Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in souls? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in souls?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Does things such as souls exist? Are we more than just a material piece of flesh? Where does our mind go when our bodies are no more?
What do you think, do souls truly exist?

I don't believe in souls.
I don't even see why they should exist.

- R. K. Kishore

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

i do beleive in souls. actually i'm positive the soul (spirit) does exist. our souls house our true essence or (truth). our bodies are merely the vessel in which our souls occupy during this long, hard passage called "life".

know that, i don't currently subsribe to any religions per se., but i do beleive in the soul and spirit. only question i have: what happens when you die? it may be that everything just "fades to black", but alas i can't say 4 sure. :sweat:

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Huh, I've never been asked that question so I don't really know the answer myself...I guess I always believed in souls because of the many stories I either saw on tv or read into books...But a part of me isn't all that sure of their existence...nothing proves it. I'm not a scientific person, I do believe in miracles, but it's easier for me to believe things when they have facts to back them up.

Signature Image

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Quote by leviathanrkI don't believe in souls.I don't even see why they should exist.

I believe in souls, even tho im not chirstan or anything.
but for some reason if a soul doesnt exist in you.
ur just a emoitionless shell.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by ElectrastarHuh, I've never been asked that question so I don't really know the
answer myself...I guess I always believed in souls because of the many
stories I either saw on tv or read into books...But a part of me isn't
all that sure of their existence...nothing proves it. I'm not a
scientific person, I do believe in miracles, but it's easier for me to
believe things when they have facts to back them up.

well that's an interesting point Electrastar. science will probably never come to terms with such things as "souls" or religion for that matter. i mean a "soul" is assumed to be weightless for the most part. i know expirements have been done weighing a dying person's before and after death. :sweat:

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

True, like the movie 21 grams I think. The body loses 21 grams when it dies...but still...I's all quite complex for me...I mean, a soul is not material...it can't be seen...funny that I say such things because I believe in God. Why? Nothing proves that he exists...Sure there's the bible, but that's a story, it could have been invented...I think that people need something to believe in, for me it's God and to a certain extend, maybe I do believe in souls....I suppose it's what gives us our personality and makes us different from on another.

Signature Image

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Quote by Shadowdude

Quote by leviathanrkI don't believe in souls.I don't even see why they should exist.

but for some reason if a soul doesnt exist in you.ur just a emoitionless shell.

I know for this comes with being evil, you lose your soul. But even evil people can get emotional at time XD gotta share the love. But on a more serious note, yes i believe in souls. Everyone has one, its who you are inside, evil or good, we're all the same.

Signature

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote by Shadowdude

but for some reason if a soul doesnt exist in you.
ur just a emoitionless shell.

That's called spirit. ^_^

i don't see why we couldn't have souls, and there's no real reason why we shouldn't. Even if we don't have souls, the thought still gives hope to people.

And yes, I am Christian.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

If a body has no soul, then it is an emotionless machine. It's sad to think that souls don't exist.

Wiegraf30

Peasant of the Pillbugs

Quote by kriminal2003If a body has no soul, then it is an emotionless machine. It's sad to think that souls don't exist.

It's been essentially proven that emotions are caused through chemicals in the brain.

Quote by AceGunmanDoes things such as souls exist? Are we more than just a material piece
of flesh? Where does our mind go when our bodies are no more? What do
you think, do souls truly exist?

A mind is part of the body; when the body dies, the mind follows suit. People like to refer to our complex emotions and thoughts as being actions of the soul because it's simply more convenient (and for some reason, 'more optimistic') than describing it all as a bunch of electric signals and chemicals. A question I've always wanted to know the answer to; if souls exist, and that soul contains our personality, emotions, knowledge, etc. then what does the brain store?

Science has advanced to a point where you don't need to incorporate an intangible object such as a soul when describing the workings of a human mind and body.

Lvl 10 achieved! My rank has risen yet again! No longer a Servant; I'm now a Peasant! Mwahaha!

Yes I think I believe in something you call "a soul" or "ghosts" or "spirits" or whatever, but what I do not believe is what you sometimes see on pictures.

Often you are forced to believe something what clearly resembles a ghost (like on www. sfogs.com for instance) but I do not believe does things. It's always prove by captures on video or pictures and these are easy to fake, how true and mysterious or creepy the result may be.

Therefor, I'd like to believe in something "further than just the human body", our soul, our spirit, but then in a way that you'll never know what it could or will be when you're not in that state yourself, or when you're not confronted with it yourself.
I don't know if I make myself clear here, but that's how I think about it. It's not that I mean to say that I don't believe until I see it myself, though, but more like : there IS something, spirits and the world where they belong, but you won't know about that until...

Ouffff ;-)

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by kriminal2003If a body has no soul, then it is an emotionless machine. It's sad to think that souls don't exist.

reminds me of ghost in the shell. :hmpf:

tehPeril

tehPeril

Fangirl #87

I don't believe in souls. Never have. It's a pretty thought, but in the end I think it's just consolation for people who want to think they're somehow special #_#

Quote by tehPerilI don't believe in souls. Never have. It's a pretty thought, but in the
end I think it's just consolation for people who want to think they're
somehow special #_#

hahha yea, it does seem that way.

- R. K. Kishore

i wonder if it's true, i wonder if souls really excist x_x. and how long would a soul excist? would we keep our memories when our soul leaves the body? so many questions in my head..

Well, Roshinku, to answer your questions, I think, when reading my comments, I think you will see when your time has come, and your questions willl be answered, but before that moment, you shouldn't bother...

Deen

Deen

|| Le croyant ||

Definitely !! I absolutely believe it.

Signature Image

I really believe that every living creature has a soul.^_^ I believe that souls are almost eternal and when body is dead,soul goes out of the body to the afterlife ^^

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I do not really believe it that strongly. But, there might be something to it, in terms of love. I think of the japenese strings on your finger. The string is like the souls. You are attached to your special person by a certain force( maybe a soul?) that will only make you a happy person as long as you find that other end.

I talk to them, I got hurt by them.. if you don´t believe it´s why you´re not meant to experience these stuff... believe me, it´s weird and scary//

I dont really know. I guess I'm nuetral on this one.

I want to believe that a soul exists within us. Our "emotions" are caused by chemicals in our brain, right? How does the brain know to cause these emotions? Why do some people love the sight of blood and other people faint because of it? What makes the difference in our reactions to it?..our upbringing makes the brain work in different ways? is that it? ...I think that our souls is what triggers those chemicals=emotions...

davew30

davew30

I ate mythology and slept

I personally believe we have souls but sometimes, I think that it could be made up by religion to scare the masses and submit to their teachings for social order purposes. It's nice to think that we have souls....

Stop deaths on the road, drive on the pavement!!!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.