Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Userpage Music - Good or Bad? - Minitokyo

Userpage Music - Good or Bad?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

So I was one of those people that found music on people's userpages really annoying... I mean I'm at work, wanna do a quick bit of browsing and through my speakers comes some gawd-aweful midi song that makes everyone wonder what the hell I'm doing....

Then... I made my userpage and put music on it! ;P Hypocrite? Probably.... I'm not going to detail any excuses ;) I'm just wondering what everyone else's opinion is... like it? hate it? or don't give a crap?

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hahaha..... i have megaman midi music on my game vault group.... and i got an mp3 on my userpage..... besides, i appreciate any good music as long as it's not annoying.

But i voted for dont care because it depends on what audio it is =]

Signature

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

Yes it is very annoying for me, since i rather dont like midi tones and so....... its bad! :/ And the pages are loading a bit more slowly....

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Music is good, but sometimes annoying if the viewing person has control to stop it , pause and play it if they wish.

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

:: Cough. :: Don't visit my userpage. <__<;;;

Phwee, I like music on userpages.. sort of tells you about the person, and their tastes and such. X3;; If it's annoying, you could always turn off the speakers.. e.e;;

Signature

keenan83

keenan83

Commander

lol well i have gundam wing theme on my userpage and the naruto ending in my group page wich im sure DarkParagon knows of lol but yeah it can get annoying sometimes but i got used to it

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

i like music on userpages, got blink 182 on mine, though like what keenan said, it can get a bit annoying after a while

Signature Image

Asahi

Asahi

gone

i dont like music which i cannt make off. >___> .

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

I like it sometimes... but it can be pretty annoying/frightening too if the song just blasted LIKE THIS !!!!!!

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

Quote by Asahii dont like music which i cannt make off. &gt;___&gt; .

Man! I can't put music on my userpage :angry: ^_^' .
Too stupid to figure out how the code works ^_^'

Mabui

Mabui

Ai no Message

I like music as long as it doesn't start really powerful, cause that makes me spill my Coca-Cola. :nya:

God is just something mankind made up so they could blame everything that they couldn't explain on something.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I don't like midi music. But there are codes to put a media player into web pages to play mp3s, and there's a pause/stop button on the song. That's acceptable, but must be hard on people on dialup.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

depend
but mostly don't like it
coz
yeah i have same problem as dark paragon
when i brow in office
sometimes the page i view make sound
and my boss mad me for that
yeah, it's better if the feature of it can be off or on depend on the user that view it

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Depends actually...I prefered none though, becasue I often have winamp on while browsing. XD

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

haha, happened the same thing as you, but inverse. i had music on mine several times but then decided it annoyed pple mora than anything, and yes, when ur in public place and that horribly loud jpop song begins....well..........yeah

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

if it fades in, i can turn it off quickly or choose to listen if it's good. most of it sucks though and is irritating.

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

nariko

nariko

RAWR!

yepyep some music is indeed very annoying, i just turn off my speakers or something, but some other's are actually nice^^

Signature

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

Peronsall,y it would really depend, if the music fits the userpage. I'd say it's okay, but midi's get soo annoying .. x_o! I would try and put something that's worth listneing to.

Foolish-ishness

Foolish-ishness

.:Obaka-san:.

I find it really annoying. Most of the time when I'm on my computer I listen to my own MP3s. If I go to someone's userpage and they have music on, it clashes with my mp3s >_<

Signature Image

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

I think it's okay, as long that they have a button to deactivate the music, in case some visitor of the userpage doesn't like it.
Besides of that, I don't really care.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

If i want music, i would open my winamp @_@

Signature

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

yeah, i would open my winamp as well.... or else it would be a waste of space on my harddrive.
but i think putting music up here is more of a human psychology-thing... to show that this and that music is the best and so on... there might be other reasons, but i don't care too much about it.

besides, i got music on my userpage, so i think it would scare most people away, yet attract the same amount of visitors. It's a question about taste... =]

Signature

I like the music on userpages, I got dir en grey on mine....i think its cool. :)

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

hehe ^^ well, i used to, it wasn't music, it was a welcome laugh :D, but i take it off because my page sometimes takes to much time to load =P

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.