Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Elfen Lied....it´s Love Hina gone bad - Minitokyo

Elfen Lied....it´s Love Hina gone bad

page 1 of 1 20 total items

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Elfen Lied....it´s Love Hina gone bad
well, almost...at the begining, who would had thought something so cute, with such a story and of course, an inn full of girls and one guy.....hummm sounds like a Love Hina story....who would had thought....it would be so RAW (and who would had thought the first girl victim would had died headless...as she made the "gomen kacho" cute act, she was used as shield)

of course, go to the official page: http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/ and you´ll think is a cute story....just wait until you see episode 1 ^^

what do you think????

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

WARNING! Contains Minor Spoilers! Please scroll past this if you have NEVER seen Elfen Lied before

...... The only thing similar to Elfen Lied and Love Hina is the ecchi.... Otherwise they are nothing alike.. Seriously Love Hina is just basically some basic romance story while Elfen Lied touches your very soul.

Second the only thing else thats similar is they adopt kids....Nana, who is the same as Lucy, and another girl who was raped by her step father, then her mother blames her and says shes tearing apart the family so she leaves. Kouta blanked out his past because of a painful memory (too much of a spoiler to say) and hes nothing like that pussy Keitaro......I don't really see how in any way, shape or form does the story of Elfen Lied become similar to Love Hina....but whatever. If you really think so.

The story in no way, shape or form is suppose to be cute. Lucy BRUTALLY murders TONS of people in the first episode, including a VERY gorey head twist of the assistant and then using her body to shield bullets. People think its cute cause of Nyuu, and I hated the CRAP out of Nyuu, she did NOT belong in the series....but I suppose they needed a 'cute character' or something... It was just a split personality. Elfen Lied is one of the most indepth animes and darkest animes I've EVER seen.

Ai Yori Aoshi is more of like Love Hina. Elfen Lied.....Doesn't even come close, I'm sorry for being so brutal and mean, but I really don't see ANY similarity to the two.

Signature Image

broq

broq

deux ex artificium

Wow you toke your time to write that post Cyanide, but I guess you are right about some things. About nyuu being a filler character; it was an idea of the creator of the manga(by the way, he can't draw :P); I have to read the end of the manga and see if she really is a filler char. The manga have a different ending.

You have to watch the last episodes minako; XD great endding. By the way can you put a spoiler warning in the title of the thread??

DianKibou

DianKibou

The inflatable Dragon God

Well I haven't see so much of Elfen Lied but I think the anime is not funny and not for kids right?

Signature

livewild

Nani?

It isn't, but it's one hell of a anime with a few slight humurous moments...but then again, it does say it's rated for teenages 15 and over coz of the violence and gory and disturbing scenes....but it dosen't stop it from being such an amazing series :)

Bando - "When you get in a bind, call me. I will kill them all."

Bleach rulllzzz!! ^_^ yyeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!

^_^

flaskis

flaskis

Nyuu!

Well, this was a nice comparison, not :p

i never thought of Elfen Lied as an harem anime. The inn everyone lives in just isn't that form of gathering point like the inn in Love Hina. Moreover, that form of ecchi/embarasing moments in that makes Love Hina just doesn't exist in Elfen Lied (except when Kouta shouts "stripe" ^_^)

What's done is done

I finally watched all of it...all i have to say is the intro song kicks ass....its used plenty of times throughout the anime and it fits VERY well with some of the last few eps. This anime isnt too dark, but its almost there.....some things are so f*cked up i love it! lol, we need more dark animes! I would recommend anyone with a strong stomach (able to handle bodys blowing up, seeing guts, etc) to check this series out. Its only 13 eps and they actually do a good job of finishing the series. I was satisfied with the ending. Not many animes do this though. I will be checking out the manga, because im sure it goings beyond the anime.

Nairdas

The Speaker of Truth

Man, looking at Elfen you'd never expect it to be a violent anime. I definitely gotta check it out.

broq

broq

deux ex artificium

carpetflyer the manga has very poor art; but is longer that the anime and the story is different like from ep8, also has more characters.

From the few scans I saw, cover art doesn't seem that bad... A bit like the art of a high school ameteur, but it wasn't FLCL manga bad.

Love Hina didn't have any story except a guy confessing his love to a girl.
But Elfen Lied, yes there is.

Not only the story is about love but it's also about how us humans have degraded into an existence that excludes everything that's different from themselves.

In the anime, diclonius, the pink-haired girls with invisible arms, have been discrimnated from normal people and because of that, they have developed hatred toward the whole human race. They weren't born as natural killers; rather, they were born as innocent, pure girls who are even more humane than the actual humans. The factors that usually trigger diclonius to kill others is the atrocity and cruelty that normal humans display towards them. Because of this, they turn into human killing-machines.

Elfen Lied surpasses Love Hina in every perspectives, animation, sound, quality, character.
I got really tired of Love Hina after watching the first 3 episodes (I hated the nerd guy keep being blasted off buy the girls. It was funny for the first time, but after that it got so repetitive).

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

I agree with most of you! Don't compare a masterpiece like elfen lied with a so so anime like love hina.. They are completely different, Love Hina was a fun, funny, happy go lucky anime while Elfen Lied is much much darker and serious.

The only similiarity i see is the one guy surrounded by a bunch of girls. Besides in Elfen Lied, all the girls dont just fall for the main lead. And another thing, the ecchi and fanservice in Elfen Lied isnt forced like in love hina.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Live hina and Elfen lied or two completely different types of animes so can't really compare them on that basis. I like Elfen Lied though ^^

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."

Eh, alot of anime these days will have similar things and settings and such. Plus it's not like Love Hina was first of it's kind.. =P Honestly though, with Elfen Lied, I could've done without the ecchi and what not. ;0 Needed more gore, that was my main reason for watching it! :P

Signature

Alephzero

Lazy Demon

I agree with most of you : where Love Hina is a typical love comedy, Elfen Lied is much more like a study on what defines a human being. Comparing them doesn't make much sense imho.

i find that Elfen Lied has little in common with Love hina, however on the topic of comparison. i find that nyuu is similar to Chii from chobits and Kouta for some reason looks a lot like Shiki from Melty Blood (tsukihime)

lumierewirbelwind

lumierewirbelwind

Kiddy Grade Fanatic

Love Hina is one of the last things that would come to mind if I were to describe Elfen Lied. To me, I would say it's 1 part Chobits (Nyuu = Chii), 3 parts Gunslinger Girl (powerful girls with the mind of a child, used by people to do their biddings, and all the psychological stuff they go through), and 6 parts blood. That's exactly how I'd put it =P

Onnanoko wa ereganto ni~

Love Hina didn't cross my mind once when I watched Elfen Lied. I think the only possible simularity is the idea of a man managing an inn filled with girls, which is the main theme/plot of Love Hina but simply an underlying part of the main plot of Elfen Lied. They are completely different genres, and as far as I know there isn't any gore in Love Hina ;)

Love Hina owns though. Glorious manga.

Yea I thinks it's not wrong at all but I found more similitudes with chobits than love hina

Dccafdf

Dccafdf

Victor Van Vinklevoss V

Elfen Lied is one of my favorite animes now. I absolutely loved the show. Animation, sound, plot, characters, it is truly a masterpeice. It's a shame that it's so hard to find any content for it. I can't really find any pictures of/for it. MT is the only place I've ever seen pictures for it. But even here, there is still relatively little to nothing for the show.

I love this show. I love blood, gore, horror, and all that good stuff in my anime. Some people seem to think the gore is excessive in this show. I say, there isn't enough! As I would say for any show really, for that matter. I've got the intro song stuck in my head now. It won't go away, nore do I want it too! I love both versions of the intro song. Lilium, and lilium saints version. Words hardly describe my obsession for this show. but man.. I LOVE IT! ^__^

I am Victor Van Vinklevoss the fifth. It is nice to meet you comrades!

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.