Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Windows VS Linux - Minitokyo

Windows VS Linux

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

tiagosg

Anime No Sekai (=^.^=)

Which you prefer, Why?....

I Use Windows the 8 years.... but... I very like of linux ^^

Brasil Group
http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/animensk/shima.gif
Shima-chan Uchuu No Stellvia

[i]Signature Image
Brasil Group
[/i]
Onde Todos Os Brasileiros se encontram (=^_^=)

neither i go MAC

and to be honest i have only been using MAC OS X ( panther ) for less than a year

i cant belive i ever used windows

but out of those 2 .... i say Linux if you know how to use it without getting yourself into trouble

really though one week using a MAC and i belive most people will choose that ( most people say they dont like MAC's ... but most of them havent even used one for more than 24 hours )

my favorite thing?
being able to push a button on the keyboard and have every single thing on screen at once
none of this taskbar nonsense

BLUH HAVE AT you!! "throws a apple through a window" *smash*

guwhahahahaha

I prefer Windows cos I find it a lot easier to use compared to Linux. I had a hell of a time trying to get linux to playback all my anime... found it really hard to get linux to recognize different codecs. Not to mention getting used to a whole new file system, which was really irritating.

Signature

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

I use linux.

I think it's easier ... I don't have to worry about all the crap I do on windows. I can just sit down and do crap at the computer and rely on it. Or I can learn by writing scripts and testing them or doing new things...

Yoper Linux does my anime perfect, fullscreen out of the box. Does internet fine, azureus works... aMule takes a little tweaking but eMule isn't too hard.

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Mant

Title? What's this?

Windows suks, but it has a wide spread over the market.

The best thing to do is to use it and change all his internal programs with freeware and superior's ones.

Signature Image Ai

Urashima

The ULTRA Cute

This thread should definitely be in the Tech Lounge instead of here.

Both Windows and Linux have their ups and downs and I like and use them both.

they both have their advantages and I use both,

I do a fair bit of gaming and getting games setup to work properly in linux can be quite a pain, but linux is far more stable and reliable. so that said for may gaming computers and just general use I use winblows, but for anything that requires reliability or stability without haveing to be reboot every few weeks I use linux.

and BTW Pinkspider, OS X was written on top of a unix based operating system, so technically you prefer linux :)

I haven't tried Linux but i'm considering to use it i heard its awesome. I don'tmind using Windows though they're both pretty goo din my opinion

Signature
-=(AniStudios])=-

kawaii-coordinator

kawaii-coordinator

^^ genshou ^^

i use windows cause i'm used to it ^^ i often play games which are easier to play with windows since i have to learn how linux works. perhaps i'm going to install linux when i buy my new PC just to see how good it is

Signature Image

Ryuujin

Ryuujin

Prolific Ghost

I use windows right now, since like everyone says, I'm used to. I have linux installed on one of my servers but it's a hard os to learn, once I get the gist of the os and learn it well I might consider it as my main OS since it's open sourceeeeee

darkevangelion

wi wi wiiiiiiiiii ._.

Eh used both Operating systems and I do not even have one favorite
since the 2 have advantages and disadvantages.

Signature Image

Mabui

Mabui

Ai no Message

Windows, because I've never tried Linux. ^^; lol

God is just something mankind made up so they could blame everything that they couldn't explain on something.

Never used Linux, so I'm going with Windows.

Signature

pra que linux se eu tenho Windows?
abaixa o linux... Windows 9341904789023789057937426x melhor ja vem tudo pronto.
to nem ai que e mais pesado... se hoje em dia fazem maquinas pra suporta um Windows, para que vo usa o linux? so se eu tive um 186 lol O.o

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Windows.... coa I can't use Linux... never tried really... but Windows is simple enough for me to comprehend. I've known it since I was 5.. so that's about 11 years...^^

paied

paied

*blink*

i use linux. mandrake linux. it is much cleaner and kde 3.x is not near as annoying as both stock and custom windows themes. it's a lot cheaper too *wink*

I use both, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I use Linux for servers, development/programming and fun. It does not support as much hardware as windows, but that’s partly because lots of things have been designed for windows over time. And so far only a few odd/uncommon hardware components have given me any issues.

I use windows for general every-day-stuff (now note I spend a lot of time doing other stuff, so 'general-every-day-stuff' is not really as much as you would think it is. It’s good because there is software that you can use that you can't find on Linux.

I much prefer Linux, and I am currently using mainly the newest slackware distribution. It’s a developers toy, and something for work. Windows comes with lots of 'baggage' in my opinion (and other reasons), and given time Linux could rise to 'meet' windows, though that’s not exactly the personality of Linux is (or at least that’s what I believe). Windows is good because its one of the most widely used OSs so communication/synchronization with others is easiest. So to sum it up (I tried not to go into any details, because I already spend too much doing that type of thing ^_^; ) I use both windows and Linux, I prefer Linux, but I'm not about to kick windows even though there are several annoyances related to it. Though… ^_^

i am reminded of something somewhat similar: converting from C++ to Java at the universities (as the main language taught), I much prefer C++ over Java, but I see how java can be ‘convenient’ and its advantages (not that they always out weigh its disadvantages) ). Though, I really would have like them to stick with C++ not just because I know more c++ then java.. but that’s another discussion altogether -_- )

Considering what I started with, (referring to eunasahng) it was an HP85 actually I believe it was something much older (an HP with a single row LCD display. To give you an idea I mean and LCD as in a row of maybe 20 LED lit number like in a digital clock. And the whole point is programming it. @_@), but my brother left that older one on the carpet when he was messing with it and it overheated X|. That was a while ago (and so I don’t even remember what that one was), but so basically I started with programming and a ‘more technical’ approach. Then it was an old mac, then over to windows and linux a bit later. So I guess considering that, I probably drift toward linux.

Though, you don’t have to have too much of a background in any programming to use some of the distributions of linux. There are several other versions of linux that are easy to install and are ready to go. So don’t think that its just for geeks, other people get plenty of use out of it never having to do much of anything too complicated. There are so many distributions you can just try several until you find one you like. (And different ones have different uses as well so you don’t have to just stop with one.)

(Oh yeah, and as Paied mentioned, the price if nice as well. heh heh.
That and the opensource is great. It can also make even 'old' computers quite usefull bie it as a firewall/router or another project.)

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/3413/

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.