Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 graphic tablet ^^" - Minitokyo

graphic tablet ^^"

page 1 of 1 17 total items

chrno

chrno

sometimes it hurts..

I know that some of you are having a graphic tablet
I wanted to get one too, butI don't know which one and
if I will use it so often ^^" What are advantages and disadvantages?
How much money does I have to investigate for a good one?

I'm dreaming of a Wacom Intuos 2 but I think it's to expensive... :(

[ it's getting worse and worse and worse.... ]

Moderator of [ Celestia ] and [ German-Members ] | Member of [ Ilvalthia ] and [ Hispanime ]

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

Another tablet aspirant here! I would find it extremely useful for the fine editing and brush applications that wind up looking corny and jerky with a mouse. Even a high performace gaming mouse like mine! I was looking at a 10" for $140

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

... I have one but dont use it ..... i have shaky hands and they drawings end up edgy nee ways lol ... but fun to use LOL.

defrax-

defrax-

SARS survivor

There have been several other similar threads like this...

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/732/

or type tablet in the little search bar.

Tablets take a bit of getting used to...but for inking and fine details its irreplaceable. Most large stores (at least, where I live) let you try out the tablet before you purchase it...thats the best way in my opinion to figure out if it'll work for you XD

good luck

psychclown

mine

i was think of getting one ,do you that have one get use and control out of them? if so what are the better ones out there for about $400us?

Signature

Droknar

the Socially Inept

I bought a wacom Intuos2 Platinum 6X8. It really doesn't matter what size you get, it just matters what size you want to work on. The tablet resizes to fit your screen resolution, so the upper-left corner of the tablet is always the upper left corner of the screen, etc.

6X8 is plenty of workspace for me. I haven't had any troubles with it. The retail price eludes me at the moment, but that's just a Google search away.

"Can you translate that to English please? I'm not fluent in Dumbass." -Mafus

I bought a Wacom Intuos 2 Platnium 9x12
Coloring is its advantage, Other than that, Since I can't draw to well yet, I don't see another advantage. But I'm sure others do.

I don't use it alot, But its nice knowing you have it just incase you do want to use it. :)

nariko

nariko

RAWR!

I went to some large stores and they dont even have tablet lol XD maybe i'll order it online or something

Signature

Droknar

the Socially Inept

You can get academic versions of the wacom Intuos2 Platinum 6X8 on eBay for cheap. I buy all computer parts and peripherals online now. No sales tax, no frills, lower than average profit margin = low price = happy me.

"Can you translate that to English please? I'm not fluent in Dumbass." -Mafus

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

sigh, I don't have a pentablet too =/ I really dream of having one though as I love drawing & CG-ing so much ^____^" I also don't know much bout tablets =/ I wish i knew more, I'm just a noob t.t... I prolly get one if I'm a good girl & if i get good results in exams >_> gah.. I just heard pentablet needs time for us to get used to it =/ My hands aren't as steady, plus I'm already bad at using mouse for cg-ing XD.. hehe..

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

Geki

XIDesigner

I have The Wacom Graphire 3 Studio Xl or sth like that, can't remember correctly. ^^
i wouldn't want to miss it. CG'ing is al lot more Fun now.

icom158

At a Tablet PC demo, they used the stylus on the screen and it accounted for the angle you write at. Do graphic tablets take account of the angle you write at? This is imporant, because it allows you to work the brush.

ebay is a bargiain treasure trove.
and everything takes getting used to.
like photoshop.

Wacom is the way to go. The more exspensive ones are well worth the money cause you get more pressure sesitive levels. The graphires give 512 levels, the intuos has 1024. If your just starting out i recommend trying the graphire 3 first, dont underestimate them.

Just dont buy them at CompUSA or wherever, most local computer stores severly overprice them. order them online you can save close to 100 usd on any of there tablets.

I know www.mwave.com and www.newegg.com seel them for about 50 usd cheaper then there suggested retail price.

Quote by icom158At a Tablet PC demo, they used the stylus on the screen and it
accounted for the angle you write at. Do graphic tablets take account
of the angle you write at? This is imporant, because it allows you to
work the brush.

I'm not aware that Tablet PC's are capable of this? Are you sure? Unless they changed something new, the Wacom's only detect pressure, not angle. They detect flow with the airbrush. I know you can link pressure -> angle in Photoshop.

Wacom's are pretty much the only tablet to go with, from what I've heard... Aiptek makes usable tablets, but they're better suited to CAD than grpahic design. Hard to get an 8X10 intuous for <$250... original's or 2's will be cheaper than the new 3, but you have to decide if the extra features on the newer models are worth it to you. Some of the new features are pretty nice.

If you don't have enuff money, get a graphire ^^ That's what I did. I don't use a tablet that much, so I picked up a graphire 2 for $40 on ebay.

anxius

anxius

no one's home

Oh...tablets are a must have for serious designers. I bought my wacom intuos2 platinum 6X8 at for about $300 because I was tired of waiting around. Specs are better than the graphire line because it has about 1000 levels of pressure and about 60 +/- degrees of tilt. Size actually does matter because this depends on how you use it: put it on lap, or table, and the method of drawing you were taught, long or short stroke.

Also you might want to check out the intuos3 line that just came out; I don't see much of a difference in specs but they may have added something new. Have fun ^^.

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

im planning to buy graphire tablet from wacom. im a low life employer so i may just get the cheapest tablet ( $100 i think )

:d

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.