Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Changing gender under personal settings - Minitokyo

Changing gender under personal settings

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I feel that the gender section is not changeable no matter how many times I've changed it.. Is it because of the radio buttons? Does changing it to checkboxes make it any better?

Signature

My feeling is that gender should be fixed; once you select it, it shouldn't be changeable afterwards. I've seen too many gender / age games played on other boards ("I'm a guy! Really! No, I'm really, really a girl! Really!") that it gets old.

If it's really bothering you, contact Sheqel in a PM. You'll probably need to provide reasons why gender needs to be changed.

EDIT: An easier alternative would be to create a new login. I have to admit, the name "guest" does not inspire confidence.

synkr0nized

crimson angel

I for one am all for not having it.... Which one is the "default" ?
Of course, that leaves plenty of opportunity for things like you've mentioned, miketo. Where I'm coming from, though, is that gender on a forum and community isn't really that important (barring, of course, instances in which communication here may or does lead to interaction in real life). One's thoughts and opinions and comments should be considered the same regardless.

Though I'm sure people can provide instances in which it's worthwhile to know....

As the saying goes, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog." I take gender and age information here with a grain of salt unless other information comes along to confirm or deny it. I know some folks here who do not match their profile info; no big deal, since I'm more interested in what they have to say than who the person is saying it.

Quote by miketoMy feeling is that gender should be fixed; once you select it, it
shouldn't be changeable afterwards. I've seen too many gender / age
games played on other boards ("I'm a guy! Really! No, I'm really,
really a girl! Really!") that it gets old.
If it's really bothering you, contact Sheqel in a PM. You'll probably
need to provide reasons why gender needs to be changed.
EDIT: An easier alternative would be to create a new login. I have to
admit, the name "guest" does not inspire confidence.

I really hope that i can change my login name cause it's really not significant but getting a new account means getting started all over again which really is troublesome. :(

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.