Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Signature Image Suggestion. - Minitokyo

Signature Image Suggestion.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Now that signature images over 30KB are disabled, I was wondering something. Could the signature image code be modified to allow images hosted offsite if they are within the signature image size standards? I spent several hours too many pulling video and making an animated sig that I wanted to host offsite, only to find that I couldn't use it.

I don't know if this would be possible or if it would turn into something that would be abused. I've noticed people linking to offsite animated signatures in their sigs, but I think there could be a better option.

That is a reasonable suggestion. Since this is an art site, and people take just as much effort in creating sig art as wall art, there should be few restrictions. Allowing off-site storage is a reasonable compromise, and if anything gets posted that doesn't meet MT's standards it can still be reported. Perhaps one of the additional effects of restricted membership is no art for avatars or sigs?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I remember in MT 1.0 the sigs were all linked offsite. However somewhere along the way, it was modified so that you have to upload the sig to the site and link there using a specific tag (the sigimg tag). iirc, the explanation was that it was to make sure the sig sizes were appropriate and not going to stretch the screen too far horiziontally or vertically.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by Tama-NekoI remember in MT 1.0 the sigs were all linked offsite. However somewhere along the way, it was modified so that you have to upload the sig to the site and link there using a specific tag (the sigimg tag). iirc, the explanation was that it was to make sure the sig sizes were appropriate and not going to stretch the screen too far horiziontally or vertically.

I figured there was a way to do it, but the size issue was my concern. I don't know whether people will be able to keep to the max sig image sizes. I think if everyone decides to be mature about it (which... well, that doesn't always happen here) then it could work. Well, in theory, anyway. If I have any ideas about actually implementing it, I'll post them.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.