Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ripping walls - Minitokyo

ripping walls

page 1 of 1 20 total items

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Dear Mods and other members!
I think that we should find a way to stop people from submitting ripped walls, what I mean by ripping walls is taking them from somebodyelse's site and uploading here or uploading walls done by somebodyelse with just slight difference. I know that this was probably posted over and over and over again... but the problem remains. Just today there were, in my opinion, two submissions of ripped walls. I do not know like you, but when I see a wall that has been ripped by an artist whose work I really appreciate my blood boils. People do not read FAQ! They just want to level up! We really must do something? Maybe increase the restrictions? or ban [though I personnaly do not think that would be a good idea, after all MT is supposed to be available to everyone who contribute, though at the same time why contribute by posting someone else's job???]?

ok. that is all on my part... must go to uni... still angry... such nice walls involving a lot of effort on the part of the artist to make being posted here without any thougth...

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

i really hope your not directing this at me at all. since i thought i explained myself very well.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Submissions aren't scanned except to make sure they meet the requirements. If you find a ripped scan or wallpaper, then please report it. It's a sure way to be positive it will be fixed.

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

I´m with you jasmine I can see lots of ripped walls in here some members were notified by me but noone it seems read the rules.
Please stop that.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Quote by egnirysSubmissions aren't scanned except to make sure they meet the requirements. If you find a ripped scan or wallpaper, then please report it. It's a sure way to be positive it will be fixed.

yes i know it fill be fixed, i am here long enough to know that, but at the same time the whole precedent remains. there are still people who do not follow common sense and do not abide by the rules.

i can understand that they want to level up and be able to download stuff from the gallery, but the fact remains. i remember when sometime ago at 4chan there was this person desprete for some particular scan available at MT, but she/he did not have enough posts to download it, so by calling MT community "those damn MT nazis" he requested the scan there. so i can understand that you want scans, that you wante the download, and "it is easy to say by those who are alrady over lvl 10" and so on... but still one must remember to abide by the rules. and there is FAQ! but they do not read it.

Quote by wooxi really hope your not directing this at me at all. since i thought i explained myself very well.

and no i did not mean you in particular but those who do upload ripped walls, and as a matter of fact i did not know that you might have previousl done it.

so for one of the possible solutions - make faq visible and obligatory to read??? not just scan it through quickly but read it thoruoghly???

What I do is me...
... for that I came

i didnt upload a ripped wall perse
i just today submitted a wall, that i titled "mp3homage" in which i speak highly of anothers work and becuase i liked it so much i made my version of it to pay homage to his.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Ithink this is a real problem as wel. just today I reported 7 ripped walls ....
i would go for a ban after the second offense..

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

I've seen someone submitting ripped walls few times which i made, it was funny at first since someone had actually saved them to his/her pc for collections. Anyways, i wasnt offended, when i mentioned about it, he deleted them. Second time i was little annoyed that even when i mentioned about it to him, he didnt delete it and the mod had to do it.

So, basically if you report some wall to be ripped and you got proof, then the game is over for the ripper and ge gets warning. With enough warnings he/she will be getting banned from MT eventually.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by jasmineyes i know it fill be fixed, i am here long enough to know that, but at the same time the whole precedent remains. there are still people who do not follow common sense and do not abide by the rules.

That was more for other people, I realize you know this. I would have quoted you directly if I meant it to be directed at you.

I see scans all over ripped from other sites. "I didn't scan this, I got it from here". There's enough people who submit their own scans, and I don't think anyone should get credit for saving something from another site and uploading it, whether they give credit or not. I'm not sure of the policy on this, cos I can't find anything concrete in the FAQ and I haven't submitted scans cos I don't have a scanner. I'm just a little fuzzy on that matter.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I've had enough. I think I reported 15 or so ripped walls in the last 2 days. I really think than the punishment for ripping walls should be FAR worse.
After all there are reules. And they should be followed. The "hey I didn't read them" is not a valid excuse
I think that a warning and then a ban on second offense could be ok.
Or maybe an immediate temporary ban, and then a permanent ban.
Jasmine, you should have made this a poll thread. i think I'll make one...

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i'll tell you guys what; if you guys can figure out an effective method to stop the ripping, we would gladly do it. until that day comes, all we can do is rely on everyone's report to delete them. i myself can't accept the fact that people do not read the submission policy guide, but that's just the way it is :(

everyday, i delete atleast around 8 ripped walls on my own. it's very sad, but some people do not even realize this is against the rule in that their real intention is to share them like scans. some just use them to gain levels. either way, figuring out how to stop all this is the staff's primary concern.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Yea. Just report if you seen any ripped wall and the mods will do the rest. :)

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

figure out an effective method to stop the ripping.

easy .. a zero tolerance policy... no excuses.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Quote by egnirysI see scans all over ripped from other sites. "I didn't scan this, I got it from here". There's enough people who submit their own scans, and I don't think anyone should get credit for saving something from another site and uploading it, whether they give credit or not. I'm not sure of the policy on this, cos I can't find anything concrete in the FAQ and I haven't submitted scans cos I don't have a scanner. I'm just a little fuzzy on that matter.

ok so here is tha FAQ

Quote by FAQWhat can I submit as wallpaper?
» You can submit finished wallpapers that you made yourself using graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop. This means you cannot submit wallpapers that you found elsewhere, or modify existing wallpapers to submit it as yours. You may use stock images such as those found on Minitokyo, for example anime characters, to enhance the wallpaper. Submitting wallpapers from others is known as ripping and will be immediately removed from Minitokyo with all consequences that follow.

and as far as scans are concerned I believe that members here reached an agreement that as far as scans are concerned you can submit something you have found on the internet as long as you credit the source, and of course follow the rules of the gallery/website you have taken the scan, so if the site says that scans are for walling purposes only then you cannot submit it

What I do is me...
... for that I came

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Im banning as many rippers as i can, but theres too many...cant keep up XD

Signature

TriTri

Eccentric Resident

Heheh, gogogo Osi~ xD That's sorta why I'm reluctant to upload anything at all, so I just comment and +fav stuff instead. ^^; Have to contribute somehow, ne?

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/55148/

that is a new wall i uploaded the other day, if its considerd ripping ill remove it, but the only reason i posted it and made it was to because of how much i enjoyed his.

gendo1

gendo1

LP Fan / Wall Critic

Dude, woox. Why do you keep replying to this thread?
Apparently no one else is reading what you wrtite anymore, so stop posting ripped walls.
Read the FAQ again. Some small modifications don't count as a new wallpaper.
If you enjoy a wall, that's awesome! post a thread on it, and have people go look at it where it was originally uploaded.
If someone wants their wall on MT, they will upload it here. Or, email them about posting on MT, telling them how cool we are!

In regaurds to this post, I don't think there is a way to stop ripping.
Osi is doing awesome, and Sheqel deserves better for his hosting such a hardcore fan playground.
Anyone heartless enough to rip a wall doesn't deserve a free membership to MT v2.
But hey, I'm only level 34, so don't take my word for it. Ask Noctum about rippers.

Signature

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by wooxhttp://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/55148/
that is a new wall i uploaded the other day, if its considerd ripping ill remove it, but the only reason i posted it and made it was to because of how much i enjoyed his.

Where's this wallpaper you keep referencing? Yours is good, and I want to see the other one too.

No, there's no way to stop ripping unless people were to be completely honest and only post their work. Based on how many rips I've reported today, that isn't going to happen . -_-'

wuschel

wuschel

wollknoll

yes rippin is a bad problem although just banning is also a solution i think or when u sign up u have to agree to the terms before u can see any images or something else cause ripping suckz

but one of the problems is when just people sign up get ur wall and post this to another pages like boyis.com and yes thats what pissed me most of f X_x;

but in the end as egnirys said, there is no way to stop ripping if people are that evil ~ ~

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.