Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shows that give anime a bad reputation? - Minitokyo

Shows that give anime a bad reputation?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

Hey guys, in your opinion what are some anime that are really badly animated? I've heard a lot of people say that programs like Pokemon and Digimon give anime a bad name, but I think they are fine if their target audience are little kids.^^;

For me, I felt Ninja Resurrection had a pretty weak plot which didn't really make much sense. How about you guys?

Pokemon and Digimon are fine. :) Their quality isn't actually so bad. Most who are vocal about not liking it don't have not got enough sense to realise that it wasn't made for them.

Um. One that really, really irritates me is that Duel Masters anime. >_< Total rip off Yu-Gi-Oh! and totally terrible in almost every respect: animation quality, plot, script, monster design, guh. You name it, it's done badly.

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Well in pure crappyness in every field "M.D.Geist" *shudders* is the king...

well I like pokemon and digimon ...... but i really cant stand crush gear, bayblade ...... serzly why do toy cars and spinning tops fight ...... and how come they have minds of there own...

Oh, yeah. o_o The animation in Crush Gear was, erm... not very good. Still, I suppose, at least it was original. >_> Kinda.

I suppose I don't like the huge merchandising and generalisations that go with series like Dbz (though the series itself is not bad. XD i kinda feel sorry for akira toriyama, since he wanted to stop after the initial saiyan saga [erm. i might be getting these wrong >_>] and then after the cell saga and then what have you, but the fans kept crying for more ^_^').
On the other hand, I love Prince of Tennis, and there's merchandising for you if one ever say it. XD

Lol, MD Giest rocked! I remember watching that like 7 or 8 years ago(damn its been a LONG time, I feel old lol). A show that I think gives anime a bad name is Yu-Gi-Oh, hate that goddamn show so much :P

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I don't really think it's the anime I think is bad. I think what Cartoon Network does to anime series is bad. Does anyone realize just how much they cut out of Cowboy Bebop? No wonder it doesn't make sense, they hacked the series to hell.

Cold Case doesn't appeal to me, and Lupin is annoying. But I do like Witch Hunter Robin. I never watched it before, but I think it's nice. I do wonder how much CN cut out, and if I should get the original and watch that instead.

I don't think that it exist an anime that gives a bad reputation rather there are many target audience, for example i don't like series with pocket mosters or thinks like that, many of them are for kids although that gives anime infant reputation but i don't care.

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Sailor Moon,Pokemoon and DIGIMON!
man! they so make me sick to death >(

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Quote by ShadowdudeSailor Moon,Pokemoon and DIGIMON!man! they so make me sick to death &gt;(

Hell yeah i agree!! Turns into a Battousai by just looking at the pokemon lol and kills them!*

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Dragon Ball Z Must people complain that anime is violent...and that show just plain is. No storyline...well yeah there is one but it's always the same, big enemy, they get beaten up, one or two of them dies, get the dragon balls, beat the guy up....really boring and just plain stupid if you ask me.

Signature Image

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I actually used to like Digimon at one point (mind you it was more of a 'it's saturday morning I am up for no real reason and there is something to watch'). But I really hate Pokemon so I think that would be the one that gives people a bad impression of anime.

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Quote by ElectrastarDragon Ball Z Must people complain that anime is violent...and that show just plain is. No storyline...well yeah there is one but it's always the same, big enemy, they get beaten up, one or two of them dies, get the dragon balls, beat the guy up....really boring and just plain stupid if you ask me.

I have to agree about DBZ, it really went down after the cell saga. As far as SM goes, I use to like it, atleast it had a plot. But it Spawned some other shoujo animes just like it. I'd hate to say it but animes like Tenchi Muyo, Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, mostly the harem anime genre, you know the kind with the pantie shots, and the 12 girls who have a crush on one nerdy guy kinda project the image to alot of people that that's all that anime is about. Atleast my bf thought that way, some people only see ecchi, and not the others out there. This doesn't mean I hate Love Hina though :D infact I like Shinobu and the others, but i see this happening alot. No plot. Just cute girls. And perverted stuff. But yea thats what ecchi is about :D where am i going with this? I have no idea. I'm just rambling. blah.

Signature

I got into anime by pokemon and digimon so they are good in my book. Ninja resurection was real bad as well, wow, that was bad. Most anime that is adult rated gives it a bad name too, I was in a store a while ago and some people were looking at anime and were talking in hushed voices, becasue they thought that the two main female characters had 'relations' I almost went over and told them what it was about, but they left too soon. So yeah, most stuff that gives anime steryotypes meaning, is bad.

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

I haven't found any series yet that gives a bad reputation to anime.
Anime comes in different varities, which is perfect because it is something that everyone can have atleast accept (unless you only like real things that aren't drawn)

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.