Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: appropriate punishment for ripping walls - Minitokyo

Poll: appropriate punishment for ripping walls

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Taken from the excellent thread of Jasmine, this poll wants to be a suggestion for the adequate punishment for ripping walls. I must have reported 10-15 walls in the last 2 days. The number of ripped walls is increasing steadily.
I honestly think that it's one of the worst thing for a wallpaper artist to see his wallpapers ripped. It makes me really mad cause there are people out there who worked many hours and useless leechers try to increase their level by submitting other ppls work.
And I also think that MT is being far too lenient on offenders. I mean, it's written in the rules. A community has rules (or laws if you want to call them that way), and there is no excuse for not knowing them. Try to commit a crime and then tell in tribunal "but I didn't know it was a crime". Ignorance is not a valid excuse.

So, now that my little rant has ended, I'd like to hear what you, members of MT, think about this issue. And I hope this can be a suggestion for changing the punishment ripping walls. So pls vote and say what you think

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

RiddickRuleZ

Escaped Convict, Murderer

I would like to suggest simply the reset of rank.

If somedy is caught to make a ripping of something, his rank will be simply reducted to Zero. Then Temporary banned, then his hp will be denied to acces the site.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

the policy in MT is that if the person gets 3 consecutive warnings from the moderators, they will be banned. we do this because people are too ignorant to read the FAQ and simply submit them in good will of sharing and do not know it's wrong :(

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Well sammo, I know this, but honestly, as I said, not reading the rules is not a valid excuse. I mean, you cannot go around stealing money and then say "I didn't know". My vote go for warning first time and then ban btw. I forgot to mention it :D

Signature

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

My vote = "Warning the first time, temp ban the second, permanent ban the t (1 vote)"
but RiddickRuleZ's idea is not bad as well. Maybe reseting rank to 0 would help, though it can then result in more spam -_-;;; not easy at all.

i bow to moderators in appreciation of their putting a good fight in preserving MT clean and good community.

Quote by sammothe policy in MT is that if the person gets 3 consecutive warnings from the moderators, they will be banned. we do this because people are too ignorant to read the FAQ and simply submit them in good will of sharing and do not know it's wrong :(

oh. That is something new, I did not know that you were banning people after the 3 notices.

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

i know it seems logical Keltosh to warn once, temp ban, and then perm ban...but we are trying to be a little lienient (sp?) for those members that dont understand english well as well as those that did not bother to read the rules.....like common' how many ppl actually read the policy word by word b4 signing up? *cough* XD

well maybe we can reduce the 3 warnings to 2.....

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

As the mods pointed out.... There IS punishment for wall rippers. I'm pretty sure everyone here has seen it as I have. The mods make sure that the person posting them is immediately warned and if need be, banned. Personally I like the system thats already up, I think it gives them a fair shot and then poof.

To ZZ : No one reads the policy when they sign up, very few people ever read the policy whenever they sign up anywhere, hell if they did and still posted dupe walls... Well thats just plain sad AND pathetic.

Signature Image

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Another idea. Why not having the rules in more than one language? I mean.. I'm sure that among all the users around we can find ppl to translate the rules in the most spoken languages around the world. I can do the Italian translation :D

Signature

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by KeltoshAnother idea. Why not proposing the rules in more than one language? I mean.. I'm sure that among all the users around we can find ppl to translate the rules in the most spoken languages around the world. if it hewlps I can do the Italian translation :D

hehe....yeh...we were doing that actually....we started to have the policy translated into spanish i think...but i dunno what happened after....it just never got finished XD lol

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

It's so bad to be lazy :D . Come on it doesn't take that much time. And I think it would help. A little at least ....

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by KeltoshIt's so bad to be lazy. Come on it doesn't take that much time. And I think it would help. A little at least ....

Its called going to college....which is the case for ALOT of the members, calm down about it Keltosh, your really hyper about this, just take some deep breaths. This matter is being taken care of.

Honestly I doubt it would help, some people are just THAT stupid as to NOT read the rules to began with. I can't count HOW many times I've seen people that know English just break them constantly, its just part of not reading the rules, not the fact that they can't read them. Just that they chose not too. You can't change how people are, so thats why you need to be a bit more understanding. Your idea isn't half bad, but its too strict.... Sides everyone deserves a second chance.....we all mess up at times so should we be banned for messing up?

Signature Image

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

College.. I go there as well. And I'm busy. But doing that would require like 30 minutes for each language. And.. well. I did mess up once. But it's called learning form your errors :D Note that I did say i'd go for a warning before banning...

Signature

i like the idea of just reseting peoples level for every offence and deletion of the wallpaper.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Quote by KeltoshCollege.. I go there as well. And I'm busy. But doing that would require like 30 minutes for each language. And.. well. I did mess up once. But it's called learning form your errors :D Note that I did say i'd go for a warning before banning...

well i do not agree with this point. to translate all those rules, and MT has quite a loooong policy would take definietely more time then 30 minutes, especially if the traslation is to be good... but, yup i can voulnteer to translate it into Polish :P though you wouldn't need it in this language ;)

What I do is me...
... for that I came

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by jasminebut, yup i can voulnteer to translate it into Polish :P though you wouldn't need it in this language ;)

Not true! :) Actually, just the other day (yesterday or the day before -_-) someone who listed Poland as their location ripped one of my walls. And a wall from animewallpapers, as well as doujinshi from deviant art.
Personally, I (still) think we need a larger link to the policy page in the registration form. Also, when submitting an item I think the text that says "I agree this is my own work" needs to be larger, bolder, and in a different font color in order for people to notice it.
Ignorance may be bliss, but the harder we make it for people to stay ignorant, the better off I think things will be.
(Edit, 2 hours later)
Oh. My. God. I swear, it will be a miracle the week I do NOT have someone ripping my work. (I just reported another one, trying to pose as a scan. HA. HA. HA.) This week I have had four rips by separate people on different days. Argh. This is why I have my blacklist on my userpage -_- It's about the only way I can express my anger and frustration and.... rawr.
Also, on the resetting levels.. levels is hard-wired into the system, and cannot be manually set. Thus while deleting rips reduces the levels they gained by posting it, it is not possible (unless some exception code is worked in) to reset it completely to 1.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

just reported another ripped wallpaper. this never ends. terrible. one cannot be surprised that Tama-Neko has started the blacklist on her userpage or that she has placed there the counter "X days since I have been last ripped" the problem remains... or even expands? >.<

i have written it in another thread but...

...but considering the amount of scan submissions and bearing in mind that mods are unable to check every single one of them wouldn't it be a good idea to:
- either: increase the number of mods ;)
- or: increase the number of symbols one can use when reporting a "double/bad quality" item. ( i always try to describe the difference between the originally uploaded scan and its double and frequently there is not enough space. :] )
- or: (yet another option) create a special group of members under the purpose to check those reported submissions/ripped walls
as mods have enough on their minds without checking everything with complaints included and different matters they have to deal with...?

What I do is me...
... for that I came

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Well form, the results here is semms that many of us wish to have more severe punishments for those who rips wall. But keep voting !
As for your ideas, Jasmine, they're not bad but the problem is finding persons dedicated enough, and most importantly with enough time. For example I could not guarantee enough time every day....

Anyway I suppose about 90% of the users at MT are users who reached level 10 through intensive posting here and there and through posting art they did not do, and then simply started to download the walls without ever posting anything again. I mean, even if you do not post art *looks at himself*, every member should try to contribute by commenting, posting and such.
From the members page I see, for example, that in the last 24 hrs 258 new ppl joined. How many will contribute in ANY way after they reach level 10? 20? 10? 5?

Something should be done about that.. but I don't know what ... As it is, they're simply leeching off..

EDIT: Sigh I just reported another 6 ripped walls.. there's no end to this ..

Signature

RiddickRuleZ

Escaped Convict, Murderer

Quote by GundamZZ

Quote by KeltoshAnother idea. Why not proposing the rules in more than one language? I mean.. I'm sure that among all the users around we can find ppl to translate the rules in the most spoken languages around the world. if it hewlps I can do the Italian translation :D

hehe....yeh...we were doing that actually....we started to have the policy translated into spanish i think...but i dunno what happened after....it just never got finished XD lol

If you want, i can translate it into the Italian Language. Let me know. if intersted.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Helvetti

Sunabozu

I can't stand people who disrespect artists who would be better than them, by stealing images and using it as their own.
Basically, I would temp. ban and after that person is caught again, permanent ban.
That simple. No holding back for the thieves.

DON'T BE LATE FOR SCHOOL AGAIN.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.