Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 favorite Game OST - Minitokyo

favorite Game OST

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

well i see this favorite anime ost thread but i dont see a favorite game ost so i decided to open one. so anyways, wats ur peeps' favorite game ost?

for me it would have to be the OSTs from FFX, Star Ocean till the end of time and Tales of Symphonia.

Fulgore

Fulgore

...insert title [here]...

I really enjoyed the Xenosaga OST. It really fit with the game and it's great to just listen to.

Signature

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts.... and FFX! Yes! I love the piano/instrumental stuff. :D

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I like instrumental soundtracks a lot. Final Fantasy had some great instrumentals, but I felt Nobuo Uematsu's work began lacking toward the more recent games in the series. I guess Final Fantasy is over as we know it, as they've started with MMORPGs. :(

Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 have nice soundtracks. I like what I've heard of Star Ocean III also.

ya seems like all the recent japanese relased RPG games has great instrumental OSTs. MY favorite song form FFX Soundtracks would have to be Sutaki Da Ne. Its not instrumental but its still a great song.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I'm surprised Aruze experimented so much with Shadow Hearts: Covenant and the soundtrack. To be honest, they haven't had the best track history with their games. Koudelka, Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant have been overshadowed by other games, despite the potential and what they can do with such a low budget for their games.

I rarely buy video game soundtracks, but I did put money down for SH and sh:c. There are some really pretty instrumentals in the FFX series. Memory of Lightwaves is probably tops for me there.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Agh! So many!!! -wiggles to remember them all-

Favorites:
Chaos Legion
Super Mario Sunshine OSV
Zone of the Enders
Anubis: Zone of the Enders
Phantom Brave
Metriod Prime
Valkyre Profile
Any Rock Man OST
Katamari Damashii
Baten Kaitos~Neverending Wings and the Lost Sea
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Re-Arranged
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Hated:
Disgaea Arranged and Original (Disc two was awesome, but disc one sucked massive ass)

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

lol dang it, i can't believe i forgot to put the zone of the enders series up there, they had some great music. o ya metal gear solid series also had some pretty good music. my favorite song from metal gear solid is "The Best Is Yet To Come" great song.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Someone else remembers Valkyrie Profile! I'm elated now, so many people I talk to who game just say "what?" when I ask them if they've played it.

layZ2BPnoy

layZ2BPnoy

Fate (quoted from My Sassy Girl)

The Xenogears OST is one of my faves. Guilty Gear was also great. guilty gear to me is heavily influenced by rock. alot of the names and stuff are related to rock bands or songs. My best, however will have to be the Final Fantasy OST's.

"You know what fate is?
Building a bridge of chance
for someone you love."

FluffyNeko

FluffyNeko

Inebriated Cat

KOEI Games Music Works Yoko Kanno Collection. Some really nice instrumental stuff from Yoko Kanno. Works well as study music.

FluffyNeko

FluffyNeko

Inebriated Cat

Gack, sorry about double post. Stupid internet is being evil right now. So in order to make this post productive, I'll respond to below :P

Don't know what games she did. But she's done a lot of anime music. Cowboy Bebop is probably her most famous series. But some other nice ones include Escaflowne and Wolf's Rain. For more info: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0437819/

edit: any idea why I can't delete my own post? Gives me an access error when I try.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Yoko Kanno did some Cowboy Bebop soundtracks, right? I really like those. What video games have s/he worked on? Agggggh I can't tell gender...androgynous japanese names. :sweat:

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

Well I have two fav game osts. Halo and Metal Gear Solid 2. Best OSTs ever, in my opinion.

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Clearly my favorite OST's are...

Chaos Legion
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner
Valkyre Profile
All Rock Man X OST's (not the american ones 8P)
Disgeae OST Disc 2
All Guilty Gear OST's
Suikoden 1 & 2
Castlevania: SotN & LoI OST's
Xenogears OST
Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 Ost's

My favorite OST's are:
Xenogears
FinalFantasyTactics
Castlevania:SoTN
ChronoCross
MetalG(...) really really love the Xenogears ost(i listen to it all the time :p).

I'm looking forward to halo 2's soundtrack. I've already heard the first song, on the soundtrack, its pretty good. for anyone who wishes to listen to the song, just go to xbox.com and go to the halo section, it will give you a link to the song.

Anyone knows Radiant Silvergun for Sega Saturn?
Now that game has one cool soundtrack one of the best ever.

My favorite game OST is the one for Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. It's Hitoshi Sakimoto (composer of Final Fantasy Tactics) at his best.

Mant

Title? What's this?

Final Fantasy 8 OST.

Liberi fatali, premonition, the successor...... every ff8 music is totally awesome, even better than ff7 o ff6. There's no one who is bad in this compilation.

Signature Image Ai

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by MantFinal Fantasy 8 OST.
Liberi fatali, premonition, the successor...... every ff8 music is totally awesome, even better than ff7 o ff6. There's no one who is bad in this compilation.

Liberi Fatali is definitely one of the most powerful songs from any FF soundtrack.

hmm i dont remember which song that is. I'm gonna have to go back and relisten to it.

Fatall

= maruda =

mine are from quake 2, quake 3 & unreal tournament -]

... the place where everythimg comes from and everything returns to ...

Tales of Symphonia
Zelda: OoT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker
Melty Blood (and re.act)
most Rockman
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2
Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 3

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.