Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 does anyone understand Pokemon? - Minitokyo

does anyone understand Pokemon?

Tagged under Pokémon

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

sword

sword

wuzzahh

man.. whats up with this show?! its totally confusing and i dont know whats happening half the time. whats with this crazy furball jumping up and down going pika pika! in this kid's pants?! someone help me out plz!!

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

i didnt get it either :x
something about poke......balls....right?

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

yeah what's up with this show? what those little creatures?

i feel something is very deep about this anime...i guess pokemon is suppose to represent slavery, and the pokemon trainers are suppose to symbolize plantation owners? they supress the creatures by putting them in a confined ball, just like the plantation owner gave inadquete food and space for their slaves. the pokemon is expected total obedience as they fight their own kind for the pleasure of their "trainers." i feel that this show was made to teach the kids on why slavery is bad and can never be repeated in the course of history again.

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

erm.... what's there not to get? pokemon are supposedly the animals in this world and trainers catch them to basically make them their pets and friends... there's really not much to it... ^_^'

EDIT::
HAHAHA!!!!! XD that is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.... Quite an interesting theory, that it is, sammo... XD I actually thought that the purpose of the show was completely the opposite... From my point of view, the show tells us about how we should be able to treat animals as our equals in the real world just like they do in the show. Not to show that the animals are our slaves or servants but to show that they can be out friends as well.... but OMGosh!!! that is truly hilarious! XD XD XD

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

I just thought it was about little kids playing with their balls... If you do it long enough eventually out pops a surprise.... "squirtle".

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by winterlilac09erm.... what's there not to get? pokemon are supposedly the animals in
this world and trainers catch them to basically make them their pets
and friends... there's really not much to it... ^_^'

pets or eternal slaves? im not so sure. it sounds like kidnapping; what if the pokemon creatures do not want to leave their natural habitat? it's like the slaves, who were reluctant to leave their african homes but were forced to do so for the benefit of colonists :(

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

omg, i just love that show, pika-chuu ^_^'
...go to hell :angry:

sword

sword

wuzzahh

hmm sammo....i kind of get it now!! pokemon are the oppressed and represents the hardships of antebellum. their screams and cries of "pika pika!! and chuu chuu!! are ignored by the general public and the civil rights movement of the poketheball brigade has yet to occur. the wild ones are angry horny little men trying to get their way in life but get stuck in my balls instead *cough kev cough*

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

erm.... not to be disrespectful, sammo but have you ever even watched the show?? I mean, another way to see it is that who would really make an anime like that for lil kids to represent that type of thing? Do really think that they makers of this anime <-- (if you would consider it anime) would expect little kids to get that?

Signature Image

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

yea i get it, some annoying kid wants to be the world's greatest slave-driver, i mean trainer, ...like that will ever happen there's allready been like 100+ episodes and he's nowhere close..best to just give up

Signature Image

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

yes, ive watch this series and analyzed it many times. they incorporate cuteness to impair the ability to distinguish the fact that the anime is purely hung up on slavery. the relationship between pokemon and its owner is cruel. they force pokemons to fight using elemental attacks, which also implies heathan barbarism. the relationship is almost parasitical in that while the pokemons are forced to do the biddings of its owner, it gets nothing in return! (just like how slaves were NOT paid!). in the end, the pokemons must be satisifed with what little chance they get to spend outside when they are not forced to stay in the pokeball, which symbolizes slave catchers.

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

^_^' o wow.... never have i seen the meaning of this show be distorted in so many ways.... XD guys, have any of you actually seen the first movie of pokemon? the entire thing was talking about how you should treat pokemon as your friends and NOT as slaves.... ^_^'

Signature Image

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

oh yea i saw the 1st movie all right, they said that every pokemon was in it, the only thing i got was a big rip-off ^_^'

Signature Image

sword

sword

wuzzahh

i loooooove yoouuuuuu, you loveeeemeeeeeeee, weeeeeee alllll liiiiveeee asss a happy faaamillyyyyyyy with a great big hugg and a ...wait thats barney..shit..

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by winterlilac09^_^' o wow.... never have i seen the meaning of this show be distorted in so many ways.... XD guys, have any of you actually seen the first movie of pokemon? the entire thing was talking about how you should treat pokemon as your friends and NOT as slaves.... ^_^'

i have read the sypnosis of the first movie of pokemon chronicles, and that confirms my belief that pokemon was geared on slavery awareness.

in it, mewtwo is symbolized as Malcom X, an aggressive equal rights movement who believed that equality can only be achieved through brute force. he was supressed by the president of team rocket, or "slave owner." once he realized that it was not color, but the heart inside of him that made people equal, he decided to use his massive psychic power to help the world see the truth. in contrast, pikachu represents Martin Luther King Jr. who believed in civil right disobedience, which can be seen when he refused to fight his cloned pikachu as it bish slapped him multiple times. mew in this seris can be see as the Frederick Douglass of pokemon, who paved the way for black equality through series of oratory speech and publication of North Star.

pokemon also invades the territory of racism; i remember reading an article where one of the east european country banned pokemon because one of the pokemon, alakazam, was thought to paradize the country's flag, or something of that extent. it also deals heavily in demonic powers that take control of mother nature in forms of manipulatoin of fire, water, electricity, earth, and even psychic, which can be seen as a heretic reading.

pokemon also deals with affairs and homosexualism; in japanese uncensored version, professor oak falls in love with ash's widowed mother. james is thought to be a homosexual, and brock is unable to control his teenage hormones and is put on a leash by his real slave, misty.

@ Sword's last post: Isn't that spam?

Oh well...wow Sammo. That's really deep @_@.
i understood; it's like a trainer like makes their
"pet thing" more powerful from fighting and they
wanted to get lots of pets as well as strong pets.
That's the best way I could put it ^_^'

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by afani understood; it's like a trainer like makes their
"pet thing" more powerful from fighting and they
wanted to get lots of pets as well as strong pets.
That's the best way I could put it ^_^'

exactly! just like how the trainers gain prestige by using their pokemon, the slave owners gain power and money by using their slaves to cultivate their lands! (mostly cotton!)

sword

sword

wuzzahh

spam is in the eyes of the beholder. my spam is productive because it spreads looove anddd peacccee!!~ you just lack my ubar skills~

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

this is what i'll try to do ... i'll try and explain a little of the confusion of each person.

Quote by thegunblademasteroh yea i saw the 1st movie all right, they said that every pokemon was in it, the only thing i got was a big rip-off ^_^'

that movie only had all the pokemon that were drawn/ know to the "pokemon universe" so in fact all the poke mon were in that movie only up to that moment ing time.
says is true about the movie it did seem like a lot of the world's problems was channeled through the movie

Quote by thegunblademasteryea i get it, some annoying kid wants to be the world's greatest slave-driver, i mean trainer, ...like that will ever happen there's allready been like 100+ episodes and he's nowhere close..best to just give up

eventhough that it has been up to 100= episodes you may tell him to give up, but the point of the show is to never give up and to always persue your dreams.
oh yeah and while i'm writing this i'm not sure if i read all the posts so you may already know some of these things...sorry ifyou already know

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

actually, i'm beginning to see why you would see pokemon as a symbol of that, sammo. still, i'd say it's probably going a bit to deep into it, but your outlook upon it is respectable. haha... it's just from my point of view, u seem to be a tad bit more into it than you should be, don't ya think? ^.~ ^_^' well... whatever floats your boat, sammo tho i can't say i disagree with your analysis. :)

Signature Image

i used to watch pokemon. now i don't anymore. i like to play the game though. i saw only 6 seasons of Pokemon. a few episodes from the 7th.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Ah, Sammo let these kids off the hook. I sure hope your kidding, about your theory. Its just stupid. <---no Offence intended. Pokemon has nothing to do with slavery, thats crazy talk.In the show none of the pokemon are forced to do anything against there will, which is implyed in slavery. The pokemon are there friends, and in the show if they want to leave at any time, the pokemon's can. Sammo you can make a theory like yours fit anything if you try hard enough. I watched tons of the episodes and slavery come on, let be real. So are animals we catch and put in the zoo our slaves, nope.

Pokemon is really about selling products

Signature

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

Quote by kastelic4444Ah, Sammo let these kids off the hook. I sure hope your kidding, about your theory. Its just stupid. &lt;---no Offence intended. Pokemon has nothing to do with slavery, thats crazy talk. The pokemon are there friends, and in the show if they want to leave at any time, the pokemon's can. Sammo you can make a theory like yours fit anything if you try hard enough. I watched tons of the episodes and slavery come on, let be real. So are animals we catch and put in the zoo our slaves, nope.

O.O Thank you!!! ::finally... someone who sees it from my perspective..... -.-::

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by winterlilac09

Quote by kastelic4444Ah, Sammo let these kids off the hook. I
sure hope your kidding, about your theory. Its just stupid. &lt;---no
Offence intended. Pokemon has nothing to do with slavery, thats crazy
talk. The pokemon are there friends, and in the show if they want to
leave at any time, the pokemon's can. Sammo you can make a theory like
yours fit anything if you try hard enough. I watched tons of the
episodes and slavery come on, let be real. So are animals we catch and
put in the zoo our slaves, nope.

O.O Thank you!!! ::finally... someone who sees it from my
perspective..... -.-::

I just think he's just haveing fun with you guys. At least he made me laugh. It was kinda funny. Hahah :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.