put it so much better. XD I need to learn eloquence, that's for sure. It's all about the intention-- whether or not you're looking to marry said person after a while. It's true that you wouldn't know right away if it would be the case, but *shrugs* if you're wanting it to be a possibility, I suppose. :)

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

I'd like to date a couple different guys to discover what I really like in a person, what sort of man I wouldn't mind being with for the rest of my life...then I'd start to get serious.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

In my little world, dating is synonymous with courting. I only ever ask a girl out (and get rejected), because I would like to see if a relationship with them would lead to marriage. I just don't see the point of dating someone just for fun, it doesn't lead to an end goal or lead to anywhere really. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

lol still too young to look for some1 for life wot =) and also not dedicated enough yet
^^

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

dating is more of courting, and is mainly thought of that the man asks the woman out to "woo" her and then eventually pass on his seed and completing one of his life objectives.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Quote by Distortiondating is more of courting, and is mainly thought of that the man asks
the woman out to "woo" her and then eventually pass on his seed and
completing one of his life objectives.

You make it sound like we're animals are smething...."passing on his seed".... :nya: :nya:

i think courting is when u really know your partner well and trust them enough to court them - dating is only the first step and its having fun - courting is still fun but way more serious and intimate, so i think youd have to be dating a while before you court. do i make sense? probably not but who cares.

I think nowadays dating is more a grab at physical intimacy, which may or may not entail the possibility of growth into a relationship. Courting emphasizes friendship and romance that is intended to lead towards marriage, but alas, is rare. I'm partial to courting, as I tried dating just for fun, and after a while it quit being fun. Must be the inner romantic getting the best of me, but I'd rather develop something with a bit more substance. Making friends first is definitely a good plan, in either case. <cringe> A flood of bad memories attack Llamrei- Back! Back you vile beasts!
Note: It's probably a good plan that you make it clear that courting is your thing, as many aren't ready or open to serious relationships - at least when you're young.

It is all about courting, dating is a little useless if you are not looking in the long run, I think that one should be freinds with freinds, that gives you the room to court the one you want anytime, but that is jsut me.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.