Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime Licensers - Minitokyo

Anime Licensers

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

If there is any anime licenser+dubber that I cant stand its funimation, yes yes, they brought us Fruits Basket, But what about shows that are stripped and cut too much? Those of you who were or are still DBZ fans know or have seen the "edited" version of the series then saw the "unedited" felt deprived in the beginning. And when they get 24 episode series they always at least majority of the time turn them into 8 volumes,costing anime otaku's more money, aslo yugioh, if anyone didnt know, that series is 224 episodes long, and they started releasing those dvds , and still are, with only 3 episodes to each volume. do the math. How many volumes would that be? If I'm rambling let me know, I'm just curious if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Signature

They also obtained the rights to Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki 3. WHile I don't care too much for the company at least the prices on their DVD's are pretty reasonable.

Evanrued

Evanrued

I will admitt also that their prices arent too bad, they are pretty cheap, where as they put 3 episodes to each dvd, as other companies tend to do from time to time such as pioneer or ADV or Bandai, but those companies charge more for 3 episode volumes. Maybe thats becasue they give more extras on their dvds and not others, its kinda confusing once you think about it.

Signature

Well, I don't care too much about the extras, paying an average of $15 for Funimation DVD's isn't all that bad for three episodes than it is for ADV DVD's. Also, Geneon ( who recently purchased Pioneer's anime DVD division) has been releasing a majofirty of their re-issued Signature Series DVD's at $14.95 per volume at an average 3-4 episodes per DVD.

That;s why I've been picking up their DVD's on Tenchi Muyo as well.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Yeah I saw those signature series Dvds, funny on some websites they price those around $25. I dont really care about the extras either, just if they have good Anime trailers those are awlays interesting to watch, that is if the anime featured in the trailer looks good. Other than that, The only problem I have with Funimation is that fact that they take good anime's and chop them up.

Signature

If you're in the United States or Canada the DVD's can be purchased for $14.95 through the Best Buy website at [URL="http://www.bestbuy.com"]Best Buy.com[/URL].

Evanrued

Evanrued

Hey thanks for letting me know! I usually order my dvds from AnimeCornerStore.com on account they ship all orders paid with credit card super fast, not to mention they get new anime in earlier than appointed times on other sites.

Signature

Yeah, I'm forced to order my Tenchi Muyo anime DVD's through Best Buy's website because their stores no longer carry them. They usually get the DVD's out to you within 7-10 days and they send you confirmation when they receive your order, when they ship it and you can also check on the status of your order as well.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Yeah there are alot of anime stores that allow you to do those types of things, any website that has resonable prices and good merchandise and can deliver your goods in a reasonable amount of time is ok with me.

Signature

Maybe, but I prefer buying my DVD's in the stores. There's just something about having to look for these DVD's as part of a scavenger hunt. It's fun to be able to go out and turn the hunt into an adventure. Buying from websites just takes all of the fun out of that plus there's also the long wait for that purchase.

When I pay for that item I like to watch it right then not wait for a week or two after I have bought it.

Evanrued

Evanrued

True true, I remember a few times when I went to samgoody looking for a new anime, just you and the huge anime shelf before you with many oportunities stacked before you, that would seem like an adventure. But I resorted to the internet a little more because while I wait 2-3 days for my anime coming in, I have the anime I own to keep me on hold for a while, you know the titles that never get old.

Signature

I got this good friend of mine addicted to the Ah My Goddess manga series, although it had taken me nearly six months to pick up the manga then about a month before this comic shop closed for business for good he picked up the anime of the OVA series and came rushing in and said that he needed to pick up every issue of the manga series that had been published.

Needless to say it took me nearly a year and a half to help him complete his collection of this wonderful manga series. What he told me was that it was the actual hunt for these back issues that was more thrilling than just picking up the monthly issues from the local comic shops.

He had even went as far as Canada and Ontario to look for back issues of this manga series. To judge it accurately, we live in Flint and Grand Blanc a good ways away from Canda, the border is in Detroit, by the way.

He's even cursed my name, he admitted to me once, for getting him addicted to this manga series. Even his wife, who wasn't real;ly a big fan of this manga series, is now addicted to this self-same series.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Now THAT is funny! Kinda reminds me of when I was looking through one of my artbooks and a page with merchandise for the anime was pictured, and when I would see it, I would hunt it down all over until I either found it and it was obtainable, or found it but was unobtainable. In most cases I have found my items, in some, they still stay a mystery. I remember owning the Ah! My Goddess anime, but I only had volume 2, so I have it to my friends since I had like 20 other anime that I needed to finish, I hear the movie is awsome so I have recently been trying to obtain that, ^_^* along with all the other 10 anime titles that I am collecting.

Signature

Heh Heh! You should have seen me looking for these 10 DVD's that were no longer in print, I searched through eBay for several months before I finally found them.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Kinda like how the dvd for Battle Angel Alita is impossible to find?

Signature

Yeah, I wound up having to search for the lopngest time. I eventually found Silent Mobius Collection 2 and 3 from ADV Films. These $45 (each) DVD's were found on their web site for $12.95 for each set.

If it's a new anime you're looking to check out I'd check out their website.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Yeah there are alot of series that I have been looking for but I only think about collecting them. Silent Mobius in import is simple to find, sometimes I preferr the imports over the dubbed, such as Inuyasha, I think the import is better than the dub, for one I saved money and space.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

rofl...i saw some clips from one piece. wow, funimation really hacked it to pieces x_x

Evanrued

Evanrued

See someone knows what I'm talking about! And I have seen One Piece in import, and like sammo I also saw some clips from Funimation, my god, I could hardly recognize it! And One Piece is a high class anime, one of the tops in Japan at the moment along with Naruto and many others. I can only imagin what fans would say and think if they had done the same to Fruits Basket ^_^ on second thought, no I dont...to much hatred comes to mind -_-*

Signature

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.