Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

i dont have photoshop either, all I can do is change the color. My userpage looks so colorful. Ill have to settle, unless someone wants to make the slices and send them to me. *hint, hint* ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

Signature

Asahi

Asahi

gone

mmmh.. nice tutorial.. if i find time it will be usefull for me :D
we will see... for sure i wil be the last one which has the old one than.. nyhahhaha :nya: ^_^'

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

thx a million to exentric
this help so much
yeah don't use IE
use firefox
but this kinda layout seem
get pages to load more slower
or it just me ^_^'

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Thank you so much for the tutorial, it really helped out.

Also I wanted to let you know that images for headers can be 14 pixels high and tables can be 17 pixels high.

Signature Image

Quote by cloud811so the totel of my background should be 1280x1024??? im still lost

The total of the bg will be the total of the sliced psd. :) Btw, the slices are those blue lines. They won't show up. They're only where the image gets cut by Photoshop.

Quote by xandmanbut there might be another problem.... if the normal slices looks good for 1280x1024 and bad for 1024x786.... then won't the new attributes look bad for 1280x1024 and good for the 1024's? hahaha.... you get it? ^_^'

*rofl* Yeah, I suppose you can't win either way. XD Imo, you're the one who's going to be dealing with your own page the most, so do what looks good to your resolution.
Or mebbe figure out a way to extend the piccy to the left without making it look imbalanced. XD Eg. for my page, Peony's legs get cut off over the 1024 border. Luckily nothing too critical, heh.

thats really strange.. i had uploaded my images... but they aren't here.... LOOK!

Signature Image

ShiroiLina

ShiroiLina

Light & Dark Sorceress

i made all necessary things to make my userpage.. just can't upload the images.. ^^''' pity.. >.> after all the work.. ill retry tomorrow! if im in mood ill try firefox..

THANKS LOADS TO EXENTRIC FOR THE GREAT TUTORIAL IT WAS REALLY HELPFUL!!!! :D :D :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by xandmanok dude.... it helped me about 25% ..... just check out my page.....
looks more aligned.... but still.... they're out of the screen, kind
of.... i'm using 1024x786... so i kind of thinks it's a lil' bogus.....
i did everything in the tutorial... which by the way... was pretty good
if i knew about the template slices a little earlier, haha =]

Okay i've been experiencing this out of the screen thing to...what happens is; when MT loads you first see the whole background image, namely in its full size, suddenly it gets pushed over to the left by 140 pixels.... maybe check my userpage. i just left 140 px white in the skin template and starte working off from there....also i calculated the exact size of the links to make the boxes around them...

Asahi

Asahi

gone

Quote: Btw- just in case anybody wants them for some reason: Slice dimensions.
311x201
720x201
003x201
311x738
720x748
311x010
003x748
...named from bg01 - bg07.

i have the same .. and it doesnt work. i have used firefox too. can someone help me .. with the upload of th jpg's. please .. XO

or does it only work of you (i) set the colors ? and what the hell for what is every field exactly ? it dont help me much if there is written: box background (what is the box background .. the right o left side ??) or what is the difference between a table and a box .. for example ? i am totally confused of it .

help me

~ a young & confusing lady.
asahi *unhappy*

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

I looked at exentric userpage, and it seemed that it slid the images to the left... Should i make my images farther to the right so that they dont fall off the page? or did you just happen to shift the to the left yourself?? -implodes-

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Quote by Vivid-ReinI looked at exentric userpage, and it seemed that it slid the images to the left... Should i make my images farther to the right so that they dont fall off the page? or did you just happen to shift the to the left yourself?? -implodes-

I have not completed my background yet, but from what I can tell it seems that you may have to shift your main character or main focus of your background over about 125 pixels.

I have an example here: http://www.petspawnsandimports.com/images/misc/walls/Image1.jpg

The grey part is the area that will be visible. If I am wrong can someone correct me please.

Signature Image

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by thePeacemaker

Quote by Vivid-ReinI looked at exentric userpage, and it seemed that it
slid the images to the left... Should i make my images farther to the
right so that they dont fall off the page? or did you just happen to
shift the to the left yourself?? -implodes-

I have not completed my background yet, but from what I can tell it
seems that you may have to shift your main character or main focus of
your background over about 125 pixels.
I have an example here:
http://www.petspawnsandimports.com/images/misc/walls/Image1.jpg
The grey part is the area that will be visible. If I am wrong can
someone correct me please.

yah thats about right
you have to shift teh character right a bit
I did for mine but thats as far I wan to
because I dont want the navigation to be on top of the character

You've got it exactly, Peace. :) Except that I think it shifts downward, too. Took a screenshot for placement when putting my page together, and this is what it's like for 1024s: http://img119.exs.cx/img119/1699/sc.jpg

Quote by Asahidoes it only work of you (i) set the colors ? and what the hell for what is every field exactly ? it dont help me much if there is written: box background (what is the box background .. the right o left side ??) or what is the difference between a table and a box .. for example ? i am totally confused of it

Hm, okay. ^_^' I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I'll try to help.
After uploading the images, you need to set the colours in the new window that pops up before the images will work. And the colours need to look something like this: #12CD34

Hm, as for which field is what... I've put together some screencaps for the ones I know. Click on the words to be taken to a piccy. XD
[edit] *rofl* Okay, thanks exe! :) The links and that are up the top now.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Asahi
i have the same .. and it doesnt work. i have used firefox too. can
someone help me .. with the upload of th jpg's. please .. XO or does it
only work of you (i) set the colors ? and what the hell for what is
every field exactly ? it dont help me much if there is written: box
background (what is the box background .. the right o left side ??) or
what is the difference between a table and a box .. for example ? i am
totally confused of it . help me
~ a young & confusing lady. asahi *unhappy*

I wanna help ya but I dont even understand what yer saying.. ^_^"
maybe bucket-shot can since she understodd what you said. ^_^"

Asahi

Asahi

gone

@exe: a bucket-shot ? what is this O.o" gnaaaa . really nothing of my post ? ;__; is my english sooooooo bad ? or makes the post you confusing ?

------------------------------

edit:

okay i see. i can testing with one color first. but i have a problem. .. the bg01 and 02 are NOT suitable from the high of the pxl size. ... >___< what are the right sizes ?

Quote: 311x201
720x201
003x201

in the browser window it will cut me the top up .. doesnt look good. -> about hmm.. ~ 30 pxl or 20 pxl less..

edit 02:
well.. i have it ! in ff works it right and in ie not. but i saw EXE's userpage with IE correctly... but not mine. its not fair ;____;

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Asahi, you post was simple confusing @_@
the top part is cut but just a lilttle, when I use IE it was cut alot. so the problem is with browser integration. whatever size you use, it'll still be cut.
changing the size of it wont fix it.
and btw, your userpage to me, in firefox looks fine but cut on top with ie.

Asahi

Asahi

gone

yeah sorry.. i making a lot of people confusing ^_^' ~ you are not alone :nya:

thank you for you help ... <3

than i MUST only use the ff now for mt .. doesnt matter much .
i hope other people will do it too (because of the right view of (all) userpages ) . :) :)

now i have one too^^ it looks great, but the only thing which is in my way... is the little picture left under the fields.......

Signature Image

Wow thanks exentric, that tutorial was easy to understand....I can understand how to
do this alot more. :)

*rofl* XD <-bucket-shot *waves at Asahi*
That's one of the funniest things I've heard all day, no offence. :D I'm easily amused.
Anyways, your English isn't that bad. :) Maybe it's because I'm used to the half-english my parents' Asian-migrant friends speak, heh.
In any case! I'm glad you figured your problem out. :)

Asahi

Asahi

gone

@bucket-shot : look up my gb entry on your u.p. :D *blush*

thats painfully ^^°°°°°

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Ah thank you so much for this tutorial my userpage is all done and great now, I couldn't have done it without you...

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

moving this to arts and design, also pinning it :P

Signature

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

That's really helpful. Thanks a bunch; I think I may try a theme before attempting a wall.

Signature Image

page 2 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.