Anyone on Anti-depressants?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Cancel

Some people may consider this a personal question, but it's really nothing to be ashamed of..Anyone here in MT on anti-depressants? If so, and you don't mind telling, what brand?
I was on zoloft for a while.

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

first what is anti-depressants?
are it like drug to help sleep?
sorry because i don't know
and i want to know.. :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Cancel

Quote by jackalx66first what is anti-depressants?are it like drug to help sleep?
sorry because i don't knowand i want to know.. :)

They're doctor prescribed drugs to help with depression.

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

ohh..
i feel depressed right now..
*that damn boss...treat me like slave...*
*look at enormous work in front of me*
but i don't take medicine..
*find some boss replicant to puch on or yell as loud as i can on a cliff*
i interest anyway, can u suggest some...??
does it have an effect like can't sleep,overhappy or something???

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Cancel

They have different affects on different people. Because of that, I can't recommend any specific brand to you. Most people have to first see a therapist, and that therapist will write you a prescription.

Cancel

Quote by jackalx66ohh..i feel depressed right now..*that damn boss...treat me like slave...*
*look at enormous work in front of me*but i don't take medicine..
*find some boss replicant to puch on or yell as loud as i can on a cliff*
i interest anyway, can u suggest some...??
does it have an effect like can't sleep,overhappy or something???

Don't make fun of this. Depressed people are in danger to commit suicide. Having a lot of work to do does not automatically lead to depression. Depression is something very serious and anti-depressants help someone to make the psychic pain smaller.

Cancel

harakiri: I don't jack means any harm. :) He didn't know what anti-d's were anyways. And though you're right of course-- mass work/pressure doesn't automatically lead to depression-- it so often can.

Myself... I'm too proud and cynical to be depressed in any traditional sense, if that makes any. >_> Angry as all hell at myself for being blue, sure. But not depressed. And wouldn't take anything if I was. :sweat: Like you said, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but it'd make me feel worse as a matter of personal pride.

And sorry about this, Shin. :) But admittedly, I smiled when I saw 'Shinji Ikari' had started a thread on this topic.

komornik26

Elite Section 9 Member

Cancel

Hmm hard to say - but in my chocolate is my savior in difficult situations it really helps to unstress... some people prefer alcohol, but I wouldn't recommend it - you easily get addicted to it...

• Oct 29, 2004

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Cancel

I used to be on it a long time ago. I had some sexual side effect, so I don't take it no more (it's been 4 years about). It also mess me up real bad before when I took it before I went to sleep but my friends came by and we went out drinking and smoking ( trees). Man! I got red spot every time I drink now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

• Oct 29, 2004

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Cancel

Quote by bucket-shot
And sorry about this, Shin. :) But admittedly, I smiled when I saw 'Shinji Ikari' had started a thread on this topic.

.......Haha! Hey, that is funny. I never thought about that. Shinji Ikari's just always been my web alias.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

I am.....Lets just say that it helped during school cause I had a job, was in a band, and then school just became all too much and I ended up losing like 4 days worth of sleep over the time before I finally decided "yeah...." Plus add in other things and boom. I mean I'm not dependant on them, I stopped taking them for awhile since I don't really need them anymore, but they sure as hell helped me out.

Signature Image

• Oct 29, 2004
Cancel

I take anti-depressants. It's a good stuff but it takes some time to aply. It's called Terry Prattchet. Few pages you feel great again! I highly recomand!!

• Oct 29, 2004

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

Quote by harakiriDon't make fun of this. Depressed people are in danger to commit suicide. Having a lot of work to do does not automatically lead to depression. Depression is something very serious and anti-depressants help someone to make the psychic pain smaller.

well that i don't make fun
i really depressed right now...
and yeah i almost done that suicide thingy
i just add mine ways to release depresion...
hope u mind that

Cancel

I really don't think anti-depressant (medication) is anygood, cus it forces your body to react unnaturallly which can be really bad in the long run; not to mention the emediate side-affect right after you've taken it. Also in the mean time while you are taken it the reason for your depression still exist and it'l stay that way untill you face it.

• Oct 29, 2004

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Maybe true, but I needed it. I'll let you know for a fact that I'd be DEAD right now if it wasn't for anti-depressants. They are to prevent a chemical inbalance actually. Plus thats why you should go to a psychitrist and/or a doctor before you take them, so they can get a good idea of whats wrong with you and prescribe something that can be right...also if you have reactions like that you should be switched to something else. I'm perfectly fine after taking them for roughly two-three years now. Sure maybe in the long run its bad, but you now I'm still alive now because I was actually able to STOP being depressed long enough to get my head on straight.

Signature Image

• Oct 29, 2004

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Cancel

Depression? I get that mostly when people ignore me. I really don't like being ignored... it's more insulting than an insult... then again. I've never found insults to be insulting. I usually ignore them unless they were directed at my friends.

Anyway whenever I get depressed I can easily cure it by playing a video game and then making me laugh. Laughter is the best cure for anything I guess. Such as sadness, lonliness or anger.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

Cancel

I was on lexpro after I attempted my suidcide but after like a month I refused to take the medicine becaus e I don't want to have to rely on a pill to get better. i think it's ridiculous. Well its been a year since my attpemted suicide and I'm still here... alive ^_^' . I still feel depressed alot of the time though but I deal with it in my own ways whether thyre bad or not doesnt matter but at least I'm still alive... i guess. :D

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

Ikaioun

The Nuclear Play's Reactor

Cancel

A year and a half ago I got in major trouble and I had to reluctantly take the pills. I never agreed with them; even more so since I support just being yourself and not forcing yourself to change. Those pills change people and have horrible side effects. I am certain they have virtually destroyed my entire short term memory. I was not depressed at the time, nor was I suicidal but people feared that if I did not take them I would end up hurting other people or something relevant to that. [There was also a bit about having several various so-called personality disorders] About a half a year after being drugged I just pretended to take them but secretly just threw a pill away every day and now I feel a great deal better than I did when taking them, although my memory is still slowly recovering. I admit I do not smile nor laugh much but I much prefer being able to coherently think as opposed to having a substance attempting to change my entire persona.

In addition, I do not believe there are personality and mental disorders. They are merely the perspective of the preponderance. [Their perspective = hurting others or yourself = bad = you must have some kind of brain problem].

Signature

Cancel

Quote by CyanideBlizzardMaybe true, but I needed it. I'll let you know for a fact that I'd be
DEAD right now if it wasn't for anti-depressants. They are to prevent a
chemical inbalance actually. Plus thats why you should go to a
psychitrist and/or a doctor before you take them, so they can get a
good idea of whats wrong with you and prescribe something that can be
right...also if you have reactions like that you should be switched to
something else. I'm perfectly fine after taking them for roughly
two-three years now. Sure maybe in the long run its bad, but you now
I'm still alive now because I was actually able to STOP being depressed
long enough to get my head on straight.

well.. psychologist's view on depression varies....some recommend medication..some recommend councilling.... THe whole idea is treatment to fix the depression problem. It's understandable if a person takes medication or go for counciling for a few months , but if it's to go on for several years usually means something is seriously wrong. The problem is still haven't been fix. As for chemical balancing the use of drugs is neccessary in extreme cases, but usage should slowly decrease overtime. Your psychiatrist should have recommend certain kind of food for you to eat to restore chemical balance in your body, so that you would not be dependent on depressant drugs anymore.

Seeing as how you've been using it for 2-3years, I really think you should consider different doctor or psychiatrist. Try to eat a balance diet and excercise regularly. It's the basic to help curing depressions.

• Oct 29, 2004

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Didn't work for me. Depression was cause of a constant circulation of events that never seemed to end..I've tried lots of things, believe me anti-depressants was a last resort. But that worked nicely. Counciling didn't work all to well either. I greatly repsect you idea though, considering its the truth. =P. Anyways a decent diet and exercise huh? Well that is true, being healthy means your happy...so yes...Great point ^^.

Signature Image

• Oct 29, 2004

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

Cancel

anti-depressants..hmm...nope never did those before....even though 5/8 of my life is depressed never took those...>o<'' I'm scared of the aftereffects..I think..
depression..like athrunkyun says =D laughing is the best medicine =9
um. um. um. yeah...what I don't like about being depressed is how annoying people could be sometimes..v.v'' or maybe I'm just being too much of a closed person~~naaaah

MWAHAHAHAHAHA me and my long rants!

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

• Oct 29, 2004

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Cancel

I was on it when i was like in third grade, then again in sixth grade. Im currnetly not on anything because i seemed to have coped with my depression... yay ^-^

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

Cancel

Quote by Vivid-ReinI was on it when i was like in third grade, then again in sixth grade. Im currnetly not on anything because i seemed to have coped with my depression... yay ^-^

stare....
stareeeee.........

I never knew what anti-depressants were until grade 8 oro~

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

• Oct 29, 2004

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Cancel

A lot of you people don't really seem to understand exactly what serious depression is. While everyone feels depressed every once and a while, there are people like me, who have the afore mentioned chemical imbalance due to it being hereditary in my mother's side of my family. I'm depressed for NO reason. My life is great, but I'm severely unhappy. I was born with it, and it can't be helped. Therapy didn't work, because there was nothing to talk about. It just happens. Anti-depressants were the only thing that could correct the imbalance and help me live my life normally. For those of you who have never taken anti-depressants and claim that they're evil..Well.. I'd like to quote an unknown source that can easily apply to this situation by changing the words a bit:
"Those who say money is the root of all evil have obviously never been poor."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.