Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 have you ever seen a japanese ceremony of tea before? - Minitokyo

have you ever seen a japanese ceremony of tea before?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

i ask this because i will see one next week !!! and i'm very impatient to see it !!!

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

Ooh~ lucky you! XD I haven't... I imagine that it would be very soothing, though.
Tell me all about it when you return, okay? :)

I haven't but I hope to participate one day. I have two copies of "The Book of Tea" by Okakura Kakuzo (1906) and love the ideals built into the ceremony. I'll go through some training first before I participate -- wouldn't want to be a crass barbarian and ruin the ceremony for the others.

You should let us know how it went so we can dwell on it as well. I, personally, have never seen one, so it'll be a new experience to me :)

If beauty is only skin deep, get the best skin XD

I've heard something like that before... but have never seen one.

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

Awww...I never had a chance! XO And would wish to! XD
Yeah~ please do tell us about it later, okie Soryane-chan? *wink*

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

Seen it. Nothing to it. You will need patients. Something like chinese tea preparation. But more preparation. And practice the sitting. You will be in that posture for some time.

valsimot

wingless

you couldn't sneak a camera in the could you (cell phone camera is tiny)? i'd love see even a minute.

once a warrior for the cause,
now shamed and disgraced,
banished from my world,
wingless i walk this one...

I've only seen one on tv, a documentary.

You must say "Kekkou na Otemae deshita" (Good job!!) even if tea tastes too bad XO
anyway, i hope you enjoy! :)

Quote by eatmanYou must say "Kekkou na Otemae deshita" (Good job!!) even if tea tastes too bad XO
anyway, i hope you enjoy! :)

i'll try to remember it ^^ thanks !!!

Quote by Hikari87Awww...I never had a chance! XO And would wish to! XD
Yeah~ please do tell us about it later, okie Soryane-chan? *wink*

of course i'll tell you guys ^^ i'm a lucky girl (that's probably the first time ! i haven't luck in my pathetic life !) there is only one place by classes !!! and i'm the winner of mine ! hehehe ^_^'

thanks for your comment :)

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

nozue

nozue

Peanut & Shrimp

I have never seen one, it would be fun to do that someday though :)

Signature

Me also haven't seen one.Hope some day i will be lucky enough to see it.I sure will be very happy that i get more knowledge of this world.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Aww.... *jealous* xd
i wish I can see a real cha ceremony one day... T_T I only read about it in books..
and it looks very elegant... very stylish,.... ^^

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

realy?!!! XD XD
waiii!
I wish I can see em~
you gotta tell us how it is after ya see it! XD

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

never seen one but would love to see it, read about it and it seems interesting would really love to have one... But then hard to come by those things here in little ol sweden T_T

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."

Tia

Tia

some moments

I saw a japanese tea-ceremony 2 years ago ^^
There was a japanese student in our house for 1 month,
2 years ago and she shows us a lot of japanese ceremonies ^^

Signature Image

Quote by TiaI saw a japanese tea-ceremony 2 years ago ^^
There was a japanese student in our house for 1 month,
2 years ago and she shows us a lot of japanese ceremonies ^^

wow XO so lucky !!! XD it will be only two hours i think XO

hi everyone :) excuse me for being late but i couldn't put an hand to a computer before now!!! the ceremony was - unfortunately - short, too short ! a real tea ceremony goes on 4 hours so, they only shown us the last 15 minutes of the ceremony... first, all my comrades :) and myself put away our socks, we enter the room barefoot. there was big white papers on the floor, a tatami, and a paravent with a calligraphy. the calligraphy represented the four princepts of the ceremony : harmony - serenity - respect and the last one, if i remember right, peace. my heart was pounding very fast when i saw 2 people wearing beautiful kimonos : a man and a woman. the one of the woman was pink and orange and the man, grey. 1 - they have shown us how the end of the ceremony was set. 2 - they explain a few things about the tea and the instruments... 3 - they prepared tea and a biscuits for us... we often heard that japenese tea is bitter but, frankly, that's not it !!! compared to english tea, it's sweet and doesn't give a bitter taste after... the color of japenese tea is really green, it semls like all vegetals and plants... the taste is like plant too or "algues". when i drank it i couldn't say if i have hate it or like it, it's pretty troubling !i thik i have liked it in the end... it was really amazing to see that during the ceremony the atmosphere was really peaceful... i'll talk more about what i have seen and heard later ! XD

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.