Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Patriotic are you? - Minitokyo

How Patriotic are you?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Well, now that the election is over, and a lot of people are dissapointed, i want to know how patrioctic people are. I myself am an anarchist, and i really hate the government. People always look at me when i dont say the pledge of allegence or when im not mad that someone over seas was beheaded. People think its weird that i dont care who the president is, and that i would rather have the people ruin the country instead of a president. So, how patriotic are you?

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Well, I'm not American, so I won't corrupt your poll, but I'd say I'm not really patriotic at all. XD I cheer for Aus at the Olympics, but it kinda ends there.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I'm not pleased with the election results. I've never been particularly patriotic. This is the place I live, and that's about all. I'd be like this anywhere, but maybe living in the US has stripped me of any pride for my country I might have had.

It would be nice if the people ran the country, but what people would run it? Surely it wouldn't be the people who would change it into something good or useful, it would be people like the current President. People with money who want power. I can't see change coming so easily, and as good as communism sounds, it's always a failure. If we could be a self-governing society, that would be great. Unfortunately, it would probably never work.

But no, I don't like the government so much right now. I haven't for four years, and I won't for another four years. Possibly longer than that. I did like Clinton, I thought he did some good things. That could be my liberal democrat bias speaking. -_-'

Ryuujin

Ryuujin

Prolific Ghost

I'm also not pleased with this election but what can you do. Kinda feels like my vote was wasted but like I said, what can you do. I just hope nothing bad will happen with the majority control of the government going to the republicans considering that bush will have a major task ahead of him in the next four years (choosing a successor to the Fed Chairmen, lowering the deficit, finishing iraq, etc). I'm not sure if I even am patriotic anymore, considering my feelings towards this election.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by RyuujinI'm also not pleased with this election but what can you do. Kinda feels like my vote was wasted but like I said, what can you do. I just hope nothing bad will happen with the majority control of the government going to the republicans considering that bush will have a major task ahead of him in the next four years (choosing a successor to the Fed Chairmen, lowering the deficit, finishing iraq, etc). I'm not sure if I evenam partriotic anymore, considering my feelings towards this election.

Your vote is never wasted. You used your voice and said what you wanted. That will never be a waste. All we can hope for now is that Bush doesn't dig us any further into a hole. It's a little sad when that's your only hope for the government.

Ryuujin

Ryuujin

Prolific Ghost

Hmm.. I suppose that's true, I am please that my vote for local govenrment offices/propositions weren't wasted so that's something to look forward to I suppose. It's probably sad that it is my only hope for government but we'll see in the coming years.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by RyuujinHmm.. I suppose that's true, I am please that my vote for local govenrment offices/propositions weren't wasted so that's something to look forward to I suppose. It's probably sad that it is my only hope for government but we'll see in the coming years.

My consolation right now is that the democrat candidate for senate, Barbara Mikulsky, won. I like her very much, she's a good politician. I never thought I'd call anyone a good politician. But she does a lot for the people in her state, and more than anyone, I believe in her. It's clear other people believe in her too, and it's why she keeps getting re-elected.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

The Presidential votes dont matter one bit. Its who you vote for your state representative, because they will vote in the EC for you, which are the votes that really count. Supposedly, your votes persuade the Reps of your state to give their vote to the person you want. Thats why they go and talk to all the big states like california and new york. But, nationally your votes don't count at all. Its all up to the ec... Democracy my ass.

Signature

Musiq

Musiq

History's Strongest Disciple

Quote by nullHand me flags and a sparkler, america ROXXORS!

Rocking a flag don't make you a hero...

Ryuujin

Ryuujin

Prolific Ghost

Quote by egnirysMy consolation right now is that the democrat candidate for senate,
Barbara Mikulsky, won. I like her very much, she's a good politician. I
never thought I'd call anyone a good politician. But she does a lot for
the people in her state, and more than anyone, I believe in her. It's
clear other people believe in her too, and it's why she keeps getting
re-elected.

Yup that's why I voted for her and Chris Van Hollen. I believe they can get the job done.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by Musiq

Quote by nullHand me flags and a sparkler, america ROXXORS!

Rocking a flag don't make you a hero...

We are not talking about being a hero or not. Being patriotic and being a hero are two totally different things.

Signature

Musiq

Musiq

History's Strongest Disciple

I was quoting a song I had on my playlist ^_^'

Don't half ass being a newfound patriot, though, to all the ones that become one after 9/11.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Still glad to live in America. We have roughly 50% of the Earth's wealth, and only 10% of the Earth's population. ^_^'

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

This country's system is stupid. Votes ARE wasted all the time, it depends on where you live.

The reason they are wasted is because in the end your vote doesn't matter, what matters is the electorate votes.

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

Quote by Vagrant123Still glad to live in America. We have roughly 50% of the Earth's wealth, and only 10% of the Earth's population. ^_^'

Same here. We're given a lot of privledges, opportunities, and freedoms that aren't given anywhere else. I'm very grateful for that.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Democracy has totally gone down hill. I think that America could learn from Ancient Greece's democracy. They had all the people who were eligable to vote (which at that time were men) and they all gathered to vote on important topics like war, taxes and other stuff. Greece prospered because of this but since we have a vast majority of people in the U.S. we have to think of other methods. Yet people dont even bother including us in anything. Quite bogus i must say -moves to Ancient Greece ^-^-

Signature

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

Quote by Vivid-ReinDemocracy has totally gone down hill. I think that America could learn
from Ancient Greece's democracy. They had all the people who were
eligable to vote (which at that time were men) and they all gathered to
vote on important topics like war, taxes and other stuff. Greece
prospered because of this but since we have a vast majority of people
in the U.S. we have to think of other methods. Yet people dont even
bother including us in anything. Quite bogus i must say -moves to
Ancient Greece ^-^-

One slight problem with that. Ancient Greece was made of city-states. Athens was the only city-state that was democratic. Just like true Communism, true democracy can only work on a small scale, and in Athen's case, a city. Athens had just the right population where all male citizens could meet in one area to vote. Nowadays, try to accumulate all of America's population in one area and you got two things: One massive terrorist target, and Pure inefficiency. The current system is efficient -- however, it isn't a true republic either. It ignores votes if they are the "minority", even if a state is 51% to 49% on the candidates.

Signature

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

The only reason why it was made into city states was because of its geography. It was too mountainous for them to get to another and trade ideas. Now with the power of flatish land and the interenet we can exchange ideas very quickly. We are also more combined then they were.

Signature

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

Even with flat terrain, we couldn't all meet in one area, no matter how hard one tried. I've been to conventions of maybe a thousand people. A thousand is nothing compared to a million people, or ten million people, or more. A thousand was enough to majorly crowd the area. A million would be absurd. Ten million would boggle someone's mind enough to make them want to shoot themselves.

Not to mention, such a meeting would be a big invitation to terrorists.

Signature

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Then we will use the voting system. If people are able to vote for a president in their separte states, then we should set up official voting booths just for that. It may cause some controversy but in the end, it will make deciding to go to war or other important issues that could effect our lives easier...

Signature

You know your poll suggest you have a weird defintion of patriotism... or maybe that's just the "definition" promoted lately by your country. Patriotism isn't about waving flags ans dissing the ones that don't want to boast that way (that's called nationalism). I think it's more actions and thougths, not a show.

Patriotism isn't either sticking no matter what with your government... one of your presidents, Theordore Roosevelt, I think has said or written some beautiful sentences about that.

It isn't either at the expense of other countries cause it would be just being lucky to be born in some places.

EDIT : T. Roosevelt :

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President."

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly as necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

Other quotes :

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."
- President Thomas Jefferson

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from the government.
- Thomas Paine

Signature

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Exactly Ilona. People here tend to think that patriotisim is getting decked out in red white and blue. I used the stuff in my polls to make fun of that because i constantly see it everyday. Just today this boy said "Im patriotic for wearing american flag boxers!" It shows you how stupid some people here are (actually a lot of people >_>;) I think that the government should make an effort to educate people so that they dont make mistakes like this patriotism stuff.

Signature

i'm not disappointed in the polls. i'm disappointed in how they each ran their campaigns.
totally corrupted. but then again maybe this is how we americans are???

hmmm, I hate this USA because of its censorship "and we are meant to believe we have freedom of the press and speach" ~_~

i don't have much problems with usa, Some of its laws I'm very pissed off at, but I guess its ok...?

Fireworks Rule! but even that were not premitted to explode imported items ~_~

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.