Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 who's going to FF Concert? - Minitokyo

who's going to FF Concert?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

Whee!

http://www.myimgs.com/data/deviousoni/FF%20Ticket.jpg

Where is that Disney Concert hall again? Florida?
. after you go tell us what songs they played! ;p

$85 o.o Wow!
Wish I could go! I just absolutely love FF music!

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

It's in Los Angeles and it'll be held a day before E3. I wish I could go to E3 again; I had a friend once whose dad worked at the convention center and he snucked us in in 2000. XD

Yeah, 85 bucks was the cheapest I could get. I hesitated when they first went on sale, so I lost out on the 40-something bucks ones. >_< But I'm happy nonetheless. :D

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

haha too far and too expensive >_<

btw, bring back a present for osi :D

Signature

damn i was thinkin of goin, but by the time i got around to lookin for tics, the damn thing was sold out. Oh well, at least i got A Perfect Circle to look forward to hehe....

crazypanda

Work is my life! -_-''''''

Wow, FF music concert. That must be nice cause I love FF music. I hope there will be one in Canada.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

ff concert!? that's so friggin awesome! i live within 6 hrs of florida, but its a shame that the tickets are sold out ToT and i have no money

ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT ToT

oh man that would be awesome!

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

sammo, you would have to go further than florida. it's in LA, buddy. XD

you can still get tickets... if you're willing to shell out some bucks for em...

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=dear+friends+final+fantasy+tickets&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&sotextsearched=2&BasicSearch=

::dies::

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

WOO! Concert is tonight! Expect a report soon!

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

As promised, here's my report of the Final Fantasy concert!

First off, I must say what an honor it was to be part of videogame history last night. Last night was the first concert in North America featuring video game music. How awesome is that? More awesome was being in the presence of Nobou Uematsu and in the midst of what can possibly be the most electrifying concert the Walt Disney Concert Hall has had and will ever had. It was just that awesome. :D

I arrived at the concert hall a little past 7 PM and discovered a line outside the hall filled with eager FF fans waiting to purchase their souvenirs. I was behind a guy who came from Seattle just for that concert. After being in line for about 10 minutes, one of the staffers mentioned that we could go inside (some people thought it was the line to get inside—myself included). Some people left, but I stayed 5 minutes longer, but eventually the gusty winds that emanate from downtown Los Angeles prompted me to enter sans program or t-shirt (each at $25 I believe).

After locating my seat, I looked around the hall. The architecture of the concert hall is a blend of contemporary and classic style, with 6 giant plasma screens inside allowing anyone regardless of their seat to enjoy a full view of the orchestra. Most people were dressed formal, others more business casual, and a few in their baggy jeans shirts. It wasn’t long before a roar of applause shook the hall as Uematsu-san entered and took his seat along with 2 kimono-clad guests. Soon thereafter the conductor came out to full applause, and regaled us with the opening piece, “Liberi Fatali” from FF8 with accompaniment from the LA Philharmonic and Chorale. The plasma screens began to showcase FMV clips from FF8 and were met with a roaring applause. The ENERGY from that opening—my God the energy!—was overwhelming! XD

James Arnold Taylor, the voice actor of Tidus from FF10, was the host for the evening and introduced the songs and voiced his penchant for his role in FF10. The following is a list of songs played.

· "Liberi Fatali" (Final Fantasy VIII)

· "Zanarkand" (Final Fantasy X)

· "Terra's Theme" (Final Fantasy VI)

· "Theme of Love" (Final Fantasy IV)

· "Dear Friends" (Final Fantasy V)

· "Vamo' Alla Flamenco" (Final Fantasy IX)

· "Love Grows" (Final Fantasy VIII)

· "Aeris's Theme" (Final Fantasy VII)

· "Not Alone" (Final Fantasy IX)

· "Ronfaure" (Final Fantasy XI)

· "Final Fantasy I - III Medley"

· "New Melody From Final Fantasy VII Advent Children"

· "Final Fantasy" (Theme)

And yes, a clip from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was shown. XD

Of all the songs, “Liberi Fatali”, “Terra’s Theme”, “Aeris’s Theme”, the chochobo theme, and “One Winged Angel” proved to be the most popular.

The other highlight of the evening was when Uematsu-san came on stage and played to the audience as they gave him long and well deserved standing ovation. Then he introduced 2 more guests of honor: Hironobu Sakaguchi and Yoshitaka Amano! Amano-san proved to be hilarious as he was going on and on about what Final Fantasy means to him, which gave the translator a challenge to translate nearly 5 minutes of speech without any pauses. ^_^ And then they all left the stage, only for the hall to resound with the sounds of “One Winged Angel”. Fantastic!

My only lament was going by myself. Most people around me had dates or brought friends or their spouses, but a few were solo. But definitely would’ve been better if I brought someone else along to share the concert with. Shame I couldn’t afford to buy another ticket. But that aside, it was truly an unforgettable experience.

Wow sounds like an always some playlist. Yea I heard a little bit about it on Tech live but I didn't get all the details. Nice play list, sounds like the concert was worth the price of the ticket but too bad I don't live anywhere near LA :(

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

Quote by AngelWow sounds like an always some playlist. Yea I heard a little bit about it on Tech live but I didn&#39;t get all the details. Nice play list, sounds like the concert was worth the price of the ticket but too bad I don&#39;t live anywhere near LA :(

Well there's been some speculation, started by Uematsu-san himself, that this might be the first concert in a series planned worldwide. Whether or not it's true is anyone's guess, but wouldn't it be awesome?

Definately, if it came to our music concert hall I'd go especially if Uematsu was going to be there.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.