Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 giving tips to members - Minitokyo

giving tips to members

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

have any tips for new members to make their experience much better! post them here!

1. be concise with your forum topics ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=concise.jpg )

2. when reporting a scan, make sure to give out a good reason ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=report5.jpg )

3. dont submit other people's work. better yet, dont pretend you are the artist ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=pretend.jpg )

4. dont submit low quality scan ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=highq.jpg )

5. dont use smart blur to cover up for low quality scan ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=smartblur.jpg )

if you guys have anything that should be mentioned, reply away!

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

Uhm, i got one.

6. Dont resize images to make them look better on higher resolution because the quality comes like that in the section 4 - BAD.

*rofl* That's a nice scan. XD Thanks for the tips. Good, solid, basic ideas. Clearly, you can't go wrong.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Sammo this thread is a very good idea :] but make it sticky so that all n00bs will read it!!!
btw. i have another tip :P -> read the FAQ

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

dans

dans

busy u_u

yeah. make it sticky.
another tip : before you post a new thread, check if your new thread's already exist.

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

3. dont submit other people's work. better yet, dont pretend you are the artist ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=pretend.jpg )

look at pink's title and status, the rest of you will be treated the same

Signature

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Quote by Osiris3. dont submit other people's work. better yet, dont pretend you are the artist ( http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=pretend.jpg )
look at pink's title and status, the rest of you will be treated the same

hear! hear!
dont rip others' work!!!

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I've got one...

Quote: >When you've been banned by the mods because you were caught claiming ownership of someone else's work, don't try to log back in using another username. For the sake of humankind civilization, please just get off the internet, you l00z3R >;(
sooner or later Sammo will kick your sorry arse back again in the dust.

^^ oh, and the number two, about the report , that's franticly hilarious XD roflmao

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Erm better yet, new users will be forced to read that thread before even allowed to actively do something on MT >_<

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Huh, I didn't know about the smart blur tip...I just might use it....and I'm not even that much of a newbie anymore, but thanks for sharing.

Signature Image

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

oh how about
"check support-section to know more bout this site and it's policy"

and how bout the suggestion to make the policy
to be agreed first before becoming member ?

*does it help ? ^^', sorry for the language*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by jasmineSammo this thread is a very good idea :] but make it sticky so that all n00bs will read it!!!
btw. i have another tip :P -&gt; read the FAQ

I agree!! Stick it everywhere for those tips especially for number 3!!

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Heres anothing good tip for ya sammo to add on.
READ THE POLICY!
and improtantly dont swear off to somone for no reason. XD

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

How about:
Don't post a new forum thread about why your images were deleted. Use the support inquiry instead. Because if your pic was deleted, there was a reason for it so stop whining.

Quote by Tama-NekoHow about:
Don't post a new forum thread about why your images were deleted. Use the support inquiry instead. Because if your pic was deleted, there was a reason for it so stop whining.

oh yeah right! stop the stupid whining
Everything should have a reason.
Posts should be more productive discussion rather than whining!

gundex

gundex

- Gundam Freak -

OK i'll do my best to follow the rules... :)

-- \"It\'s because there\'s something i can protect only by fighting.\" Kira Yamato --

Signature

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

thank you sammoooooooo
now I know what to do when I report doubles on the gallery ^^;

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

I've got one.

If you have a question regarding MiniTokyo, check the support page before posting the question in the forum.
Chances are, you'll find your answers there. ^_^

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

Hum... Ok so in fact, we can only submit wall that we made ourself ?

If yes, I can't submit any wall because I don't know how to make a godd wall (and don't have time ^^ ) .

inuyasha

inuyasha

fire emblem pro

1 more rule no hentai

FIRE EMBLEM ROCKS!!

Who talked about hentai ? ?

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

#3 in hairlous i remember that guy osi told me he found where the work came from i almost belived that guy.....n e ways MT rocks go back to wherever other forum but im not leaving
oh yea and when ppls make comments rude ones it dosent help the person draw better i never do but i dont lie and say a pic is good i say keep trying you'll get it....

Oh, a big hit isn't there !

use firefox instead of IE !!! lol

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Another issue that's been bugging me lately:
Browse the first 1 or 2 pages of the Help and Suggestions forum before posting a new thread about an issue.
Honestly, glancing at the first 1 or 2 pages won't take much time, and I'm just saying to look at thread titles to see if your question has been answered. There have been so many duplicate threads of "Minitokyo is running slooooow" despite this thread being near the top of the first page of Suggestions and Comments with a very self-explanatory title.
Dupe threads are just as bad as dupe scans. -_-

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.