Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Yoshitoshi Abe Anime...? - Minitokyo

Favorite Yoshitoshi Abe Anime...?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Just wondering how many Yoshitoshi Abe fans are out there. And what everyone's favorite work from him is.

So far I love them all! Lain, Niea_7, Haibane Renmei, and Texhnolyze. It's too bad that they're taking so long to get the last two finished, as in my experience his anime is best viewed in one sitting!

But I hold Lain to be one of the masterpieces of anime. Of ALL anime. I think his style is unrivaled, and I love that he uses the medium to tell the story, rather than relying too heavily on dialogue, fx, or action. So there you have it.

How about YOU?

My favs Abe's anime are SEL and Haibane Renmei XD

He has great style!! I love his artworks!! :D

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Indeed he does. I don't suppose you know when the rest of the Haibane Renmei series is supposed to be out on dvd...?

I just can't wait. XD And Texhnolyze looks really promising too.

Quote by mentisIndeed he does. I don't suppose you know when the rest of the Haibane Renmei series is supposed to be out on dvd...?
I just can't wait. XD And Texhnolyze looks really promising too.

I don't have idea when it will be out :sweat:
but I've downloaded entire series via DC. :)
I've watched a few episodes of Texhnolyze...Its so wierd :o ....

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

:nya: Ha ha, that's what I love about Abe, he IS so weird. Lain was pretty darn weird, especially the first time around. In Texhnolyze he's getting a lot weirder though, I agree.

I love Abe's work XD ! I haven't seen Texhnolyze yet, but the other three. I think my fav is Haibane Renmei, the feelings and concept in this anime were just wonderful and I fall in love with the music :) ( even if I agree Lain is a masterpiece ). His works are really outstanding, most of the current anime aim only on the otakus, but series like Lain or Haibane Renmei make you think ( even NieA_7 ). And his art is just... different and wonderful, incredibly expressive ^^.
i can't wait to see Texhnolyze, I took a quick look and it seems ... "darker"

First I have to say, that I like all works done by Yoshitoshi ABE, though I can't say much about Texhnolyze, since I just started watching this series. But I like the atmosphere and artwork of the first parts of TL too.
If I had to chose, which anime from ABE I like the most, then I would say Haibane Renmei.

Signature

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Now you guys are getting me there. I have only seen the first DVD of HR, to see what it was like. But as I said before, Abe's anime has to be seen in one sitting if possible. That's why I'm waiting until I can buy the box set of HR.

Reason being, is because you get so little in story in just one episode. Just like in Lain, one episode just left you confused. But as a series, in it's entirety is where everything comes together in Abe's work. So I just can't wait XD

Perhaps I'll like HR better once I see it too, he he. One of the things that makes Abe's anime so great is his choice of main characters. He always chooses average, normal, even sub-average characters for this (though they may harber unrealized GOD powers, ha ha XD ). This is especially evident in Niea_7, which was just wonderful and actually relaxing.

You know how a lot of anime can be really strong on the sensory input (Excel Saga leaves me totally drained after a few episodes). Well, that's what was so nice about Niea_7, it was soothing!

Oh my... ^_^' This post is getting quite long...I better stop...now... ^_^'

Yeah, that's so true : I think NieA_7 was the most relaxing and pleasant anime I've seen. You really watch... and enjoy ^^. But it's not as if it had no plot or deeper meaning, it's just that it has this little something which makes you feel good :) .

Leaf

Leaf

Dreamcatcher

My favorite is Lain.. XD I love that anime.. I also like Haibane Renmei. ^^ I didn't like texhnolyze.. I thought it was too.. weird.. and I didn't get past the first few episodes.. -__-; As well as I haven't seen NieA_7.. ;_; I wanted to but I can't find it anywhere! XD Anyways his artworks rock! =D I love them. ^^

Signature Image
thanks to wintersrain for the banner

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Gaijin, I totally agree with you on Niea_7. It was very pleasant indeed (even though Niea herself was a bit of a pest somtimes...kind of like my cat).

Leaf, I also agree with you on Lain. But I urge you not to base your judgement of anything less than the entire series of Texhnolyze. And since I haven't seen it all, I cannot say much, except for the fact that with the other Abe anime, you never understand until you see every episode from first to last (especially with Lain). And even thenyou sometimes have to watch it again to further understand the messages. So who knows...you may like Texhnolyze a lot more if you see all thte episodes.

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

haibane
and then niea.

didnt really care for lain. tex, i have but never got around to watching it.

slide...

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Ahh...dear Ay-chama, this makes me inclined to ask you if you have seen the entire Lain series? If so, then how long did you take to watch it, and how many times? I am curious, because you are the first to say this and I'd like to figure out your reasons for saying it. :D

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.