Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
for PSP users
If you're going to make a layout using PSP, use this tutorial instead
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/15480/
its done by belmikry. ^__^

before we begin lemme say one simple thing.
Read the whole post before you post something or problem! I said this since there are many times where people keep asking questions that has been answered in the tutorial. so read ALL OF THEM! even to the smallest detail!

Alright here's my comprehensive tutorial on how to make the userpage custom layout.

1st of all download this: Skin Package [This is a new format skin package. Refer to the tutorial for more information]
That file contains all you need to start making your very own layout.
Alright, now you have the file, lets begin the tutorial.
Oh yah, before we begin lemme just say I did this using Photoshop. It might be different for other image editing software.

[NOTE: some of the steps are still using the old skin package. But the basic steps are still the same. I'll change the steps pretty soon though]

1. 1st up, open up MTv3 Template.psd.

2. As you can see from [this picture] its a bit different from the previous skin package. However, it is still pretty much the same thing. The text are just explanation. You can delete those layer after you read them. The black area are where you should start making your layout, where you should place your character. If you made it outside of the box, it can't be seen unless you or the person viewing have a huge resolution. But, try to make your background effects reach those outside area incase there are people with huge resolution.

3. Now for the fun part, making the bg! Just do your stuff and make your bg on that empty, white .psd~!

4. After your done you might have something like [this]. As you can see, I deleted the text's layer and leave the darken area as a guide to place my character.

5. Next is saving it. Go to File > Save For Web... or use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. (yes, quite a handful). Oh yeah before saving make sure to hide or delete that darken area layer. (to hide click da eye icon at its layer)

6. Next, select all slice (Ctrl+A) and make sure the option under preset is set to Jpeg like shown [here]. Then click Save.

7. Now, as the name says, we're saving it for web. So it will want to create a .html page. Just save it with any name you want. [picture].

8. [This image] shows the files which you have made.

9. Now as of MTv3, uploading the slices and setting the color is easier. Go to your Control Panel and then Skin Builder. First is the color settings. Set your color according to your going to be layout. [Example]

10. Now is uploading the slices. Scroll down a bit until you found Background Tiles section. [This picture] shows the slices being set to upload.

11. After that click build skin and its done.

Optional Stuff
I'm sure some of you have seen it when you get to the skin builder page. The Name and Features section.

~ Name section
This will be the name of your layout. The name will then be seen when people is choosing member layout as their MT layout.

~ Features section
This is where the category of your layout will be. (like if its from Negima, Bleach, Guilty Gear, etc) You need to insert the specific gallery number for this. To know the number, go to Browse. Find the category which it falls under, go in it. Check your adress bar. I'll take an example from FMA category. [http://browse.minitokyo.net/174/fullmetal-alchemist/] See the number 174 in there? Thats the category number. Put that in the box in Feature section.

Use FireFox to upload
Dunno if it still the same with MTv2, but it is always recomended to upload using Firefox. ^_^
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Slices Dimension
incase some people are wondering about the dimension of each silces.

[updated according to MTv3]
#1: 588x470
#2: 720x470
#3: 3x470
#4: 588x738
#5: 720x748
#6: 588x10
#7: 3x74

Wow! My page is in the Tutorial. :) Thanks for the help exentric, AceGunman, and bucket-shot.

FYI:

Not sure what program was used to create the template but I had trouble with it in Photoshop and ImageReady 7 and no troubles in Photoshop and ImageReady CS. Also, following everything above mine still wouldn't work until I uploaded the images with Mozilla Firefox instead of IE.

Crash-kun

Reviving

WOW a tutorial nice nice nice., and dont forget! never USE IE! in uploading. use Firefox. hehe i made that mistake once. >.<

Foolish-ishness

Foolish-ishness

.:Obaka-san:.

Nice tutorial. I'm going to give it a shot sometime tonight or tomorrow :D Thanks.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Very nice......Thank you so much Kash (Psst! I'm sure you've met me before, I post on Yumi-chan's site.....as Mikey-kun >.> =P) , DP, and Bucket-shot for this.

Gah if I still had Photoshop I'd make it.....but seeing as I don't anymore (reason I don't wall) I can't really make a userpage, bah I like to be different anyways =P. Pretty soon I'll be the only one with the old userpage. =P.

Quote by Crash-kunWOW a tutorial nice nice nice., and dont forget! never USE IE! in uploading. use Firefox. hehe i made that mistake once. >.<

Too bad IE is all I use, I've been staying away from Firefox cause I've got a BAD history with Mr. Fox....>.> Long story...I wasn't too fond of FF after that.....

Signature Image

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Awesome!!!! Excellent tutorial. :D
Thank you for this ehlp excentric XD

Signature

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

Dude! You rule.... actually, the slices didn't show at mine either when i opened the psd file.... hehe... ;_; ...now i know why my page looks a little screwed... haha...

ok, time to get busy here! ^_^' ...gotta use that stroked slice thing you made.... hope it works or you'll have to do with me... haha, no... just messin' :P

btw... nice windowblind themes now yeah? =] ...i don't wanna pay for it, therefore i suffer unskinned scrollbars, haha ;_;

Signature

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

they may help me alot if i want to customizee my userpage........thanx.....................

retire

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

ok dude.... it helped me about 25% ..... just check out my page..... looks more aligned.... but still.... they're out of the screen, kind of.... i'm using 1024x786... so i kind of thinks it's a lil' bogus..... i did everything in the tutorial... which by the way... was pretty good if i knew about the template slices a little earlier, haha =]

Signature

Well my Userpage is officially finished now. Thanks again everyone for the help :)

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

waaaii kashi sensei thankiu so much for sharing this tutorial with us! ^___^ i was so willing to know how! ^^ Oh yeah I have the same problem with tate. I dont have da slices on =/ well, i'll try to use da example you gave ^____^
Kashi You da MAN! :D Weeee kashi totemo kakoii!! XD
rofl, well enough bout 'u da man'.. :D BACK TO work!

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

mezzed

mezzed

Yakusoku Tenshi

im still having problems with this...becuz my pictures wont upload...is it because of my browser? myie2? well if anyone could upload my pictures for me that'd be great..and could you give your email so i can send the pictures to you through mail..

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

ok... kash.... i know now why my image slices are off-screen.... it's because ya'll are usin' that exaggerated screen resolution yeah!!!!! ;_; man... haha... :P

man... my laptop are unable to go any higher than 1024x786. And what happens.... hahaha.... man... *tears* ;_;

but wth... i can let it be without skinning it now yeah? haha ^_^

Signature

Xand: I'm using 1024 as well. XD *rofl* Had to take a screenshot and place it over the sample psd to see where the cutoffs would be. :) Just put some Guides up, and you should be set. Can stick the dimensions up here, if you want.

Good job on the tut, Exe! :Dm *salutes*

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by mezzedim still having problems with this...becuz my pictures wont upload...is
it because of my browser? myie2? well if anyone could upload my
pictures for me that'd be great..and could you give your email so i can
send the pictures to you through mail..

I think so. myIE2 was made based on IE so that could be the problem.
and for someone to upload for you meaning you not just have to give em their picture, you also have to give your acount.
so why dont you just try and get firefox? ^_^

Quote by xandmanok... kash.... i know now why my image slices are off-screen.... it's
because ya'll are usin' that exaggerated screen resolution yeah!!!!!
;_; man... haha... :P
man... my laptop are unable to go any higher than 1024x786. And what
happens.... hahaha.... man... *tears* ;_;
but wth... i can let it be without skinning it now yeah? haha ^_^

I know the feeling T_T
mine on 1280x1024 reso looks nice... but on lower reso like 1024x768 looks ugly since it looks like its cut off T_T

pinkdoremi

pinkdoremi

...Haro...

thank u so much for the wonderful tutorial *_*!!!
it worked out great ^-^

Signature
Plushie invasion coming ur way!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antique Fairy Tales
Graphics site that me, saki, euna, brommie, yune, and rockiee are part of ^-^ Come visit ussssss~

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

i have a question for the http://www.theanimewrld.com/02.jpg does our wallpaper have to be that size like what are the attrubutes of each box? (eg 100 x 500 that kinda thing) is there a size its suppost to be? because I dunno how to make my wallpaperthere exactly, and the blue lines, does that go ontop of my picitureor the picture is cut there? as in the 2 parts of the picture is on each side?

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

Quote by bucket-shotXand: I'm using 1024 as well. XD *rofl* Had to take a screenshot and place it over the sample psd to see where the cutoffs would be. :) Just put some Guides up, and you should be set. Can stick the dimensions up here, if you want.
Btw- just in case anybody wants them for some reason: Slice dimensions.311x201
720x201003x201311x738720x748311x010003x748...named from bg01 - bg07.
Good job on the tut, Exe! :Dm *salutes*

alrity then! haha... thanks mate *thumbs up* lemme see if i can fix it now yeah? =]
but there might be another problem.... if the normal slices looks good for 1280x1024 and bad for 1024x786.... then won't the new attributes look bad for 1280x1024 and good for the 1024's? hahaha.... you get it? ^_^'

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

thanks lot for the info i'll go try it right now.

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

so the totel of my background should be 1280x1024??? im still lost

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Umm, why should i download firefox just to upload slices? Thats quite a waste of my time -.-;

-uses IE instead- :nya:

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Vivid-ReinUmm, why should i download firefox just to upload slices? Thats quite a waste of my time -.-;
-uses IE instead- :nya:

haha I'm not saying you cant. but some people said the files cant be uploaded using IE. it works on firefox. I know that since I used firefox too. ^_^

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

aaaah thanks alot n_n ill be using this

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Exentric - you are the best!!! Thanks so much for this... (truthfully, I haven't read it yet but I will in a sec... xd)

page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.