Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 17 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

It's my new one, but how can you see it, but I cannot? Strange..

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

that how much I have no idea ^_^"""
probably something wrong with your browser or computer ^_^"
try restarting your browser or computer. ^_^"""

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

I've restarted my PC/Broswer, Turned off my Firewall, and clear cache about 3 times and still no effect. and Yes I'm using FireFox, IE can't even display it.

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

I've tried it over and over but no result. I try to changed the CSS colors but the Layout always remains the same. Im not sure what it is but I can't change anything on my page. Maybe It's just me but im sure no once else can see the changes on my page either.

Oh and Kozumaru... Nice Page.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by KozumuraI've restarted my PC/Broswer, Turned off my Firewall, and clear cache
about 3 times and still no effect. and Yes I'm using FireFox, IE can't
even display it.

well I don't know then kozumura ^_^"""
i mean your userpage is working just fine to me. I don't know why your the one that can't see em. ^_^"

Quote by SytheI've tried it over and over but no result. I try to changed the CSS
colors but the Layout always remains the same. Im not sure what it is
but I can't change anything on my page. Maybe It's just me but im sure
no once else can see the changes on my page either. Oh and Kozumaru...
Nice Page.

you can't even change the color? o_O
did u add '#' infront of the hex code?
I mean like, I've heard a few people who cant view the images, but I sure havent heard not being able to change even the color...

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

x_x!!!! how come other people can see it now, but I can't?!?! werid...

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

Quote by exentric
you can't even change the color? o_O
did u add '#' infront of the hex code?
I mean like, I've heard a few people who cant view the images, but I
sure havent heard not being able to change even the color...

It's True, ever since I joined MT I worked on getting my Userpage to look nice, but so far... nothing. I add the # sign before the hex codes and it even re-directs me back to my page. But when I get rid of the cache and reload, still nothing changes.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Sythe
It's True, ever since I joined MT I worked on getting my Userpage to
look nice, but so far... nothing. I add the # sign before the hex codes
and it even re-directs me back to my page. But when I get rid of the
cache and reload, still nothing changes.

hmm..
I guess its a bug in MT then
coz, usually even if you cant view the image, color can still be changed.
you might wanna report this.

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

I would but I don't know how. I'll just wait and see if it gets fixed by itself. I've been messing around with it but it seems like other people can still change they're color layout but I can't for some reason. By any chance is there certain codes you can and can't use?

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

nope
all code can be use
like #ffffff, or #000000
any code can be use.
there's no restriction for all I know. ^_^

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Help me, O wise one. I seem to be having a problem uploading my new userpage, or even changing back to default layout. I have no idea why, no matter how many times I try refreshing and clearing my cache's, it still won't work. Can you enlighten me?

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

sorry cant boogybro
this is some new bug in MT
I'm currently have the same problem as well
no matter how many time I upload, it still with the old layout.
hafta open a thread in suggestion & complaints about this... >_<

btw, your userpage seems to be showing fine
its an orange layout with the character in your avatar. right?

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

Here is a link to what I did to my page and how it looks afterwards. Im pretty sure I did everything right but still no results.

http://venus.walagata.com/w/kidrpg/CSS_help.JPG
and this is what it keeps giving me... Help please.
http://venus.walagata.com/w/kidrpg/CSS_help_2.JPG

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Same

But you can't do anything about it Sythe - mine's been like that since yesterday, of course.
http://s04.imagehost.org/1350/Avalon.jpg

It's a bug, like exentric pointed out earlier. Your CCS results hasn't changed though - funny. I believe only the background function works for me. Try it again.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

It's kind of funny because I have been trying to get it to work for about a week now. I can't get anything to work and I've tried everything. It would be nice if there is a simple problem and a simple solution but hey maybe it is something wrong with MT, and they might fix it later.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Hey don't worry about it - I'm still here to help you actually - we've been at this for quite a while.

Are you sure you can't seem to get the CCS to still work? Here - let me help you with a suggestion.

Change to Default Skin on the menu - its okay - you got a printout of your screen saved - so you can always refer to it to put in the right hex colors again. Then input the same #?????? as you did before. Tell me when you are ready - and I'll come and check yours out again.

Funny - at least the CCS should work Sythe.
It should - since the CCS at least is working out for me too.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

I know, It should work, I'll try it a little more later.

And Thanks for caring, you are a really nice and cool person. Anyways you already told me to change it to defualt and do it over, any other suggestions? Maybe I am doing something wrong if you can change the CSS colors but I can't.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Hm... How about this Sythe - leave your Background CCS Template blank - don't put anything on it - in fact - try them all out one by one by removing the #?????? and seeing if the problem lies mainly there.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if I can help you at all.

Try this for your background ONLY:

<Blank> No background layout
#FFFFFF

White and black - simple - yours is still the same as before, hope it changes for the better. Good luck now.

Signature

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

I tried what you suggested and leaving the BG blank and fixing everything else. I haven't tried adding only one or two colors and seeing if they show up yet but I have little faith. Since I have done it already the first few times I tried to change the CSS color scheme.
I might try again later but it doesn't seem to work.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Stupid today question by me: n.n how can i made a table transparent?

K I R A B O S H I !

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

put it blank ^_^
dun put any code and just leave it blank and it will be transparent ^_^
a lil note here, ppl tend to not like transparent box. ^_^

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

Thanks for the help! :D

One question though, when you open the photoshop skin template, there are a bunch of empty layers with the name of minitokyo, gallery, forum, members, and support. Are they the layers for the buttons?

Another thing, about the menu/table headers. You gave the dimensions for them in the slices section, am I suppose to make slices for them too? But where do they go?

Sorry if the questions are, uh, a little on the low IQ side. But, I don't know photoshop that well to begin with anyways.

Signature

EternalBlue

EternalBlue

Crystal Eternity

The layers minitokyo, gallery, forum, etc are basically just to show you where each link is. If you want to edit them by all means go ahead, just try not to make it too extravagent or you might not be able to see the text ;) They're just there as placemarkers in my opinion.

The menu/table headers can be made seperately. Just create em and save them wherever you want, although it helps to save them with your skin, so you don't have to go searching for them when you upload lol. Don't worry about learning photoshop, just play around and see what you can get out of it. If you ever want something specific, you can look up tutorials(there's plenty around, just surf google or something) or you could ask how around and see if anyone knows how ^^ Hope that helps ;)

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

like eternalblue said,
the menu/table are made in different file.

and those layers are just placemakers showing where the menu navigation goes. ^_^

page 6 of 17 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next » 408 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.