Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your method of Extracting!! - Minitokyo

Your method of Extracting!!

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Hey all, Rein here. I just wanted know what your mehtod of extracting is... Mines very simple, but very effective. I first use the Magic Wand tool (yeah i know its icky) and then after its cut, i delete all the white (or any other color i dont need) with the eraser (also icky) but the end product looks amazing!! With real pictures i use the pen tool and create a selection... Yippe...

So post your methods here and maybe we can all pick up some new tips... :D

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I use the pen tool and cut the shape out, then load it as a selection. Then I erase the background and clean it up with the wand tool and erasing the background. If it's just a white background, I use the wand tool and delete it. That's the most efficient way. To check it, I put a background of an opposite color (black, if the original background was white) behind the image and clean up anything I missed.

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

There are so many different ways of extracting. But, I guess I'm the only one who does it this way...I actualyl use the "Extraction" Tool. I like it...

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Quote by ultimaslairThere are so many different ways of extracting. But, I guess I'm the
only one who does it this way...I actualyl use the "Extraction" Tool. I
like it...

Havent tried the extraction tool.

And I use the pwn tool.

sword

sword

wuzzahh

polygonal lasso + pen tool at 700% + zoom. this is the way minitokyo pros do it ;p

Quote by bromithia

Quote by ultimaslairThere are so many different ways of extracting. But, I guess I'm the
only one who does it this way...I actualyl use the "Extraction" Tool. I
like it...

Havent tried the extraction tool.And I use the pwn tool.

Lmao bromithia!!! The pwn tool!

The person you quoted is right though. The real Extraction tool is better than the wand or any of that stuff. If you mess up, you can just erase a little bit of the extraction line, no starting over like you do with the lasso tools. Though I must say, using the pen tool is a good idea. Never tried that.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by swordpolygonal lasso + pen tool at 700% + zoom. this is the way minitokyo pros do it ;p

The polygonal lasso tool only works for so long. After a while i just made a one pixel selection (an even one so that it wont feather) and zoom away. Then i go back with either the blur tool (1 pixel) or the pencil tool and i put in any black that is needed. Works like a charm.

Quote by Satyricon The person you quoted is right though. The real Extraction tool is better than the wand or any of that stuff. If you mess up, you can just erase a little bit of the extraction line, no starting over like you do with the lasso tools. Though I must say, using the pen tool is a good idea. Never tried that.

Its okay, but its not that good, especially if the scan or whatever you are extracting is larger than your moniter ;_; A lot of my scans are like that ;_; Anyways, the pen tool works really well, as you can curve your anchors to go along with the sides and stuff of the scan. Its pretty nifty... :D -returns to playing xmen: Legends-

Signature

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

I use polygonal lasso tool 0.4 feathered XD.. and around 500-700 zoomed in XD It makes your own scan or image a lot cleaner :nya: =/ i never liked using pen tool.. i'm not used to pen tools yet ^_^' and hm, :\ Never use magic wand when your scan has a lot of background image... it'll turn out jaggy no matter wat =_=; haha.. still Polygonal lasso tool ish da best for me XD

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

i use the polygonnal lasso and zoom to crazy numbers o.o i'v enever tried feathering it though o.ohmmmmmm

Signature
-=(AniStudios])=-

pinkdoremi

pinkdoremi

...Haro...

i use eraser :D everything else takes too long... and i can't make the extraction as smooth as using the eraser o.o;;

Signature
Plushie invasion coming ur way!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antique Fairy Tales
Graphics site that me, saki, euna, brommie, yune, and rockiee are part of ^-^ Come visit ussssss~

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I never used extraction before, but I tried and it doesn't work for me. If I tried it with a tablet and a pen, I could do it fine. My mouse control isn't that good, especially for very detailed images.

Quote by egnirysMy mouse control isn't that good, especially for very detailed images.

Do you have a trackball mouse or a laser mouse? It's not hard, it just takes a while, and you have to zoom in a lot to make the extraction clean.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Pen tool. The ultimate method in extraction. Hahahaha. xd

mmm, first i zoom in, over 800 sometimes, then i use the lasso or the eraser, that just works better for me, tried lost of ways.

if quality isnt a factor then i use the wand at about 20 or 30 and then use the blur or smudge tool for the ugly edges left after using the wand.

Signature

mezzed

mezzed

Yakusoku Tenshi

Quote by swordpolygonal lasso + pen tool at 700% + zoom. this is the way minitokyo pros do it ;p

thats how i do it except mostly i use the polygonal lasso tool but the pen tool is great for curves..

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

- pen tool and 600%++ zoom
- convert path to selection
- feather 0.2 px or as necessary (higher feather radius results in more bluriness imho)
- manual erasing of unwanted stray pixels
- clone stamp tool if needed at edges of image
- layer blending to inner glow > black/complementary color (multiply) > lower opacity > lower radius

but sometimes I mix this method with some Magix Wand, just for some really undetailed parts, other than that, I rely on eraser/clone tool most of the time

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by Satyricon

Quote by egnirysMy mouse control isn't that good, especially for very detailed images.

Do you have a trackball mouse or a laser mouse? It's not hard, it just takes a while, and you have to zoom in a lot to make the extraction clean.

I have an optical wheel mouse. I didn't have digital art in mind when I bought it. I was worse with a trackball, my hands are a little shaky except with a pen. Zooming in isn't always an option. I keep my res at 1024x768. If an image is much bigger than that, it doesn't work for me to zoom in so much.

Evolution-

Evolution-

Completed

I use the Polygonal lasso to extract the images i want and then i clean it up by making a new layer under it, fill it with black and use the eraser on the fields that i need to delete.

It really depends on the background of the image I'm trying to cut out. Most often I use a layer mask and use a brush to go around the edges until they look clean. If the background is mostly one color, I use a color to alpha of that color and then fill in the missing color on a layer underneath the original image. Sometimes other methods work better.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Quote by Vivid-ReinThe polygonal lasso tool only works for so long.

Actually, I beg to differ, XD <-uses that lasso on everything and its uncle. With quickmask.
And I don't see the need to zoom in past 400%. At that size you can see pxs clearly anyways. *shrugs* :) Just personal, of course. Could be to do with the size of my monitor making the extra scrolling worth not the accuracy-hand cramp.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by BufordIt really depends on the background of the image I'm trying to cut out. Most often I use a layer mask and use a brush to go around the edges until they look clean. If the background is mostly one color, I use a color to alpha of that color and then fill in the missing color on a layer underneath the original image. Sometimes other methods work better.

XD I used to do that a while ago, and it helped out a lot...

Quote by bucket-shotActually, I beg to differ, XD &lt;-uses that lasso on everything and its uncle. With quickmask.
And I don't see the need to zoom in past 400%. At that size you can see pxs clearly anyways. *shrugs* :) Just personal, of course. Could be to do with the size of my monitor making the extra scrolling worth not the accuracy-hand cramp.

Well, in my circumstances, it helps not to use it, because all of my scans are bigger than my laptops screen (give or take some special ones which are smaller :D), which doesnt help when i need to scroll down or up or any other direction. Making the even one pixel selection is a quick, easy way to get rid of any unwanted pixels, plus it doesnt make the picture look weird. With the lasso it takes some time to aim it in the right path, so that if you are going around a curve you wont chop off a bit of the characters outline (if it has an outline) But, i geuss its your method, so ill shut up for now -goes back to bed-

Signature

Evolution-

Evolution-

Completed

There is actualy another method that i use, but i only use this one if the background is only 1 color and doesnt blend in any way with the thing i want to extract, if it is for example a white background and a dark character i just use the magic wand tool and presses the white field and delete's it to extract the picture.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.