Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gungrave - Minitokyo

Tagged under Gungrave

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Zerowing

Zerowing

GraveZero

Gungrave was made by the peopel who made Trigun....I loved Trigun!!!!Well the story's definitely darker, but it has some of the same elements...So i guess, I like this too! lol. Anyone else?

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

All i can say it's a good game great fun but unfotunately too short :sweat: , I like the anime too the char very cool

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Gungrave was really good and I love trigun as well eventhough it is silly at times. Nothing silly about gungrave though its darker and I like the ending. I recommend people seeing it if you enjoy tales about friendship, betrayal and trust..

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."

oh GunGrave is Great,the anime and the two games (GunGrave and GunGrave OverDose or O.D that is goes like the anime).
GunGrave is a bit better then trigun,the action and the story is great,but the games are really short and dont show the life of Brandon (Beyond The Grave before he died).

bakudan00

bakudan00

Tries to reveal his identity

I love it. Both the anime and the game. I like the game the most. The anime is quite slow. it spend time most on the past.

haldir

CTA Designs...

love the game somewhat similar to trigun

diazepham

diazepham

Eye <3 Yoo?

The show was a great watch and very deep.
It stayed pretty true to the game as well.
I enjoyed Brandon Heat's character as he was progressing throughout the anime. It seemed like he tried his best to stay the way he wanted. Never really let greed and power corrupt him so much as he did have other things to worry about. Maria.... well yea. But this anime is definitely a must see for people, I think its licensed now in the US. I see episodes of it on Anime Unleashed, a show on G4TechTV

Signature

The anime was excellent. I loved the characters. The Gungrave character design was definitely nifty.

.not just another bird in a cage.

Signature

I've only seen what has aired on TechTV: the first 13 episodes, squished, dubbed.. ugh.. However, the series seems very promising to me. Parallels nicely to Berserk :)

And get your act together TechTV!

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

omg i am errr up to ep 12 and its sooo good..except the first episode what was crazeh..looking forward to watching the rest of it!!!!!!!!!

err... may contain slight spoilers...

The show isn't brilliant, but its not terrible either. There were a few things that saved it for me. The first arc of the story, Harry, and the ending were great.

I was definately enjoying the first "arc" of the story, which deals with Brandon and Harry as they climb the mafia social ladder. Then the undead stuff sorta threw me off, but I was determined to keep watching. Towards the end of the show it sort of digresses into a "lets hunt the ten super powered big bad men" anime (ala Trigun). This is what I hated the most. It lost all the intrigue and slow pacing that sparked my interest in the first place.

Brandon was a rather boring character. I've never really liked those characters that like to take a silent demeanor to the edge of insanity. It's often used as a cheesy gimmick to make the character seem like a "badass". Ichise from Texhnolyze is probably the only exception.

I can't complain about the ending. It was brilliant. Why? Because of Harry. The man was the saving grace of the show. He is a wickedly clever individual. Definately a masterful business man. But that isn't the reason why I like him so much. I like him because he is human. How refreshing to have a villain that is actually human. He betrayed his best friend, but in the end we see that he agonized over his decisions. The show is worth watching just for Harry.

Gungrave was so cool. The ending and the fights being the best. Brandon Heat and is undying devotion to Big Daddy and his friend Harry.

Excellent series, though I preferred the first half (the past) the most.

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

i agree with newleaf about Harry, but i liked the second half with the orcman because of the fights scenes. One thing i didnt like about it though was that everyone in it died :( Big Daddy and (forget his name the one who called brandon brother all hte time) were cool.

Was it based in China? and also at hte bieggining withthe chef dude who was their friend was also cool...PEACE!

Gungrave is a serious and dark show,you don't see this type of show very often.The most brilliant thing about this anime is that characters are real,I mean they act like humans most of times,all of their actions are understandable.My personal favourite was Ballabird Lee.

Gungrave has one of the best endings I have seen in any anime.

Signature Image

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

I watched it but I found some of the eps. boring, but its just me :) overall great plot^___________^

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

Tosho

Frostbite

Gungrave is spiffy

Get out of this world before you catch frostbite.
Signature

Definitely one of the better animes. It has one of the most compelling plots I've ever seen in an anime. The "past" segment was very well done, unlike the future part.

That was an awesome game, and also an awesome anime adaptation. The way I think of Gungrave now is "The Godfather meets The Punisher". If you think about it, theres a lot of stuff from both that fit well in this anime.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.