Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

aaaah i love you exentric *hugs* it was a pain in the ass but thanks to you, i finally could make my userpage T_T XD thx thx thx

ded113

The Grunge Princess

This is VERY helpful!! I'm gonna try it! Hope mine work out good like many people!!

Edit: It works great!! It's almost done, but words of advice: pick your colors BEFORE you upload! Learned that the hard way!

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Hooly.... ^^
This tutorial is great!! i can't wait to practising it...
Exentric, you're awesome dude... If you were a girl I would make you my gf XD rofl j.k.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

RamzaSedai

RamzaSedai

Aes Sedai

Thanks for the awesome tutorial, I can't wait to give it a shot. However, I do have two preliminary questions. One, does anyone know if the uploading will work in Opera? I would never have even dreamed of trying it in IE, but I don't really like Mozilla that much either, so I'd not like to download it unless I absolutely have to.

The other thing:

Quote by DarkParagonFYI:

Not sure what program was used to create the template but I had trouble with it in Photoshop and ImageReady 7 and no troubles in Photoshop and ImageReady CS.

I can't see slices on the Template PSD in my Photoshop, and I'm using 7. Would upgrading to CS fix the problem?

"Silly demigod, Trix are for kids!"

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by RamzaSedaiThanks for the awesome tutorial, I can't wait to give it a shot.
However, I do have two preliminary questions. One, does anyone know if
the uploading will work in Opera? I would never have even dreamed of
trying it in IE, but I don't really like Mozilla that much either, so
I'd not like to download it unless I absolutely have to. The other
thing:

Quote by DarkParagonFYI: Not sure what program was used to create
the template but I had trouble with it in Photoshop and ImageReady 7
and no troubles in Photoshop and ImageReady CS.

I can't see slices on the Template PSD in my Photoshop, and I'm using
7. Would upgrading to CS fix the problem?

well..
1. Why you dont you just try uploading it with Opera and see if it works.
2. yes alotta of people cant see the slices. I'm not sure upgrading to CS will fix it or not, but howeber you can use this
http://www.theanimewrld.com/Photoshop%20Skin%20Template.jpg
its basically the .psd in the skin-package with the slices stroked. you just need to make the slice yourself. I know its annoying to make da slice yourself, but alotta ppl have this problem and I have no idea why nor a way to fix it.

Hm, Inono. :\ I use the CS set and never had a problem. *shrugs* Maybe it is. In any case, you could be exe's guinea pig to find out.. fufufu~ X3

RamzaSedai

RamzaSedai

Aes Sedai

I suppose I will be the guinea pig, at that. ^_~ I'm gonna be getting the CS suite by this weekend at the latest, so we'll see what we see. Hopefully it'll work out. On a related note, Bucket-shot, I noticed you've got some fancy coding in your userpage (headers and thumbnails and these sorts of things). Could you tell me how to do that? I'm assuming it's HTML or similar, but I don't know html; and I'd really like to be able to do those things.

"Silly demigod, Trix are for kids!"

Evolution-

Evolution-

Completed

If you use photoshop CS just do this to see the slices.

View --> Show --> Slices

That should make the slices visible for all of you.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Evolution-If you use photoshop CS just do this to see the slices.
View --> Show --> Slices
That should make the slices visible for all of you.

haha
yah that moght also work for some newbies.
but for some people, like tatekane, the slices itself are corrupted so cant help ya there except use da stroked picture =/

Evolution-

Evolution-

Completed

If the slices are corrupt try to download the .psd with the slices again, that might work.

GANTZ

GANTZ

Some live...Some Die

pfff..mine still don't work....and i don't know if it is because im not using firefox or not....

i give it a try...because the other thing are all corectly and only the backgroud images are not coming the collors are set ...i'm a litle confused...

melfice

melfice

Dark

Uhmm! needed this tutorial! i hope i do a pretty page for myself!

Signature

Quote by RamzaSedaiOn a related note, Bucket-shot, I noticed you've got some fancy coding in your userpage (headers and thumbnails and these sorts of things). Could you tell me how to do that? I'm assuming it's HTML or similar, but I don't know html; and I'd really like to be able to do those things.

Ah~ sorry for taking so long to reply to this! ^_^' <-totally forgot about checking back on this thread.

Um... well, I don't actually know html either. XD I just butchered my userpage/gallery's source code (go View > Page Source [firefox]/Source [ie]). Bits of gb posts, headers, gallery thumbs and the like. :) Substitution, trial and error. I'm sorry I can't exactly remember how I did it.
Anyways, good luck, Rams!

Wll done,with out the help provied I coulde not have gotten this done.I was yelling at my Greek mate over seas asking for help ^_^

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Somethings wrong, the slices aren't showing up on my photoshop. :(

Edited: Never mind, I sliced it myself.

Edited again: For some reason, when I attemp to edit the colors and preview it, they appear to be the same as before o_O I'm trying to make the box background transparent, can anyone help?

Signature

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

Oy, I was testing something out, and found something wierd. My userpage is done now, and I've checked, the slices were all the right size, the final images are properly size. Anyway, I've found that using either IE or Avant browser (Avant is based off IE) the top is cut off. Not only in my userpage, but just in browsing MT anywhere else. In IE, the top and the left is both cut off. However, in Firefox, there is too much space at the top. The top is then tiled. But browsing with default skin in FF is fine....

How strange...

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by ultimaslairOy, I was testing something out, and found something wierd. My userpage
is done now, and I've checked, the slices were all the right size, the
final images are properly size. Anyway, I've found that using either IE
or Avant browser (Avant is based off IE) the top is cut off. Not only
in my userpage, but just in browsing MT anywhere else. In IE, the top
and the left is both cut off. However, in Firefox, there is too much
space at the top. The top is then tiled. But browsing with default skin
in FF is fine....
How strange...

yes the left is cut off. we know that. same as the top.
but the background being tiled... that we dunno...
maybe ut has to do with big resolutions.

btw, your userpage, in lower resolution (1152,1024) cloud cant be seen.

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

nice tutorial^^...I want to try this out.....but.....
I have a question....
for the pics we use on our userpage do they have to be only from pics we've drawn or scanned? can we use other peoples? do we ask them?....or just use them...and they won't mind...?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Amaranthnice tutorial^^...I want to try this out.....but.....
I have a question....
for the pics we use on our userpage do they have to be only from pics
we've drawn or scanned? can we use other peoples? do we ask them?....or
just use them...and they won't mind...?

use ur stuff. if u wanna use other ppl stuff, ask them 1st if you can use em or not.

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

k thank you^^....goes off to find piccies....

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

ahh... kash, i bow before you.... what a lifesaver man..... now, it's time to put my artistic skills to work yeah? Of course XD hahaha....

Signature

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

I have ure same problem boogy,just erase the cookies o.o,cya later!

K I R A B O S H I !

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

just a little question.....I was wondering what are the little pieces on the side and bottom for? like on the userpage where do you see it?
sorry if someone asked before .....but I didn't see it when I skimmed over the 5 pages....

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Amaranthjust a little question.....I was wondering what are the little pieces
on the side and bottom for? like on the userpage where do you see it?
sorry if someone asked before .....but I didn't see it when I skimmed
over the 5 pages....

thats the repeated background
as you can see from MT default layout, u can see that very long libe going down and down
those are em
its repeated till the end of page. but a lot of people would just like em be empty. like me. ^_^

page 3 of 17 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.